Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Melvin Bullitt Turning Into A Bob Sanders?

Andy

Although a healthy Melvin Bullitt is no where near what a healthy Bob Sanders is (playing wise), both players are SS, both have missed two straight seasons due to injury. It's just an observation. What do you guys think? Think he'll follow Bob's path, by getting released?

Unless Lefeged plays really well (which is possiable) I see no reason why he wouldn't get his job back. Caldwell did not look very good the other night.

he would have if he picked that pass off. probably would of scored with the break he had on the play.

he would have if he picked that pass off. probably would of scored with the break he had on the play.

but he didn't. Like they said on the broadcast that's a play good teams make. I am willing to give Caldwell more than one shot but based on what we have seen so far he has shown me nothing to say he's better than Bullitt.

but he didn't. Like they said on the broadcast that's a play good teams make. I am willing to give Caldwell more than one shot but based on what we have seen so far he has shown me nothing to say he's better than Bullitt.

true. personally i would to see joe get a shot.

I think Bullitt is done as a Colt. He was never a superstar SS like Bob was, he was an average player, solid backup, good leader with good character and work ethic and a solid special teamer. It's unfortunate because hard work and good character mean a lot in football, but injuries overrule it all.

Unless Lefeged plays really well (which is possiable) I see no reason why he wouldn't get his job back. Caldwell did not look very good the other night.

Bullit is not gonna get his job back even if Lefeged doesnt play well, the colts would draft a better saftey or get one in FA... they know what they have in bullit and they know its not much... its hard for a player to come back with a shoulder injury much less a Safety and for his size because thats what he uses most of the time.. Melvin bullit is done.

If he stays around as a backup to a guy not yet on the roster, then I think he has at least a small shot at staying, but I dont think he would under those circumstances.

I think he is done as a Colt, and probably in the NFL.

He missed the rest of the season last year, and now has injured the same shoulder he had surgery on that was supposedly ok to go, and is out for the remainder of this season.

I cant see how anyone thinks he will be back and able to play...after the same injury to the same shoulder that already has a metal pin in it.

Im hoping they draft a SS next year....or that one of the guys on the roster now develops quick.

I wouldnt say he is like Sanders. Sanders kept hurting different parts of his body. So far Bullitt is focusing on only one part.

Bullit is not gonna get his job back even if Lefeged doesnt play well, the colts would draft a better saftey or get one in FA... they know what they have in bullit and they know its not much... its hard for a player to come back with a shoulder injury much less a Safety and for his size because thats what he uses most of the time.. Melvin bullit is done.

While you are seeing the future here can I have some lottary numbers or can you tell me who is going to win the Super Bowl over how and the score so I can do something useful with it?

You might not think he is going to get his job back and you could be right but you don't know it like the fact you are presenting it as.

It might be hard but it's not impossable and since he just signed a long term contract I am sure the Colts are going to give him a chance to see if he can.

While you are seeing the future here can I have some lottary numbers or can you tell me who is going to win the Super Bowl over how and the score so I can do something useful with it?

You might not think he is going to get his job back and you could be right but you don't know it like the fact you are presenting it as.

It might be hard but it's not impossable and since he just signed a long term contract I am sure the Colts are going to give him a chance to see if he can.

The guy has a bum shoulder, this is his second yr being injured after a supposal surgery that was suppose to have solved the issue.. yet it has happened again.... He's not gonna be the starter.

The guy has a bum shoulder, this is his second yr being injured after a supposal surgery that was suppose to have solved the issue.. yet it has happened again.... He's not gonna be the starter.

Again, like I said you might be right, I just took issue with you present your opinion like it's indisputable fact. It's not. Lefeged and Caldwell have not looked good and we don't know what the draft is going to bring. Given the Colts history with injuried players they will probably give Bullitt a chance to show if he can still play.

I realize we're struggling at cornerback, but the safety play is also pretty suspect. Jamie Silva is in town and cleared to play. Why wouldn't we sign him immediately? I know, I know, I'm going to get replies regarding his lack of speed. Unfortunately, speed doesn't help when you're in the wrong place on the field! Who saw this guy play safety at Boston College? An absolute beast who's always around the ball! I realize Silva is always talked about for his special teams play, but I think he's a better safety than three of the four safeties on our roster. Come on, Bill, let's get #40 back on the football field!

Dont ever disrespect BOB again he sacrificed for us and he appreciated being drafted! We will have a hard time finding another player like that with his ability!! Pat Angerer is close to his mentality I love how he just fights on every down hes a real football talent!!