Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• First of all I don't think any of those names will even hit the market. They will either get extended or franchise tagged. Second, I've learned with Ballard that he has a price and he won't go over even for the players he really likes. He's repeatedly refused to enter into bidding wars in free agency and I don't really see that changing now. IMO he will target undervalued players like Autry/Ebron/etc. At this point I've been disillusioned with the idea that we are going to go hard after the premier free agents if it means having to outbid numerous other teams. It's just not going to happen. 
    • If you give Brissett the same amount of passing attempts that Luck had thru 7 games last year, his numbers are actually superior.
    • Officially?  Bill Belichick is doing it himself.   Unofficially?  I have no proof of this but I strongly suspect Steven Belichick, Bill's son and the current Patriots safeties coach, is stepping up and making at least some of the decisions.   The younger Belichick has been coaching the Patriots secondary for about  5-6 years now and he has 3 Superbowl rings.  He's about due for increased responsibilities anyway.  I'm honestly really surprised someone hasn't tried to hire the younger Belichick away with promise of more responsibility elsewhere   So yeah, Bill is taking the public exposure, but I strongly suspect that Steve is doing a lot of the real work.
    • Hard to say still way early yet.
    • Every situation is different.  Other top drafted QBs include Mahomes, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Deshaun Watson, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson.  You're only looking at the busts, but that doesn't mean every top QB is a bust.  Many different reasons:   Mayfield - bad coaching, no protection Mariota - overrated coming out of college, bad coaching Winston - simply not that good, turnover machine Darnold - was actually playing well toward the end of last year, but the current roster and coaching staff are horrible Rosen - I think he has some talent (not franchise QB level by any means), but he's been stuck in two awful situations with tanking teams Trubisky - overrated coming out of college, not that good   One interesting thing to note is that all the good QBs I mentioned have very good coaches with them, while a lot of the bad QBs you listed have bad coaches, so perhaps that's a big factor.
  • Members

• lester

lester 111

• Franklin County

Franklin County 467

• stitches

stitches 5,689

• mirobi48

mirobi48 23

• aaron11

aaron11 2,263

• C0lts088