Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aikman Efficiency Ratings as of Week 2 - Colts are #12

BlueShoe

For what it is worth, the Colts are 12th on Aikman's Efficiency Ratings.

The Dolphins are ranked 4th and San Fran is 28.

Yep that is right - 28.

The 49ers scored all of 3 points last week, but half of the board is too scared to even make the flight. Jim Irsay, if you are listening, cancel the game, because more of the 49ers fans than Colts fans believe. The media has them convinced that we can't win. 

I am not sure why so many of you on here have such a fascination with this 1-1 San Fran team. They don't scare me.  

We are going to be in this game, and I would not be surprised if we have our way with them. 

http://aikman.com/AikmanEfficiencyRatings/tabid/274/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/46/Aikman-Efficiency-Ratings-2013-as-of-Week-2.aspx

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 17, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, September 17, 2013 - inflammatory

For what it is worth, the Colts are 12th on Aikman's Efficiency Ratings.

The Dolphins are ranked 4th and San Fran is 28.

Yep that is right - 28.

The 49ers scored all of 3 points last week, but half of the board is too scared to even make the flight. Jim Irsay, if you are listening, cancel the game, because more of the 49ers fans than Colts fans believe. The media has them convinced that we can't win. 

I am not sure why so many of you on here have such a fascination with this 1-1 San Fran team. They don't scare me.  

We are going to be in this game, and I would not be surprised if we have our way with them. 

http://aikman.com/AikmanEfficiencyRatings/tabid/274/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/46/Aikman-Efficiency-Ratings-2013-as-of-Week-2.aspx

Or another way to look at is total offense and the Colts are 20th there.

Yep, being realistic and recognizing talent on a very good team when you see it means you lack the right amount of fanhood. You shouldn't be allowed to root for your team unless you believe they will win every single game against every single team.

/s

Yep, being realistic and recognizing talent on a very good team when you see it means you lack the right amount of fanhood. You shouldn't be allowed to root for your team unless you believe they will win every single game against every single team.

/s

You are anything but realistic. 

We are facing a team with the same record, and we have the better all around statistics. 

And you give them a pass for only scoring 3 points against Seattle, picking up 12 first downs, gaining a total of 207 yards, throwing 3 picks, fumbling twice, and embarrassing them selves on Sunday Night Football. Somehow you are scared of them.

I like the optimism, and somewhere I see the points, when it's looked at objectively and through stats, that we should be able to beat them.

I just hope Seattle found a recipe against Niners we too can make use of.

But I doubt it. We shouldn't win this match up. Like we shouldn't have beat Green Bay last year. So who knows...

We are facing a team with the same record, and we have the better all around statistics. 

And you give them a pass for only scoring 3 points against Seattle, picking up 12 first downs, gaining a total of 207 yards, throwing 3 picks, fumbling twice, and embarrassing them selves on Sunday Night Football. Somehow you are scared of them.

I would love to agree with you. But the 49er's will be a angry team against us and it will be fatal. 

I like the optimism, and somewhere I see the points, when it's looked at objectively and through stats, that we should be able to beat them.

But I doubt it. We shouldn't win this match up. Like we shouldn't have beat Green Bay last year. So who knows...

I agree for the most part. 

I'm not scared of the 49ers. I don't have to play them. And the media isn't hyping them up for nothing. They are getting the respect for a reason, and it's not because ESPN loves Kaepernick's tattoos. The Broncos lost to the Texans and Patriots, superior if not at least as good as teams, last year and then went undefeated the rest of the season. For like 10 or so games straight.

But you're right, I'm the one being unrealistic.

Any. Given. Sunday.

The team who plays the best ball (provided the breaks /refs calls and key injuries don't come into play) will win. It has got absolutely nothing to do with any of the other garbage trotted out here and on other threads.

The Niners are favourites, and rightly so, but that means diddly squat come Sunday.

Seattle did show the blue print, but they have the personnel on defense to execute. We do not. Can we beat San Fran? Sure. But I have a feeling that Harbaugh will have his guys ready to blow us out of the water.

I'm not scared of the 49ers. I don't have to play them. And the media isn't hyping them up for nothing. They are getting the respect for a reason, and it's not because ESPN loves Kaepernick's tattoos. The Broncos lost to the Texans and Patriots, superior if not at least as good as teams, last year and then went undefeated the rest of the season. For like 10 or so games straight.

But you're right, I'm the one being unrealistic.

You are not making any sense. You are making excuses for losing a game that has not even been played yet.

Did you really just say that we should not have beaten Green Bay? Wow!

You are not making any sense. You are making excuses for losing a game that has not even been played yet.

If you can't see my point then I might suggest glasses. Or the taking off of the ones you are apparently wearing. My comparison with the Broncos has everything to do with the Seahawks and 49ers. I'll let you connect the dots, instead of assuming I'm making excuses.

You do not understand home field advantage do you? Especially in Q-field. The 49ers are still the second best team in the league.

Their offense may have had a terrible week, but our defense isn't any better. And our offense doesn't compare to their defense.

You are right. I have been watching football for 30 years, but Have no idea what home field advantage is.

I have been watching long enough to know that these types of games are won on the field and not in a conversation.

If you can't see my point then I might suggest glasses. Or the taking off of the ones you are apparently wearing. My comparison with the Broncos has everything to do with the Seahawks and 49ers. I'll let you connect the dots, instead of assuming I'm making excuses.

Your logic is flawed. Just like your fanhood. It's pathetic.

Your logic is flawed. Just like your fanhood. It's pathetic.

So you're using my scolding comment, that I used against you yesterday, against me now? And my fanhood doesn't have anything to do with anyone expecting one of the top three teams in the NFL going out and doing what people have known they could do for years now. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, unfortunately.

I would beg to differ if Pep would put his optimal personnel on the field.

Conrad B of 1070 brought up a very interesting stat today on air, the "mighty" SF D has given up 29 or more in 5 of the last 8 or 9 games.       They are not INVINCIBLE. 

The SF game is going to boil down to can Indy stop Kap from running all over us.

Indy can win this...

You do not understand home field advantage do you? Especially in Q-field. The 49ers are still the second best team in the league.

Their offense may have had a terrible week, but our defense isn't any better. And our offense doesn't compare to their defense.

So you're using my scolding comment, that I used against you yesterday, against me now? And my fanhood doesn't have anything to do with anyone expecting one of the top three teams in the NFL going out and doing what people have known they could do for years now. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, unfortunately.

This has nothing to do with the Colts winning the Super Bowl this year or beating a team that is considered by others in the media as a top 3 team.

You said it is okay for Denver to lose early and get strong late. You say it is okay for the 49ers to lose to the Seahawks in embarrassing fashion. But it's not okay for the Colts to lose a close game to Miami?

You have too many preconceived notions about this season, yet it is only week 3. Thus season Will have many twist and turns. For all you or anyone else knows the Colts could be the team that wins 14 straight and wins the Super Bowl this year. We don't know until that day is here.

As a fan, which is short for fanatic, I choose to believe it could be my team that makes history. Sure we all know that realistically there are 31 other teams, but we are Colts fans.

Well some of us are Colts fans. Others are NFL fans that just happen to like the Colts. Don't worry explaining which one you are. I already know.

This has nothing to do with the Colts winning the Super Bowl this year or beating a team that is considered by others in the media as a top 3 team.

You said it is okay for Denver to lose early and get strong late. You say it is okay for the 49ers to lose to the Seahawks in embarrassing fashion. But it's not okay for the Colts to lose a close game to Miami?

You have too many preconceived notions about this season, yet it is only week 3. Thus season Will have many twist and turns. For all you or anyone else knows the Colts could be the team that wins 14 straight and wins the Super Bowl this year. We don't know until that day is here.

As a fan, which is short for fanatic, I choose to believe it could be my team that makes history. Sure we all know that realistically there are 31 other teams, but we are Colts fans.

Well some of us are Colts fans. Others are NFL fans that just happen to like the Colts. Don't worry explaining which one you are. I already know.

I didn't say this was about the Colts winning the Super Bowl. Nor did I say that it isn't okay for them to lose to Miami. You talk of preconceived notions....you seem to have one about the media playing favorites with the 49ers. It's not just the media that believes they are a top three team. Anyone can see that. My point with the Broncos is this....just because a good team loses to a better team doesn't mean they should be discounted and counted against, no matter how many sacks or interceptions they have or don't have. You seem to be twisting the stats to fit your argument and it just doesn't make sense. You are right, we don't know if the Colts are the team to win 14 straight from now on. Is it possible? Yeah, sure. Is it likely? Well, like you said, fanatics will think so, and props to them for it.

And who said I like the Colts? :heh:

I was gonna say, Quiz is one of those obnoxious, loud and proud Texan fans, but we've come to put up with him (no affection, can't show it, gotta stay tough, screw the texans!)

No grape bunch is good enough without at least one sour grape! Those are usually the ones that taste best. :)

What I hear is a bunch of fans who are making excuses for losing a game that has not even been played yet.

It's pathetic.

Our fanbase is softer then our o line/secondary at times.

And it's sad because if we lose then so many will joyfully post negative garbage all week and then the trolls will come out in full force to remind us that Denver won/Irsay is crazy or that we are delusional.

And if we win then well most will say it was a fluke and we got lucky.

I think some are in withdrawal since they can't bash Fleener all week.

You are right. I have been watching football for 30 years, but Have no idea what home field advantage is.

I have been watching long enough to know that these types of games are won on the field and not in a conversation.

Well it seems you don't. You keep saying SF only put up 3 points in Sunday's game. Last year they got blown out in SEA too, but come SB time San Fran was the best team in the NFC.

This current Seahawks team has yet to lose at home. Q-Field is brutal, and just set the record for loudest game ever. 

I'm not saying we're dead fish in a barrel. Just you are underestimating SF way too much because of last Sunday.

Edited by Superman

I didn't follow anyone until the Texans came along. So I guess you could call me a first generation fan lol.

First generation Indianapolis Colts fan here too. I was 9 when the Colts moved here. :)

It was a rough beginning for the Texans franchise, and it did not help having Peyton in the same division.

Our fanbase is softer then our o line/secondary at times.

And it's sad because if we lose then so many will joyfully post negative garbage all week and then the trolls will come out in full force to remind us that Denver won/Irsay is crazy or that we are delusional.

And if we win then well most will say it was a fluke and we got lucky.

I think some are in withdrawal since they can't bash Fleener all week.

Definitely, even if it's an epic game and the Colts lose a nail biter people will be like BLAH, BLAH, Pagano, BLAH, PeP, BLAH, Andrew Luck needs to get better @ such and such, our D took a dump, the sky is falling, grass is green, tank for Jadeveon, I pooped my pants and so fourth.