Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is This The Worst Colts Team Ever In The Indy Era?

PreManningColtsFan

The 1-15 in 1991 team not only lost but the got blown out of most games they played. At least this team keeps it close.

Very true. However, if this team continues to pile up injuries, we may challenge that year. Keep in mind we still have to play at Baltimore, New England and New Orleans. We have Houston and Carolina at home. All 5 of those games could get very ugly. I don't put it on Painter either. I think he will continue to improve. Tough to do much with the current state of our offensive line. The defense is my single biggest disappointment. Their consistent poor performance is simply unforgivable. When we play the Pats / Saints, I don't care if it's 3rd and 25, they will convert the first down.

^^^ Jim caldwell, ^^^ Larry Coyer, ^^^ Jacob Lacey, ^^^ Jim Irsay, ^^^ Dallas Clark, ^^^ Jerry Hughes, ^^^ this f-bombing season and all the f-bombing injuries and the f-bombing tampa 2. They can all take equal ownership for letting go of a 17-0 f-bombing lead at home against the f-bombing chiefs. Todays game was f-bombing pathetic.

I still love my Colts. I will watch every week, without fail. Always have, always will. But I give up on 2011.

To sum up the way I felt at the end of todays horror show, I'd like to quote one of my favorite movies;

"Well thats great. This is f-bombing great man. Now what the ^^^ are we supposed to do? This is some real pretty :censored: man. Thats it man, game over man, game over. What the ^^^ are we gonna do now? Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple a songs, why don't we try that?

Bill Paxton~ Aliens

Edited by ruksak

Really? We are 0-5 because of Caldwell? Explain how having a different coach would have changed the outcome of the last 5 games? Would our defense have stopped the Browns or the Bucs or the Chiefs today had a different head coach been on the sidelines? This teams problems extend far beyond the HC. I have to give Caldwell credit. We have been in every game, albeit the first week, and the team is giving their best effort. If anything is Caldwell's fault and he truly is the one who decides who will start and who won't, then he is to blame for bringing in Collins and not starting Painter in the first week. Beyond that, this team is winless with any other coach.

I don't care how bad a team is, a halfway decent coach could at least will one win out of 5 games. Do you think we would have been 0-5 with Dungy coaching this Manningless team?

Look at it this way.....

The off season is a lot longer than than scheduled season and it'll be the most interesting we've had in years. Exactly like me in the baseball world since the team I follow closest hasn't fielded a winner since 1996, and exactly like how things are for a couple of life long Dolphins fans I know.

Yes I did. My first thought was just like you said, and then I tried to be reasonable. I don't think it's anything our coaches don't realize. The issue is personnel as much as scheme. We are so top heavy with salary that we continue to plug in players that are undrafted and aren't very talented. Since they aren't very talented, we have to be conservative in our defensive play calling and "keep everything in front of us". Well clearly, everything was in front of us for the Tampa game. 6 and 7 yards at a time. Puke.

Okay then whose fault is it that we are in this situation? We drafted and paid players based on the assumption that Manning will play forever and never miss a game. Whose fault is that? Who in their right minds runs a team like that?

I don't care how bad a team is, a halfway decent coach could at least will one win out of 5 games. Do you think we would have been 0-5 with Dungy coaching this Manningless team?

The same issues existed when Dungy was here. What we have today is 3 busted drafts in the last 4 years, a top heavy salary scale (Manning highest paid QB in the NFL, Freeney highest paid DE in the NFL, Clark highest paid TE in the NFL) and trying to fill the bulk of the roster with undrafted / unproven free agents. Dungy, nor any other coach could fix what was inevitable. Peyton being out the season only accerated the discovery.

I realize we've had a lot of really bad teams and this season is only nearly a third over, but what teams were worse? Again, I realize the season's not over, but this team collectively just simply isn't good.

Here's a list of really bad Indy era teams:

1) '91 Colts..........tough to beat this Jeff George squad who finished 1-15. Team finished 28th on offense and 26 on defense in points.

2) '86 Colts..........3-13. Good 'ol Jack Tredua and Billy Brooks........team finished 27th in offense and 25 on defense in points.

3) '93 Colts..............4-14. Jeff George. I won't elaborate any further.

4) "97 and '98 Colts...........team had a young Manning and Marshall Faulk but finished 3-13 in both seasons.

Feel free to weigh in.......Bring back the "Lord help our Colts" song on q-95.

I guess I vote for your '93 Colts since they managed to go 4-14 when there are only 16 games. Wow that's amazing!

But the team that fired Ron Meyer and let Rick Venturi finish out the season was just a gawd aWWWFOOL team...'91 I think.

Isn't it the HCs job to motivate his players, adjust the gameplan to the situation at hand on the field? Caldwell does none of those things. I feel like throwing something heavy at my tv everytime I see Caldwells "deer in the headlight-look". I don't question his personality, but I question his ability, or lack thereof to motivate and COACH this team.

^ This. Caldwell is just a bad coach pure and simple. We should have won the Chief's game but his inability to adapt and adjust on the fly makes him incompetent. The whole coaching staff needs to go after this year especially the DC.

I guess I vote for your '93 Colts since they managed to go 4-14 when there are only 16 games. Wow that's amazing!

But the team that fired Ron Meyer and let Rick Venturi finish out the season was just a gawd aWWWFOOL team...'91 I think.

LOL.............I actually proofread that post prior to sending and didn't even see the 4-14 snafoo. Funny.

This Colts team have a lot of rookies in the secondary,but I think with a better coaching staff they could do better.Starting with the head coach they are totally lost.The last games show that the problem is bigger than playing without Manning.These coaches look like they are confused and only can coach a half of a game.The last half of the game they done use all their plays.The Chiefs run the same plays over and over.As long as a play was working,they kept running it.Well our coaches ain't smart like that,If a play working run the play until they prove they could stop it.This team ain't that bad.What we need is a Head coach who will coach the game,Defensive Coordinator who serious and a Offensive Coordinator who have more plays.These coaches don't know how to make adjustments.This team may go down as one of our worse team,but trust me its the coaching.Bad coaching.The biggest problem is the Colts owner thinks its because Manning is out.So we may have to go through this again next year.I say to the Colts head office please hire one Coach who know the game man.PLEASE

Caldwell does not know what he is doing.Why would you bring an old man like Collins in when you have a young man in Painter for three years.Painter should of been given the first chance to get the job done.Caldwell must go.Give the job to someone who at lease will look like they are trying to win.This man is confused.

I realize we've had a lot of really bad teams and this season is only nearly a third over, but what teams were worse? Again, I realize the season's not over, but this team collectively just simply isn't good.

Here's a list of really bad Indy era teams:

1) '91 Colts..........tough to beat this Jeff George squad who finished 1-15. Team finished 28th on offense and 26 on defense in points.

2) '86 Colts..........3-13. Good 'ol Jack Tredua and Billy Brooks........team finished 27th in offense and 25 on defense in points.

3) '93 Colts..............4-14. Jeff George. I won't elaborate any further.

4) "97 and '98 Colts...........team had a young Manning and Marshall Faulk but finished 3-13 in both seasons.

Feel free to weigh in.......Bring back the "Lord help our Colts" song on q-95.

The 91 Colts were by FAR the worst football team ..... probably ever, even tho they won a game.

Lets face it, Indy was due for year like this. The success has been unprecedented.