Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson on the hunt again?

coltsfanmilyman

I understand that, but he was already "here."  I have a feeling someone else will be picked up and either put on the ps or directly to the active roster, dependent on the player

If he's not trading for a quality Guard or Center, it really doesn't matter much who's brought in. Running back is probably the most subjective position in the league, unless you have a special back like Peterson or McCoy. Sorry to see Vick go down, but I honestly don't expect much of a dropoff, regardless who plays

The ppl saying Bradshaw is an upgrade over Ballard are still living in 2007.

Bradshaw in his prime, wasnt even a bell cow RB. He was always sharing time and has been hurt for the last 3 years. Bradshaw was a very good RB, but his feet are now made of steel, who knows if he could even do it anymore IF he was even healthy. I would have much rather seen Ballard be an every down RB who could go 20-25 carries this year. He was ready for it. And he had played behind one of the worst OLines ive seen in a long time. Think about Ballard behind a good Colts Oline

Mike Tolbert.

Carolina's not going to get rid of Tolbert, due to Stewart being out at least 6-8 weeks. They picked up Kenjon Barner in the draft, so he's now the #2, with Tolbert getting and goal line carries (though Carolina last week didn't get any)

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Colts blue rather than Carolina Blue, but it just ain't happening.

Jonathan franklin anybody?.

I was big on Franklin coming out of the draft, but from all reports, he wasn't doing much right in GB. He was having trouble pass blocking, and was totally outplayed by Lacy and James Starks..I'll take a pass on him too.

Personally, I would have taken a flyer on Jonathan Dwyer, but the Steelers re-signed him, just as a short yardage,and relief back as a stop-gap til next year.

Some of you are making too big of a deal out of it, Ballard was a tough runner and i wish him the best on his recovery but now we won't be doing too much of the power running game and Luck will be throwing it more to our play makers. We have Bradshaw,a change of pace back in Brown, and a elusive back in Williams. I think will be even better and more explosive on offense without the power running game.

Only problem is that is part of peps offense is a power run game.  I wouldnt hate on bringing in mcgahee.

I'm not sure if you need really top notch backs in this scheme.  At Stanford to me, none of those backs they had were really world beaters.  They mainly had 5 yards and a cloud of dust guys like Stefan Taylor. Obviously Stanford is different from the NFL, but it's possible we may be fine with Bradshaw, Brown, and Williams. I'd like to see another guy added, but I don't for a second think we can't be effective with the group we have. I'm more interested in seeing guys like Satele, and Mcglynn get replaced than I am in what will happen with the new RB spot that just opened.

I wouldn't mind snagging a little guy like Zach Stacy away from the Rams and putting him on the practice squad for extra insurance. He ran in a power running scheme at Vanderbilt and has good size at 224 and is very shifty.  Rams have a number of running backs.  We could keep Williams on the active roster and put Stacy on the practice squad.

Gotta agree with krunk if we do some kind of major deal, I would like to see it with the OL.

but I'm afraid that would cost us a major skilled player or two or draft picks that would be hard to part with!

I'd love to see a solid front five protecting #12, and also until that happens the RB is not going to matter.

The OL is the major deficiency on this team but at what cost is the glory?

Such a tough place for a GM/franchise to be in!

Let's hope Thorton and Holmes develop quickly.

Gotta agree with krunk if we do some kind of major deal, I would like to see it with the OL.

but I'm afraid that would cost us a major skilled player or two or draft picks that would be hard to part with!

I'd love to see a solid front five protecting #12, and also until that happens the RB is not going to matter.

The OL is the major deficiency on this team but at what cost is the glory?

Such a tough place for a GM/franchise to be in!

Let's hope Thorton and Holmes develop quickly.

I agree that we need O Line help, but at what cost you say..

We need another decent RB for depth, Injuries happen and since Ballard is gone. , and both Bradshaw and Brown have had past injury issues before if one of them goes down, we will be down to one vet, a rookie, and a FB...even with a banged up line, that's not much to rely on. I agree with krunk..we need to get another back..if he turns out to be better than Williams, throw Williams back on the practice squad..if not, add the new back to the PS...Even with not such a great O-Line, you still need a threat of a run, or they'll just keep 7-8 back, which will hurt our passing game.

I'm not sure what his status is right now, but I know there was plenty of trade talk about him last year before the trade deadline.

He's the #1 back for the Panthers, and had a pretty good week, despite 1 fumble against Seattle

17 carries 86 yards..and 3 catches for 14 yards..

He seems healthy this year..

Rookie Kenjon Barner is now the #2 with Mike Tolbert at FB, and expected to get the majority of goal like touches.

(I'm following the Carolina backfield closely tis year, as I love Kenjon Barner, and want to see what he can do, and picked up Tolbert as a reserve in Fantasy, in case Williams goes down, or I know I can get 1-2 TD's in a easier Carolina game).

Some of you are making too big of a deal out of it, Ballard was a tough runner and i wish him the best on his recovery but now we won't be doing too much of the power running game and Luck will be throwing it more to our play makers. We have Bradshaw,a change of pace back in Brown, and a elusive back in Williams. I think will be even better and more explosive on offense without the power running game.

Not to be rude but u completely missed the point.

Hmmmm, we need a third RB for the practice squad or 3rd position, and people are suggesting other teams #2 as a possibility. Not likely.

Next, we have other needs than RB and a replacement player for the practice squad could well be another position.

Finally, I enjoy the unique opportunity that is provided with these unexpected challenges. Don't forget that if not for DBrowns inability to stay healthy, we might not really know the worth of Vic Ballard.

Hmmmm, we need a third RB for the practice squad or 3rd position, and people are suggesting other teams #2 as a possibility. Not likely.

Next, we have other needs than RB and a replacement player for the practice squad could well be another position.

Finally, I enjoy the unique opportunity that is provided with these unexpected challenges. Don't forget that if not for DBrowns inability to stay healthy, we might not really know the worth of Vic Ballard.

Just to play devils advocate, I'm sure many will point point out the difference is we already know the worth of Brown/Bradshaw.

What I will say is it will be interesting to see how Brown goes on with a proper lead blocker being used.