Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mikel Leshoure to Colts?

Anything more than a future "compensation pick" for Mikell would be bad. 

Leshoure has more value to the Lions as an insurance policy to Bush/Bell health than as trade bait. His contract is small. They have no pressure to move him for peanuts. Deals for low round draft choices probably won't get a second look.  And compensatory pick must be used, not traded.

Was just gonna post that! lol

I'd love it but question is what would we give up? 

Yeah thats the question , article notes if colts can give up something worthwhile,, Worthwhile to Lions may be unneeded by us, who knows , thats a relative term

On that last play, where Brown whiffed, we should have had Bradshaw, or at least Havili in...Brown ran the ball decently in the game, but in an obvious passing situation, he's not the back I would want in there protecting Luck...This just shows how bad Ballard is going to be missed..

We should have signed Vontae Leach when he was available...just for blocking purposes..and he can catch a short pass here and there, but I guarantee, no way Freeman gets by Leach on that last missed block by Brown...and he opens holes WAY better than Havili..since PEP is set on a "power" running game, why not get one of, if not the best FB in the league, and we could have gotten him....

Hindsight is 20/20 though...

Just my 2 cents..

The O-Line really needs help..I'm seeing little if any improvement there, esp now that Thomas is out...Cherilious was a slight upgrade.. but they need help BAD!

Back to the topic...NO on Leshoure or any RB, unless we have another injury to the backs..

Every Year Leach is always good in variable ways, many talents out of a backfield, nit just a blocker

I agree he should of been obtained

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I have harped on this for awhile, but I believe Ojulari is one of the best 2 pass rushers in this draft, along with Jaelan Phllips. Phillips however has medical concerns, which may scare Ballard off.   Ojulari on the other hand, has explosive ability and long arms which Ballard loves, has improved each year at Georgia, and I believe he could play as both an OLB in a 3-4 and as a DE in a 4-3.    https://www.nflanalysis.net/colts-will-strongly-consider-azeez-ojulari-at-no-21-in-nfl-draft/  
    • I don't know where there are 'big ole fat holes' in the roster.    Yes, losing AC stinks, but Ballard has gotten a few serviceable players in FA who will at least provide solid depth, if not be able to step in a be decent starters.  This draft is pretty deep at OT and my guess is we'll see one added there (plus, I won't be shocked if Ballard and Co. are fairly high on Pinter and O'Donnell as developing players along with Tevi and Davenport from FA).  A whole here, but Ballard's already addressed it to some extent and we have a long way to go before preseason even starts.   Our edge position on the DL is a bit concerning, but I think Isaac Rochell reminds me a bit of Autry when we signed Autry.  Houston is still out there and it sounds like Ballard was talking to him just a week or so ago - my guess is Ballard gave him a range (price and length) of contract where the Colts will play within and after talking to a few other teams Houston will come back and negotiate with us to stick around on a 1-2 year deal (or he'll find a team that overpays him and walk).  Again, this draft seems pretty strong on rush ends, and my guess is Ballard is not done attacking this position.  That said, my biggest concern here is health - if healthy, I think Lewis, Turay, Rochell, and Muhammad are serviceable DEs (not great) and we're not terrible there - with the addition of Houston, that's a fairly solid unit - if Banogu somehow really emerges that's a huge plus and if we get Houston back and bring in a guy via draft, we're probably fine at that spot so long as Turay and Lewis can stay healthy.   Our TE group is not great, but with Doyle and MAC we have a fairly solid 1-2 group here.  I'd really like to see us add an explosive playmaker (MAC showed flashes last year as did Burton if we bring him back, and I think Doyle's a solid all-around TE, though not the explosive guy I want).  Not many very good TEs left in FA (could get a decent guy like Jordan Reed or Tyler Eifert on a short contract) and after Pitts, I don't see many who I'm sold on as receiving threats in the draft... either way, our TE play was OK last year and if we go into the season with Doyle, MAC, Farrod Green and others on our current roster, I don't see it as a 'big ole fat hole.'   Our WR group, with the resigning of TY should be solid.... Pittman, if he continues to develop, along with TY and Pascal are a formidable top 3 -- if Campbell is healthy and we get solid development from our 5-6 guys (assuming we don't draft or sign any other WRs), I think we're solid going into the season with Pittman, TY, Pascal, Campbell, Patmon and Dulin/Harris.  If Campbell stays healthy and Patmon emerges, that could be an elite group compared to rest of the league.  I won't be shocked if we go after another playmaker in the draft, but this unit isn't a 'big ole fat hole.'   With Wentz and Eason at QB, we should be solid.  My guess is we'll bring in a guy like Hoyer or some other cheaper vet as a 3rd QB... my main concern is Wentz staying healthy, but I think if he does, he'll bounce back fine with a change of scenery and a reunion with Reich.     LBs we should be fine - wouldn't mind adding a bit more competition, but I'm not seeing that as a hole.     DBs, we had solid play from Willis and for the most part Blackmon at S, so we should be OK there - at least no worse than last year and I won't be shocked if we add another player or if Marvell Tell helps at S.  We have Rhodes back at DB, and Kenny Moore II returning in the slot.  I am not very worried about Ya-Sin (I see why other people are, but I don't think last year was as bad as people make it out to be for him and I think he's got the work ethic and mental toughness to continue improving), Tell should help CBs if he doesn't move to S... the loss of Carrie isn't great, but our secondary isn't really a 'big ole hole.'   All in all, I think Ballard has faith in his coaching staff and his younger players that they'll keep developing.  We have a very solid young core.  Like every team (except maybe the Bucs), we have some question marks... but we have a long off-season left ahead of us and I have no doubt that this team will be ready to compete for the AFC South title by the time Ballard gets through the draft and remaining FA.     You don't know (nor does anyone on this board as a fan) if guys like Villenueva, etc. have been 'absolutely' willing to take 1 year deals at this point.  My guess is, they don't want to do that and they're feeling the market out... as we get closer to the draft, it's not like the market is getting better for some of the vets out there.  I don't know that we don't have a league average LT on our roster among Davenport, Tevi, ODonnell and Pinter, TBH - but if Ballard's not comfy with any of them, we can still get a guy like Villenueva or draft one -- this happens to be a very deep OT draft.   At DE, I agree with @Supermanthat Lawson's contract was a bit overpriced for a guy who gets pressure but not sacks.  Muhammad who we got back (for 1/5 of Lawson's annual amount) gets pressure as well, you pay guys at DE >$15+ mil/year when they are able to turn pressures into sacks.  Houston is still out there, and my guess is we bring him back on a 1-2 year deal (likely for no more than Lawson and Houston is a far more productive rush end).  If we do that, our DE position is fine and edge is pretty deep in this year's draft should we address it there.   I don't really think anything Ballard's done is going to prevent him from going BPA with some limitations (e.g., with Wentz and Eason at QB, we're likely not going to take a QB in the first 3 rounds, nor are we likely to draft a C, etc.).  The draft has multiple OT who should be able to come in and start from day 1 within the first few rounds.  The edge group is pretty deep.  The WR is very deep.  
    • Didn't realize you already posted this, but here is my response to this mock draft by Mel...   This draft is more along the lines of where I have these players valued. The only thing that would make this mock better is if Indy were able to trade down to the end of the 1st and still get DE Jaelan Phillips while also adding draft capital. I would only be on board of course if he checks out medically and our front office believes he can have a long career.    Secondly, I have never fully bought that Samuel Cosmi is worth our 21st overall pick. I value him more as a 2nd round OT, so getting him with the 54th overall pick would be my ideal scenario. 
    • Why don't you love Phillips? I think he's great. I absolutely love his tape(and he tested and measured great too... he pretty much has it all... except clean medical record). IMO he's a top 10 player in the draft if you remove the worry about his concussions. 
    • Oh damn... sorry... I posted the same thing...    I absolutely love that mock for the Colts, if Ballard and his medical staff think Phillips will be OK. I don't think you can hope to get much better than this. 
  • Members

• krunk

krunk 4,271

• WentzinRome

WentzinRome 10

• coltsfan77

coltsfan77 29

• MikeCurtis

MikeCurtis 2,333

• Nadine

Nadine 6,628

Administrators