Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts may have a better chance in SF

Everyone

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 53s Harbaugh: "I expect Aldon to be back at work and play on Sunday."

Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 1m Perhaps #49ers figure they are going to lose Smith for, at least, a game form an NFL suspension at some point. Why lose more time now?

As a Niners fan I'm honestly not feeling all that good about the teams chances until they get their running game back to last years level. Kaps injury explains last weeks accuracy problems and makes the running game that much more important for them.

Welcome to the Colts' forum! I look forward to a competitive game. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing y'all again in February!

coltsfan1828, on 20 Sept 2013 - 7:00 PM, said:

Welcome to the Colts' forum! I look forward to a competitive game. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing y'all again in February!

Thanks Coltsfan1828! I think this game will be closer than what's being predicted. Lot of turmoil and many injuries to key players going on right now in SF. Some good news would be nice for a change.

I wouldn't mind seeing these two teams play again either! I wouldn't doubt that they'll meet in the big game somewhere down the road. Couple of years of seasoning and they'll be ready.

Thanks Coltsfan1828! I think this game will be closer than what's being predicted. Lot of turmoil and many injuries to key players going on right now in SF. Some good news would be nice for a change.

I wouldn't mind seeing these two teams play again either! I wouldn't doubt that they'll meet in the big game somewhere down the road. Couple of years of seasoning and they'll be ready.

Headlines and highlights of Stanford's offense will be abound during that superbowl week haha.

Ok, i love my team...but im a realist and I go with the statistics...We stand no chance. :woah::omg::eek:  What did i just say?!  Did he just really say that?  Yes, yes i did.  depending on what you look at we are at minimum a 10 pt underdog on this and i have seen upwards of 17.  Our guys are just as banged up as their guys, but their banged up guys can be just as good as some of our healthy guys, Mcglynn and Vaughn anyone. :facepalm:   I really dont see us containing the edge or stuffing the run at all.  Landry out, Angerer out, Bethea playing but injured, TY, DHB, and a back up in Reed are all hurt.  If we play like we have nothing to lose, thats just going to get more people injured and mess us up in the long run. 

Plus somehow, A guy, Aldon Smith, who was arrested for a DUI with Marijuana in his car is STILL going to play Sunday....how in the world is that possible, why isnt this guy suspended immediately? O.o

If we win this one somehow then its going to be a miracle, and i will change my profile pic to something that you the fellow board members can pick.  Have a nice day, now i must go and :corner:  before you all put me there.

Idk if anyone has read this but this talks about the Richardson trade and later says:

"After the Colts lose in San Francisco this Sunday, they'll be 1-2 with a home-and-home against Houston, home games against Seattle and Denver, and road games at San Diego, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Arizona and Kansas City remaining. They won't be favored in any of those nine games. It's true."

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9697327/game-changers

Im starting to worry we just gave away a top 10 pick....

Idk if anyone has read this but this talks about the Richardson trade and later says:

"After the Colts lose in San Francisco this Sunday, they'll be 1-2 with a home-and-home against Houston, home games against Seattle and Denver, and road games at San Diego, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Arizona and Kansas City remaining. They won't be favored in any of those nine games. It's true."

Then perhaps you can quit watching football now if you believe that to be a fact. 

Don't worry just yet.. because yes, the injuries are beginning to rack up on us, but these guys will get healthy. I'm excited to see what Conner does at ILB for us this week with Angerer out and see if he can be that run stopper we are needing, and we just need to let guys continue to gel as a team. Look at how many starters we have this year that we didn't last year:

HB - Trent Richardson/Ahmad Bradshaw

WR - Darius Heyward-Bey

LG - Hugh Thornton

RT - Gosder Cherilus

NT - Aubrayo Franklin

RE - Ricky Jean-Fracois

ROLB - Erik Walden/Bjoern Werner

ILB - Pat Angerer (return from injury)

CB - Greg Toler

FS - LaRon Landry

I mean, those are all starters essentially.. that's 10 out of 22 possible positions. That's a lot of starters.. we just need to let these guys continue to gel. Keep faith brother.

Then perhaps you can quit watching football now if you believe that to be a fact. 

Lol i saw the notifications and literally said "oh here we go."  And you proved it true.  :attack:

But which do you think were going to be favored in?  The only possible ones may be, and a big MAY, @Tennessee and @ Arizona.

Oh i will still root for my team, and scream and yell at the TV that i know wont make a difference but will make me feel better.  And continue to blame the horrible refs as well.

Lol i saw the notifications and literally said "oh here we go."  And you proved it true.  :attack:

But which do you think were going to be favored in?  The only possible ones may be, and a big MAY, @Tennessee and @ Arizona.

Oh i will still root for my team, and scream and yell at the TV that i know wont make a difference but will make me feel better.  And continue to blame the horrible refs as well.

Say what?!? I didn't attack you. 

I don't think the Colts are as out matched as everyone thinks in the 49ers game. Double cover Boldin if Davis doesn't play and focus all LB on Colin and Gore.

QB - Advantage Colts

RB - Advantage Colts (Gore is slowing down and we now have (2) 1,000 rushers)

WR - Advantage Colts (after Boldin what do the 49ers have?)

TE - Advantage Colts (If Davis doesn't play - questionable)

Oline - Advantage 49ers (the colts did look better last week)

LB - Advantage 49ers

Dline - Advantage 49ers (they have a lot of injuries in this area right now)

CB - Even

S - Even (if Bethea plays since the 49ers safety is injured and Landry is injured)

K - Even

Don't worry just yet.. because yes, the injuries are beginning to rack up on us, but these guys will get healthy. I'm excited to see what Conner does at ILB for us this week with Angerer out and see if he can be that run stopper we are needing, and we just need to let guys continue to gel as a team. Look at how many starters we have this year that we didn't last year:

HB - Trent Richardson/Ahmad Bradshaw

WR - Darius Heyward-Bey

LG - Hugh Thornton

RT - Gosder Cherilus

NT - Aubrayo Franklin

RE - Ricky Jean-Fracois

ROLB - Erik Walden/Bjoern Werner

ILB - Pat Angerer (return from injury)

CB - Greg Toler

FS - LaRon Landry

I mean, those are all starters essentially.. that's 10 out of 22 possible positions. That's a lot of starters.. we just need to let these guys continue to gel. Keep faith brother.

Can't gel if they keep dropping like flies to injury

how fast are your LB's? I know very little about the Colts D any more. they key to beating them is to contain the edge and have your secondary press their WR's at the same time.

Could be a concern.  We used to have a bunch of tiny quick guys on defense.  Since we transitioned to the 3-4 we've gotten bigger and slower.  Against the Raiders we shadowed Terrelle Pryor with a 4th string ILB (Kelvin Sheppard) and that didn't go so well for us.  I hope we have a better plan to contain Kaepernick.

How did the Seahawks do it (aside from just having incredible talent on defense)?

Could be a concern.  We used to have a bunch of tiny quick guys on defense.  Since we transitioned to the 3-4 we've gotten bigger and slower.  Against the Raiders we shadowed Terrelle Pryor with a 4th string ILB (Kelvin Sheppard) and that didn't go so well for us.  I hope we have a better plan to contain Kaepernick.

How did the Seahawks do it (aside from just having incredible talent on defense)?

With Kavell Conner in there, I could see us shadowing Kaepernick with Jerrell Freeman with Conner in there to help slow down their running game.

I've checked Kevin Bowen, Phil B Wilson, & Craig Kelley's Twitter. None of them mentioned Connor on the injury report so I assume he's healthy

ILB Kavell Conner (ankle) fully practiced Wednesday and may be cleared to play against the 49ers on Sunday. He has missed the first two games.