Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To much talent....

SIXTHOBJECT

We have way to much talent to play this conservative. We really need to push and try to control the pace.

I found it difficult to even get into this game.

Defence way to soft. Looks way to high school no big hits no tenasity about them other then landry

Offence way to slow and conservative. I would rather andrew through 4 ints and win then this garbage...

Get after emm Irsay!!!

Maybe we don't have as much talent as we think. DL is solid right now but not dominant. LBs are solid but not outstanding. DBs are talented but seem confused on some plays making the defense inconsistent. OL is 2 starters from allowing the offense to become great. I feel we are a playoff caliber team but still a few dominant players from SB contenders.

We need to run more no huddle and more 4 and 5 WR sets. I don't think we should run the 1WR formation ever again it's not effective. Even if were up 10 or more don't stop attacking keep throwing the ball, we can still run at times but were at our best when we throw it 40x a game.

Offensively we are fine moving the ball, We are averaging only 1.7 yards a game on offensive less then last year, Are top 10 in passes completed for 20 yards, averaging more yards per completion then last year (7.6 to last years 7.2)top 3 in 40 yard pass completions, Our defense has only ran 129 plays through three games  which is good for 14th in the league. Ready for the flip side of that? As I said we are 14th in the league in defensiive plays ran....BUT we are giving up 6.0 yards per play... 23rd in the league . We have forced 27 3rd down attempts (16th)....Not bad BUT we are 25th in first downs given up. we are not getting off the field, we are giving up 48 percent on 3rd down attempts. we got 6 sacks through 2  games...Good  but we have given up 4.5 yards per carry, In the Red Zone we also have to get better(Although much of that is from Pryor going all backyard football on us).

Offensively we are fine moving the ball, We are averaging only 1.7 yards a game on offensive less then last year, Are top 10 in passes completed for 20 yards, averaging more yards per completion then last year (7.6 to last years 7.2)top 3 in 40 yard pass completions, Our defense has only ran 129 plays through three games  which is good for 14th in the league. Ready for the flip side of that? As I said we are 14th in the league in defensiive plays ran....BUT we are giving up 6.0 yards per play... 23rd in the league . We have forced 27 3rd down attempts (16th)....Not bad BUT we are 25th in first downs given up. we are not getting off the field, we are giving up 48 percent on 3rd down attempts. we got 6 sacks through 2  games...Good  but we have given up 4.5 yards per carry, In the Red Zone we also have to get better(Although much of that is from Pryor going all backyard football on us).

My only problem with the offense is that we seem to run the ball on almost every first down, too predictable. I want to see more slants, or screens to give us better down and distances like 2 and 5,  then it'll open up our running game. There were too many times against the Dolphins where we were 2 and 8, 3rd and 9+ that needs to change and most of it is due to the conservative first down runs.

My only problem with the offense is that we seem to run the ball on almost every first down, too predictable. I want to see more slants, or screens to give us better down and distances like 2 and 5,  then it'll open up our running game. There were too many times against the Dolphins where we were 2 and 8, 3rd and 9+ that needs to change and most of it is due to the conservative first down runs.

Sometimes we do lack in creativity on formations I get that, We saw TE's out wide on Linebackers sometimes in the pre season, We are very producive on offense however, we have to put it in the end zone more though , I dont think thats really a lack of creativity. I think thats just a lack of Luck hitting his targets down their or not seeing some altogether down their (Hilton was missed on the 1st drive underneath down inside the 20 on a 3rd and 8 in favor of a covered Wayne vs Miami)

You may be right. But I think its more on the coaching staff.

But if you are right I would be furious if I were irsay and somebody spent 140 million on a bunch of backup players. Especially when there were a ton of big names on the board.

aquote name="atapcl" post="563967" timestamp="1379389501"]

Maybe we don't have as much talent as we think. DL is solid right now but not dominant. LBs are solid but not outstanding. DBs are talented but seem confused on some plays making the defense inconsistent. OL is 2 starters from allowing the offense to become great. I feel we are a playoff caliber team but still a few dominant players from SB contenders.

You may be right. But I think its more on the coaching staff.

But if you are right I would be furious if I were irsay and somebody spent 140 million on a bunch of backup players. Especially when there were a ton of big names on the board.

aquote name="atapcl" post="563967" timestamp="1379389501"]