Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking news: Colts trade for Trent Richardson (((merge)))

NCost12

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're likely picking in the teens anyway. To get a top 5 or at worst top 10 talent like TR is amazing! 

thats true...im not sure how to feel right now. he is supposed to be pretty good, he is a top 5 talent. on teh other hand he is injured a lot. Also, why the heck did we sign Bradshaw for?

if we pick in the teens i guess if he keeps healthy this would be great deal but man.. i dotn know haha

really, really possible. RT @NateDunlevy Sure hope they didn't just deal a top-10 pick. I believe it's possible.

Not sure quite what to think about this move......

I need to digest it and think it over. I am not sure I like the idea of giving up a first rounder though if we don't make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs then I might not mind but we have a really tough schedule ahead of us here.

Seems Irsay/Grigson won't give up on this team either. They really want it to succeed......

Not sure if I like giving up a first rounder but he has so much potential, really needs to stay healthy.  He is a major upgrade to Ballard and will be great with Bradshaw.

If he stays healthy we should have a great QB and RB.

Unlike most on this forum the commitment to the run is not all that exciting considering this league is a passing league and unless you have a shutdown D you will have to pass the ball.

Either way I like the move and I think it makes us a much better team, we will be a force in the very near future which for me is 2014.  This year I expect good things but I had tempered my expectations before the season.

I like where we are headed GO COLTS :blueshoe:

Right, and the issue with this team on O is the OL.   Not the RB position.     UGHHH..

oh well...    we shall see.

I do not like coughing up draft picks for "under preforming" FORMER draft picks.

I'm excited about getting a really good, potentially GREAT player, but I'm very dissatisfied if we really gave up a first rounder. 

thats true...im not sure how to feel right now. he is supposed to be pretty good, he is a top 5 talent. on teh other hand he is injured a lot. Also, why the heck did we sign Bradshaw for?

if we pick in the teens i guess if he keeps healthy this would be great deal but man.. i dotn know haha

Greg Cowan@GregCowanCA2m

really, really possible. RT @NateDunlevy Sure hope they didn't just deal a top-10 pick. I believe it's possible.

I don't think the Ballard injury was an expected one.

Gonna need some time to digest this one.  Can't really say it was a terrible pick.  He's a 2nd year guy, I mean, it's not like we gave up a first for a 28 year old.  And if we end up middle of the draft next year, probably would have been a steal, but we gotta hit on our later draft picks.

Thank you Ryan Grigson for explaining your actions. We appreciate you!

In Grigson we TRUST!!

*Salutes* :thmup:

Well this one has the "potential" to be a really NICE one...    if it turns out to be in the late teens to twenties ..  cool.

But if it is top 10......    ughhhhhhhh

Lots of iffsssss

People drastically overvalue first round draft picks.

Never quite understood it myself.

Well this one has the "potential" to be a really NICE one...    if it turns out to be in the late teens to twenties ..  cool.

Lots of iffsssss

It wont be a top 10 pick. We're picked 15-20. Maybe lower.

Giving up a first rounder for a RB is the problem I have with it....it boggles my mind.

Right, and the issue with this team on O is the OL.   Not the RB position.     UGHHH..

oh well...    we shall see.

I do not like coughing up draft picks for "under preforming" FORMER draft picks.

I agree, I agree, I agree.

But Richardson is a really good back, better than anyone we've had since 2000 Edgerrin James. There's upside now, but giving up a first is strange. We had better make the playoffs, otherwise that pick is going to be much more valuable than the player.

I usually don't like taking rbs in the first round, but TRich is a special talent. 

The problem isnt his ability. It's his ability to stay healthy.

Exactly. The draft is a crapshoot. With TR we know what we get.

Lots of iffsssss

Wonder if they'll give us Joe Haden too. I think he's a pretty good CB. Or even give us a pass rusher or hey, Joe Thomas or one of their other good lineman :D