Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

defense is

conklincolt

Defense is pretty good compared to what we had in the past I think they did their job not 100 percent but decent. I think this game comes down to mr stafford Pep ham and the referees calling nonsense on us but I have a feeling luck will pull through in the end like always.

Defense is a lot better this year than last. We have new guys so consistency is HUGE and we aren't playing good ball throughout the WHOLE game for both sides of the ball - defense and offense. It's like we play great for 1 quarter, MAYBE 2 quarters. Then we get tired and have to pull a comeback win out of our butts.

defense is... inconsistent! They had a very bad start, allowed two very easy TD for the Dolphins but then played pretty good in my eyes, some pressure on Tannehill, forced a turnover. The main problem in my eyes is that Offense and Defense can't get on the same page for a whole game. It's either Offense starts well and Defense slow or vice versa. Both sides have a good and a bad half but to win in the NFL especially against the good teams you have to play two good halfes on both sides of the ball. And thats what we are missing right now. It's not like we are playing like crap we are just to inconsistent and we make to many small mistakes. 

Inconsistent. Some drives they looked great. Some they looked lost.

Yeah that's what it boils down too, they technically played solid for 3 quarters. We just need them to play solid for 4 lol. After the first q they got in gear and started to make some plays. They only scored 7 pts in the second half. The only problem was we had a meger 3 pts in the second half going up against a Dolphins D that IMO didn't even play that well.

They were slow out of the gate no question.  Settled down for the second quarter and right out of the locker room.  Really they did okay in the second half they just need to do a better job of coming up with ways to get the other team off the field.  They could use another play maker on defense. 

Number 41,23,and 28 questionable.  We spend too much $$ on offense and not enough on DEFENSE.  To much arm tackling in secondary and not physically hit with a hard blow like # 30.

We spent almost all the free agent money this off-season on defense plus our first round pick on defense and traded our second round pick in this years draft for a defensive player.  Add in Redding last year and we spent A LOT of money on defense since Pagano and Grigson came in. 

The defense is pretty much the same as it's always been.  They give up a lot of yards and can't seem to get off the field when we really need them too.  They have a couple of good stops here and there but give up some big plays here and there also.  They need the offense to score a lot of points and this offense just isn't ready to do that right now.  They also need special teams to play well and special teams didn't play very well today.  Miami brought out every kickoff to the 30 and that put more pressure on the defense.  The defense really needs a DPOY on it. 

I guess you are right. Just frustrated maybe we did not get the right ones. #92 is very good but needs more time, I think we should have kept #49 because he would have been helpful later in year for pass rushing. The one we trade for is got hurt early and no use out of him.

Inconsistent. Still not sold on the FA's brought in on that side of the ball because most weren't even starters on their previous teams. Yes they got bigger on the d-line and supposedly stronger at the point of attack but I'm not seeing DIFFERENCE MAKERS. Same with the lb's brought in to fit the "aggresive" 3-4 scheme but where are the playmakers? MAYBE Toler a defensive back. Only Landry seems to have that inflict pain mentality on that side of the ball. No team fears this defense right now. I point out the Dolphins only had 20 yds rushing last week and ran when they wanted to today while also passing for over 300yds. The subpar Raiders struggled at HOME in the 1st half today against the Jags (worst team in the nfl?) yet gave us fits and probably should've the game if not for the red zone ints. The knock on Mac as the dc in San Diego was that he wasn't aggressive enough and his defense was too vanilla at times. I don't know if Chuck needs to be more active with the defense especially with the work in progress known as the offense but I dread to think what will happen when the Colts play the good teams. Houston we have a problem.....