Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson on the hunt again?

coltsfanmilyman

Well we have to fill that 8th spot on the practice squad, so someone will be coming in. But I think we're going to see how Brown looks at RB2 before Grigson starts tinkering with the rotation even more.

I'm wondering if DB will have to be RB1 for a few weeks...it seemed like they were not planning on giving Bradshaw the main load yet because of his health.

Some of you are making too big of a deal out of it, Ballard was a tough runner and i wish him the best on his recovery but now we won't be doing too much of the power running game and Luck will be throwing it more to our play makers. We have Bradshaw,a change of pace back in Brown, and a elusive back in Williams. I think will be even better and more explosive on offense without the power running game.

Some of you are making too big of a deal out of it, Ballard was a tough runner and i wish him the best on his recovery but now we won't be doing too much of the power running game and Luck will be throwing it more to our play makers. We have Bradshaw,a change of pace back in Brown, and a elusive back in Williams. I think will be even better and more explosive on offense without the power running game.

This is what I'm hoping happens. I don't think we're holding Andrew back because I think the style we're running is winning football

This just takes more option away from a team equipped to win any kind of game

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, September 14, 2013 - double post
Hidden by Warhorse, September 14, 2013 - double post

This is what I'm hoping happens. I don't think we're holding Andrew back because I think the style we're running is winning football

This just takes more options away from a team equipped to win any kind of game

Ah, I see.  I'm assuming that's what Pagano said during his press conference?  If not then Irsay must have tweeted as much right?  I mean you had to have gotten that information from somewhere

Thing is, Ballard was showing something special, the ability to be an everydown back and really pace our ground game. We know that's not Donald Brown (he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be, but he's not going to carry our run game either ). And Bradshaw still isn't 100%. Ballard missing the rest of this season hurts his development, and it's a negative development for the team. It sucks, no two ways about it.

I do think Ballard is a little overrated lately, but he really impressed me with his pass blocking last week.

Ah, I see.  I'm assuming that's what Pagano said during his press conference?  If not then Irsay must have tweeted as much right?  I mean you had to have gotten that information from somewhere

Everyone has talked about the desire to get Hilton more involved, so it can be inferred that we're going to throw more. They also mentioned the desire to run more than 50-something offensive plays, so that's more balls to go around, theoretically speaking.

Everyone has talked about the desire to get Hilton more involved, so it can be inferred that we're going to throw more. They also mentioned the desire to run more than 50-something offensive plays, so that's more balls to go around, theoretically speaking.

They could also simply try to work him more into the pass plays that they were running, not necessarily cut down on the amount they run the ball.  They need to be more effective in the plays they are running.  Also like you said, they need to have more plays total and that means getting more defensive stops, which hopefully they will this week since they won't be getting caught off guard by Pryor again lol

That'd be dumb to find another RB. He wouldn't be able to make an impact until he learned the offense which who knows how long that could take. Just do what they did already, put K Willy on the 53 and now put your faith in Donald, Bradshaw & K Willy to lead the backfield

Carter is a FA...

Underestimating Ballard I see. We will survive but better NOT!

Thing is, Ballard was showing something special, the ability to be an everydown back and really pace our ground game. We know that's not Donald Brown (he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be, but he's not going to carry our run game either ). And Bradshaw still isn't 100%. Ballard missing the rest of this season hurts his development, and it's a negative development for the team. It sucks, no two ways about it.

I do think Ballard is a little overrated lately, but he really impressed me with his pass blocking last week.

I don't know of overrated, maybe people thinking he is some sort of break away back which he's not. What I like about Ballard he is always going forward never knocked backwards very tough lower center of gravity, good pad level. When you watch him rum he doesn't run by people, but grinds out the positive 3,4,5,6 yard gains & if you look at the body language of the other teams they are at first surprised how tough a runner he is, & how hard he is to take down, as the game progress's the defense is not happy and are tentative to hit him because he runs soooo tough & hard. They tend to shy away for contact because he Ballard still brings it. Thats what I like about him. To bad for the kid.