Ballard Out For Season (merge)

HtownColt

..A couple rb's I'd look at

1.Tim Highttower

2.Willis Mcgahee

3.Beanie Wells

4.  Brandon Jacobs, (San Francisco)

5. Cedric Benson, (Green Bay)

6.Michael Turner, (Atlanta; UFA; released by the Falcons, Turner joins the 2013 free agent RB's list)

Jacobs already a Giant again due to the fumbling issues of David Wilson and the injury to Andre Brown

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big loss for the power running game, Ballard was a tough runner but the good that will come out of this is that Luck will be airing it out more and we won't be conservative.  Bradshaw,Brown, and Williams will be good enough to carry us through the season. I don't think the loss of Ballard will have a negative impact on the season at all because our offensive players are better in a passing system then a power running game.

So let me get this right. You want Luck to basically do what he did last season?  So having a balanced offense is NOT a good idea?  So by taking away our offensive time of possession is a good thing? Giving the them we play more offensive snaps is a good thing? Sorry, I can't buy into that train of thought. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 14, 2013 - religious disagreement
Hidden by Nadine, September 14, 2013 - religious disagreement

My first reaction was 'oh dear'. then it was 'injuries happen', then 'who cares'.....if we were going to lose a starter, then RB was probably the best positions for it to happen. Shame for Vic, he's good, but he'll be back.

And to those praying to the lord etc., really do need to get a sense of perspective. He'll limp for a while and keep accruing dollars. Keep those prayers for something a little more important.

So you mock someone who makes a prayer comment?  Losing your #1 or #2 RB is important no matter what you think.

What? You can have endless amounts? Right, I'm off to pray for 3 new O-Linemen, and great pass rushers, two sold DE's, Vince Wilfork junior, and that Jim Irsay's tweeter account gets a fatal corruption.

Nice of you to have a sarcastic comment for a persons faith. Maybe you could use a little faith instead of a obnoxious attitude? 

We don't need another back off the streets.

It's a next man up kind of thing. They'll bring up Bradshaw to number 1, and Brown can be the number 2 guy. It works out well, surprisingly, and the Colts can bring Kerwynn to the roster and make him the #3 as well as a special teamer (not returner).

I really like Vick, but this isn't an injury that can kill the offense. It hurts a bit, but they can easily recover from this, especially if Bradshaw does well. 

THERE IS NO NEED TO BRING IN A GUY OFF THE STREET.

I agree that Bradshaw and Brown can probably shoulder the load with a little help from KW right now.  The problem is that neither Bradshaw or Brown is the poster child for durability ... we really need to get another back in here ASAP and get them up to speed/learning the playbook, etc .... in case Bradshaw and/or Brown go down. 

I agree that Bradshaw and Brown can probably shoulder the load with a little help from KW right now.  The problem is that neither Bradshaw or Brown is the poster child for durability ... we really need to get another back in here ASAP and get them up to speed/learning the playbook, etc .... in case Bradshaw and/or Brown go down.

You mean like Ballard?

To replace ballard until next season. Ballard was supposed to be the more durable one up until this.

I'm disappointed we've lost Vic for the season, but I was vexed when a bunch of guys were constantly ripping Brown preseason, with one of their taunts being Donald was injury prone (missing c.20% starts) which I suggested wasn't too bad for a RB.

You know the rest....

Nice of you to have a sarcastic comment for a persons faith. Maybe you could use a little faith instead of a obnoxious attitude?

A football forum just seems like an odd place to wear your religion on your sleeve.

A football forum just seems like an odd place to wear your religion on your sleeve.

Odd or not you seem to have an insulting attitude on faith and anyone who has faith. I am not a bible thumper or anything like that but having faith is something you wear everyday and it is not worn like a badge on a sleeve. 

Odd or not you seem to have an insulting attitude on faith and anyone who has faith. I am not a bible thumper or anything like that but having faith is something you wear everyday and it is not worn like a badge on a sleeve. 

You have no idea about anyone's faith, and I find it hilarious that a few throw away lines on a football forum give you such an insight. Not being a religious man myself, I do find your comments and lack of tolerance at odds with your apparent Godly beliefs.

But for forum harmony, no more religious jibes from me. I did not mean to offend, and I apologise to you and anyone else who took offence.

Several posts have been removed from this thread

Reminder

Please avoid political, religious and personal relationship discussions. Keep in mind that this forum is dedicated to the Indianapolis Colts and related issues. In order to avoid argument, if it is not directly related to the Colts, do not discuss political, religious or personal relationship issues.

I am glad the Colts don't depend on you to evaluate talent. 

That is all right. I am just as glad that they don't depend on your ability to evaluate that talent. Donald Brown was close to being cut from the team. If they sign an expensive replacement to Ballard, he may still be and pass protection would be one of the major reasons.

That is all right. I am just as glad that they don't depend on your ability to evaluate that talent. Donald Brown was close to being cut from the team. If they sign an expensive replacement to Ballard, he may still be and pass protection would be one of the major reasons.

Brown was never going to be cut. I don't know where you get your information. If he was going to be cut he would have been traded first like Carter was. Show a link where Brown was going to be cut. Just because you read what some other poster might have said don't make it so. Brown had thrown some real good blocks in his time on the field. He has also caught passes out of the backfield. He has at times ran over defenders. Now quit trolling and bring some debate to this thread instead of narrow minded arguments. 

Brown was never going to be cut. I don't know where you get your information. If he was going to be cut he would have been traded first like Carter was. Show a link where Brown was going to be cut. Just because you read what some other poster might have said don't make it so. Brown had thrown some real good blocks in his time on the field. He has also caught passes out of the backfield. He has at times ran over defenders. Now quit trolling and bring some debate to this thread instead of narrow minded arguments. 

Perhaps you should quit calling people names and making personal attacks. Who do you think in the NFL would have given anything for Donald Brown? Donald Brown is a bust first round draft pick.

Did you even see the link from his 2011 season? Don't be so stubborn for no reason.

Perhaps you should quit calling people names and making personal attacks. Who do you think in the NFL would have given anything for Donald Brown? Donald Brown is a bust first round draft pick.

Have you ever brought anything other than negative comments into these forums? Where is your facts and links that back up your comments?  A troll means someone who makes comments that are not fact based and are made with specific intent on starting trouble. That is not a personal attack. Now if you would like to prove me wrong bring a link up to prove it. These forums are a great place to have a debate, not a one sided argument. 90% of all of the members are respectful and bring a certain amount of knowledge that has a base of truth with thoughtfulness. It is my opinion you fall into the other 10%. Sorry if you feel different but as of right now I am done feeding the troll.

Well, that is certainly wrong. If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore or don't read it. Donald Brown is a bust with no trade value. Pure and simple....

Really?  If Delone Carter and his 133 career carries had trade value then Donald Brown would as well.