Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Here's a link to a great Richardson interview

Here's a link to a great Trent interview with the Cleveland TV station after the trade yesterday.

http://www.19actionnews.com/category/240218/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9323199

He seems like a really classy guy -- has nothing but good things to say about the organization that blind-sided him with this trade.  We are REALLY "Luck"y to have him as a Colt.  Welcome, Trent, to the shoe -- we are so glad you are here.

Here's a link to a great Trent interview with the Cleveland TV station after the trade yesterday.

http://www.19actionnews.com/category/240218/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9323199

He seems like a really classy guy -- has nothing but good things to say about the organization that blind-sided him with this trade.  We are REALLY "Luck"y to have him as a Colt.  Welcome, Trent, to the shoe -- we are so glad you are here.

just so u know , if few respond its because it was also buried in another thread  ealier in AM after someone asked  in that topic does anyone know his reaction

Seems like a pretty good guy. 

Happy to have him.

Can someone do a word count of how many times Trent Richardson says "You know?" Nice guy but he really needs to broaden his vocabulary skills a little bit.

What kind of organization doesn't have the decency to notify their star RB that he has been traded to INDY prior to notifying media outlets? That's really sad & disgraceful IMHO. If, god forbid, a tragedy happened to a beloved family member would the Browns let Trent hear of the fatality on the Ohio broadcasting stations too? Sigh...

Welcome to INDY Mr. Richardson!  :hat:

Can someone do a word count of how many times Trent Richardson says "You know?" Nice guy but he really needs to broaden his vocabulary skills a little bit.

What kind of organization doesn't have the decency to notify their star RB that he has been traded to INDY prior to notifying media outlets? That's really sad & disgraceful IMHO. If, god forbid, a tragedy happened to a beloved family member would the Browns let Trent hear of the fatality on the Ohio broadcasting stations too? Sigh...

Welcome to INDY Mr. Richardson! :hat:

Pagano says "you know" & "umm" alot in his interviews & press conferences. Laron Landry says "you know" alot too.

Those are the people who don't like or care for being on camera. Imo

Pagano says "you know" & "umm" alot in his interviews & press conferences. Laron Landry says "you know" alot too.

Those are the people who don't like or care for being on camera. Imo

True TK. I guess I have always been taught that the words you use in conversation creates an immediate impression regarding how others perceive you intellectually. The command of a person's prose & diction determines how others view you & treat you & ,if a number of athletes would like to work in TV after their NFL careers are done, they would be well advised to pay attention to how they communicate & address the media. You only have 1 chance to create a good impression. It's how SW1 was brought up. 

Words, rightly or wrongly, are used as a benchmark for intelligence even though there is no scientific proof that a diverse vocabulary will get you a better job, a better life, or a prettier wife in  the long run.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

True TK. I guess I have always been taught that the words you use in conversation creates an immediate impression regarding how others perceive you intellectual. The command of a person's prose & diction determines how others view you & treat you & ,if a number of athletes would like to work in TV after their NFL careers are done, they would be well advised to pay attention to how they communicate & address the media. You only have 1 chance to create a good impression. It's how SW1 was brought up. 

He's also a 22 year old kid who just went through a life altering event surrounded by a bunch of people he's never seen before.  I say he handled himself perfectly fine.

He's also a 22 year old kid who just went through a life altering event surrounded by a bunch of people he's never seen before.  I say he handled himself perfectly fine.

Age means nothing. It's all about how you carry yourself & the impression you make. I've known people 18 years old  that conduct themselves with more decorum than a 40 year old. A person's age is irrelevant IMO. 

True TK. I guess I have always been taught that the words you use in conversation creates an immediate impression regarding how others perceive you intellectually. The command of a person's prose & diction determines how others view you & treat you & ,if a number of athletes would like to work in TV after their NFL careers are done, they would be well advised to pay attention to how they communicate & address the media. You only have 1 chance to create a good impression. It's how SW1 was brought up. 

Words, rightly or wrongly, are used as a benchmark for intelligence even though there is no scientific proof that a diverse vocabulary will get you a better job, a better life, or a prettier wife in  the long run.  

Hey SW1, I swear a lot in my personal conversation so am I on my 4/5/6 impression!  lol!  Just trying to put some humor here.  Have a good one SW1 and everyone else!

Guest TeamLoloJones

Age means nothing. It's all about how you carry yourself & the impression you make. I've known people 18 years old  that conduct themselves with more decorum than a 40 year old. A person's age is irrelevant IMO. 

A person's mode of speaking and lingering on phrases when talking to reporters is IRRELEVANT.  You know what is not a good trait?   Being judgmental of the way someone speaks.  Not to spark some debate or anything, but I think you are really off base with this one.

Hey SW1, I swear a lot in my personal conversation so am I on my 4/5/6 impression!  lol!  Just trying to put some humor here.  Have a good one SW1 and everyone else!

I have no problem with a person being comfortable in their own skin swearing or otherwise. To each their own. Will vocabulary affect Richardson's ability to run the ball, score TDs, or be a fantastic teammate in LOS? No, absolutely not. I just have an issue with phrases that get repeated incessantly. I come from a long line of teachers & professors in my family & proper grammar was always drilled into my head even today. Not Trent's problem I realize that. It's just something that SW1 is quite cognizant of that's all.  Carry on...

A person's mode of speaking and lingering on phrases when talking to reporters is IRRELEVANT.  You know what is not a good trait?   Being judgmental of the way someone speaks.  Not to spark some debate or anything, but I think you are really off base with this one.

I've got news for ya TeamLoloJames. People make snap decisions & generalizations about how individuals communicate every single day. Can those snap decisions be wrong? Sure. I never said that Mr. Richardson wasn't smart & I realize that he was freelancing, speaking of the cuff, & trying to come to terms with rapid, unexpected events that transpired. I get all that. For me, just me, endless repetition of phrases annoys me. You don't have to like it or even agree with me. That's perfectly fine. I just believe smart individuals like Mr. Richardson don't need to say the same thing over & over again. Again, this vocal pattern doesn't make him foolish, simpleminded, or dumb. It's just a pet peeve on mine. Take or leave it. I don't really care what you think either way. It's a personal preference thing. Nothing more; nothing less. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

I've got news for ya TeamLoloJames. People make snap decisions & generalizations about how individuals communicate every single day. Can those snap decisions be wrong? Sure. I never said that Mr. Richardson wasn't smart & I realize that he was freelancing, speaking of the cuff, & trying to come to terms with rapid, unexpected events that transpired. I get all that. For me, just me, endless repetition of phrases annoys me. You don't have to like it or even agree with me. That's perfectly fine. I just believe smart individuals like Mr. Richardson don't need to say the same thing over & over again. Again, this vocal pattern doesn't make him foolish, simpleminded, or dumb. It's just a pet peeve on mine. Take or leave it. I don't really care what you think either way. It's a personal preference thing. Nothing more; nothing less. 

I think people making any kind of judgement about a person based on something as ridiculous as that is absolutely laughable.  If you have a self involved concept about how another person should talk maybe you should just keep that to yourself.  Sorry but people spewing out ridiculous and baseless judgements about another person they don't even know is just, as you say, a pet peeve of mine. 

Okay, perhaps my above response was a tad harsh. I do care what people think actually. I didn't mean to come off as a colossal jerk or dictator. Sorry TeamLoloJames & TK24 my apologizes. I wasn't trying to attack Mr. Richardson's character or intelligence just convey my dislike for frequent repetition. I like you guys & I apologize if I accidentally ruffled a few feathers fellas. My bad. 

I think people making any kind of judgement about a person based on something as ridiculous as that is absolutely laughable.  If you have a self involved concept about how another person should talk maybe you should just keep that to yourself.  Sorry but people spewing out ridiculous and baseless judgements about another person they don't even know is just, as you say, a pet peeve of mine. 

The fact remains a person's vocabulary & their application of it does create an impression. I'm not taking about character assassination here or impugning the integrity of someone's reputation based on 1 chance encounter, but it happens every single day in the people we come into contact with. Snap generalizations get made.

Can those generalizations change as time progresses & fans get better acquainted with Mr. Richardson? Absolutely. But, please don't act like impressions don't get conveyed. Yes, there are always differences in how those impressions get interpreted. It's like an educated guess. Is it concrete? Is it definitive? No of course not. But, a person makes a guess based on the information available to them at the time & their own life experiences. As more information on the person gets known, the impression evolves into a better picture based on the new information & familiarity you now have about the subject in question. 

Can someone do a word count of how many times Trent Richardson says "You know?" Nice guy but he really needs to broaden his vocabulary skills a little bit. Its easy to pick out the players that accually got/have/cared about an education! Way over half the league talk like their in grade school yet,thats a fact if u listen to enough of them talk.

Can someone do a word count of how many times Trent Richardson says "You know?" Nice guy but he really needs to broaden his vocabulary skills a little bit. Its easy to pick out the players that accually got/have/cared about an education! Way over half the league talk like their in grade school yet,thats a fact if u listen to enough of them talk.