Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you like the Richardson trade?

Superman

Do you like this trade?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like that we gave up a 2014 1st rounder for Richardson?

• Yes, I like it
    • No, I don't like it
    • I'm torn; he's a good player, but the price is too steep

While I was watching him vs Dolphins through the 1st quarter Richardson was pounding them, but as the game went on I think I found a RG even worse than McGlynn, that guy Cousins was getting torched by Starks, Soali, and Odrick consistently which blew up a lot of his runs throughout the rest of the game. It was amazing how he was making people miss just to get back to the line of scrimmage, but on stretch runs and tosses he does get a little ancy and want to cut back a little too early instead of pressing the hole a little bit longer before he plants his foot and cuts back.

I haven't watched the week 2 game yet

ya know....unless your name is Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson there is only so much ya can do when teams load the box, Just speaks to how great those guys are/were

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many pluses and minuses to the deal but we do save the money we would have paid for our first rd pick. That bonus money that has already been paid by cleveland is bonus money we won't pay this year to our pick and thus I would say we will be able to sign a very nice free agent with that...basically taking the place of our first rd pick...hopefully someone that can contribute right away. Sure there may not be a huge savings there at least not enough to say resign Davis or Bethea or go out and get a top 10 FA but probably another middle tier one like say Donald Thomas that we brought in this year...so its not like it was a player for player situation...we saved money too correct?

I love how a lot of the people who think trading for Richardson was a such a great decision, and how it is going to save our season are many of the same people who were ripping JSHIPP a few months ago for daring to suggest we use a 1st round pick ( and many didn't even want to use a 2nd) for a stud RB.

I hate the idea of using a 1st round pick on a RB (didn't agree then, still dont agree now). At least when JSHIPP was suggesting it we knew what pick we were giving up, we don't know what we gave up in this case.  We could fall on our face, and it ends up being a high pick. Got to love the hypocrisy!

The firecracker will be lit when it's time. I think our WR corps is solid for the time being. I didn't realize next year is Wayne's last year on this deal though.

yeah, what I'm concerned about, unless we get a WR1 through trade or free agency or find one in DHB (doubtful) or Rodgers (If we can grow him up fast) is that we're drafting a rookie WR to be our WR1 with zero time to learn the position at the NFL level before being the main guy.  

Ideally you would want him to have at least 1 year where he can play the #2 position and be the secondary target before being asked to be the main guy.

We could of course try to talk Reggie into taking another 1 or 2 year deal.  I suppose that's always a possibility if he's still got it in a couple years.  I doubt he'd consider offers from other teams unless we just totally disrespected him with our offer, but he may just want to retire after this deal is done.  

I love how a lot of the people who think trading for Richardson was a such a great decision, and how it is going to save our season are many of the same people who were ripping JSHIPP a few months ago for daring to suggest we use a 1st round pick ( and many didn't even want to use a 2nd) for a stud RB.

I hate the idea of using a 1st round pick on a RB (didn't agree then, still dont agree now). At least when JSHIPP was suggesting it we knew what pick we were giving up, we don't know what we gave up in this case.  We could fall on our face, and it ends up being a high pick. Got to love the hypocrisy!

I agree with you, I would have traded a 2nd for him, but not the first.  But since it's done I'm going to try to be positive and look forward to seeing what he can do, he is a high caliber player.  But unless he's Adrian Peterson 2.0, he's not worth a first.  Because as far as I can see Adrian Peterson is really the only game changing RB in the NFL. 

I agree with you, I would have traded a 2nd for him, but not the first.  But since it's done I'm going to try to be positive and look forward to seeing what he can do, he is a high caliber player.  But unless he's Adrian Peterson 2.0, he's not worth a first.  Because as far as I can see Adrian Peterson is really the only game changing RB in the NFL. 

My sentiments, exactly

You're not a true Colts fan if you're not willing to put on the blue-tinted shades and drink blueberry Kool-Aid, my man. 

The poll says it all!!

Not exactly sure what the poll says really, Its fans opinions, neither the pole or fans opinions in general will determine if this was a good business decision, Thats not to say I dont like Richardson because I do...But most fans love to get overhyped and much of the time they dont know what it is they are getting all hyped over. At any rate I am hoping for the best, this is clearly a win now move

You aren't a colts fan unless you question and bash every decision made my man

That's not even the case. You even suggesting that actually goes more to my point. If I don't agree with every move upper-management has made, that somehow makes me less of a fan?

I loved most of the moves made by Grigson last year, and was ready to move on from the Polian era. This year, not so much. He's turning into Dan Snyder

Not exactly sure what the poll says really, Its fans opinions, neither the pole or fans opinions in general will determine if this was a good business decision, Thats not to say I dont like Richardson because I do...But most fans love to get overhyped and much of the time they dont know what it is they are getting all hyped over. At any rate I am hoping for the best, this is clearly a win now move

If, and that's a big if. If he can live up to the hype he had coming out of college it will be a good move. A luxury move but still a good move. We won't really know till we see him hit the field. If Ballard and Bradshaw have had good luck running behind our line I don't see why he couldn't do the same. If not more, cause he is a serious load to take down. Id love to have a healthy in his prime Michael Turner type runner.

That's not even the case. You even suggesting that actually goes more to my point. If I don't agree with every move upper-management has made, that somehow makes me less of a fan?

I loved most of the moves made by Grigson last year, and was ready to move on from the Polian era. This year, not so much. He's turning into Dan Snyder

We've only played 2 games. How do you know?

For the record, there's nothing wrong with not agreeing or questioning. But what I see is a lot of my opinion is right and if you don't agree with me your a fool posts and attitudes. Not by you, both sides in general. Just cracks me up.

We've only played 2 games. How do you know?

For the record, there's nothing wrong with not agreeing or questioning. But what I see is a lot of my opinion is right and if you don't agree with me your a fool posts and attitudes. Not by you, both sides in general. Just cracks me up.

Na, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Totally agree. I don't like the trade and think it was a total waste... but I also hope i'm proven wrong

Na, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Totally agree. I don't like the trade and think it was a total waste... but I also hope i'm proven wrong

It might have been an over the top win now move. But it sure beats the alternative. Bradshaw going down and having Brown as our only back. Not much power running in Brown and Williams.

If, and that's a big if. If he can live up to the hype he had coming out of college it will be a good move. A luxury move but still a good move. We won't really know till we see him hit the field. If Ballard and Bradshaw have had good luck running behind our line I don't see why he couldn't do the same. If not more, cause he is a serious load to take down. Id love to have a healthy in his prime Michael Turner type runner.

I personally would not have done it, I believe Richardson is  going to be a great Back but he is not an Adrian Peterson like Back. A very good Back but not a game changer. I think I would have just taken a  Marcus Coker or Isaiah Crowell or Michael Dyer all later...Assuming they have all of there off field issues left behind them and are ready to grow up

Not exactly sure what the poll says really, Its fans opinions, neither the pole or fans opinions in general will determine if this was a good business decision, Thats not to say I dont like Richardson because I do...But most fans love to get overhyped and much of the time they dont know what it is they are getting all hyped over. At any rate I am hoping for the best, this is clearly a win now move

In the end really, only the future tells if this is a good decision or not.  

Let's say next year we get Allen, Thomas, and Ballard back and Richardson decides to release his inner Adrian Peterson and we avoid major injuries and we are a top contender for a SB.  Then this trade will get a catchy name and be remembered throughout all of history as the day the Colt's stole a future HOF RB from the Browns for a silly first rounder.  Then it's a great decision.

If Richardson blows out his knee's and only plays 6 games for the Colt's before we cut him due to injuries it was a waste of a first rounder.  

The truth will likely be someplace in the middle.  

Personally I see TR at best (his ceiling) as being a Marshawn Lynch type of player.  Good RB in all phases but not a game breaker.  So I do think we got better with this trade, but I also think we could have done better overall in the long run with that first round pick.  

In the end really, only the future tells if this is a good decision or not.

Let's say next year we get Allen, Thomas, and Ballard back and Richardson decides to release his inner Adrian Peterson and we avoid major injuries and we are a top contender for a SB. Then this trade will get a catchy name and be remembered throughout all of history as the day the Colt's stole a future HOF RB from the Browns for a silly first rounder. Then it's a great decision.

If Richardson blows out his knee's and only plays 6 games for the Colt's before we cut him due to injuries it was a waste of a first rounder.

The truth will likely be someplace in the middle.

Personally I see TR at best (his ceiling) as being a Marshawn Lynch type of player. Good RB in all phases but not a game breaker. So I do think we got better with this trade, but I also think we could have done better overall in the long run with that first round pick.

Yeah and Trent is bigger with same speed as Lynch