Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why not rotate Olinemen in and out

GoodLuck

We don't need to rotate. We need to BENCH McGlynn. That's his rotation. From starter, to bench warmer

The other day Kevin Bowen, from the Colts, tweeted that Pagano had Bradshaw on a pitch count, limiting his plays. 

I asked him if they could put McGlynn on a pitch count, starting with 0.  He chose not to respond.  Wonder why?

The other day Kevin Bowen, from the Colts, tweeted that Pagano had Bradshaw on a pitch count, limiting his plays. 

I asked him if they could put McGlynn on a pitch count, starting with 0.  He chose not to respond.  Wonder why?

Yeah, I've written the Colts mailbag guy several times about how bad McGlynn sucks and I was tired of him sugar coating excuses for him, which if you've ever read through his answers, he's always making excuses for him. He never replies to me and I told him that he wasn't fooling anybody with the excuses he made for McGlynn. Told him to just man up and admit that he sucks and be done with it. He won't respond though...can't cross the company line I guess.

yeah smewhat on Pep but if we execute properly nobody is blaming Pep for anything

Fair enough, although I will say some of the play calling was a bit odd to me. I'm also not used to his offense yet. I like running 26 times, but we have to figure out how to get up around 60 plays if that we are going to run so much. We have AL, not AP as our offensive catalyst. Granted some of it is on the D not getting off the field, but it's also on the lack of adjustments once the Raiders started blitzing. I believe you pointed this out in the thread about the FB usage. 

I say this without having rewatched the game (and won't do so). I will say I was shocked by this article: http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/9/10/4714692/2013-nfl-week-one-inside-the-colts-numbers

I'm a believe in advanced stats helping tell the story of a team, and this makes me eat my initial thoughts during and after the game a bit. Time will tell on all this.

It's not as easy as a madden depth chart, you can't just move a guy from one side to another. Muscle memory, hand placement, footwork are all learned over a period of time. It's actually hard for some to make the switch.

I'd often thought why they hadn't tried the switch given AC seems better as a run blocker. Thank you for giving some insight as to why not.

We don't need to rotate. We need to BENCH McGlynn. That's his rotation. From starter, to bench warmer

lmao Truth!

In regards to the question posed by the OP, I've heard on several occasions that offensive line play has a lot to do with chemistry.  And it makes sense to think about it.  When you know how the guys next to you play, how they will react to different blitzes, stunts, etc., you will be able to adjust how you play to fit that and everything works better.  So if you rotate offensive linemen in and out all the time, you prevent the group from building the chemistry and being able to being a strong unit.  I think our starting lineup should be:

Castonzo...Thomas...Holmes...Thornton...Cherilus

But, of course, the coaches know the players far better than I do.

Yeah, I've written the Colts mailbag guy several times about how bad McGlynn sucks and I was tired of him sugar coating excuses for him, which if you've ever read through his answers, he's always making excuses for him. He never replies to me and I told him that he wasn't fooling anybody with the excuses he made for McGlynn. Told him to just man up and admit that he sucks and be done with it. He won't respond though...can't cross the company line I guess.

At this point, it should at least start to raise an eyebrow that he's still the starter at this point. That's Grigson's boy, i'm telling you. He couldn't start on 31 of the 32 teams in the NFL right now, i'm pretty sure

It's not as easy as a madden depth chart, you can't just move a guy from one side to another. Muscle memory, hand placement, footwork are all learned over a period of time. It's actually hard for some to make the switch.

He can learn. All I know is he's pathetic as a pass blocker. He needs to either be interior line or right tackle. He's not a left tackle, in my opinion

I think the 2 rookies should get playing time and see how they handle it. Can't be worse than the 2 starters.

Yes it can.   It can be dramatically worse than the two starters.   The two kids will get the start when they're ready and not before.  This really isn't that hard to figure out......

OK....

Who are you and what have you don't with my good friend, Balzer?    Did you hack into his account?!

You really expected Craig Kelley to write back that he agreed with you?    Seriously?

Some long-time Colts employee (I think he's been with the team for more than 30 years...)  he should lose his job by publicly agreeing with you?    Because that's what would happen.    And yet, according to you,  you've e-mailed him several times expecting a different response.     Isn't that the very textbook definition of insanity?

As I said....   what have you done with Balzer?!?    We want him back...  now!!

What happened to all the posts about "I trust this Owner, this Coach?"

Don't you think they may know more than us, know what they're doing and playing their best available option?

No no no......people behind a keyboard know so much more than NFL coaches. From the head coach, to the GM, the offensive line coach...and the O coordinator....all seem to miss the obvious.

I kid.

Brilliant, maybe you are the next Chip Kelly?

I never thought I'd be defending GoodLuck on here but he's OP question was of interest me and as where the responses as to why it's a bad idea, and it's not exactly like he's the only one on here calling for Satele and McGlynn to be benched for the rookies so I think that dig was a little unwarranted. 

I think the 2 rookies should get playing time and see how they handle it. Can't be worse than the 2 starters.

I think Thornton should be the starter over Mcglynn 1000 percent.  I'd like for Holmes to be the starter as well, but the center is responsible for quite a bit so I guess Satele could stay there for now until Holmes learns a bit more. But then again A. Q. Shipley did okay in there as a young player.

I never thought I'd be defending GoodLuck on here but he's OP question was of interest me and as where the responses as to why it's a bad idea, and it's not exactly like he's the only one on here calling for Satele and McGlynn to be benched for the rookies so I think that dig was a little unwarranted. 

If the rookies can play fine, put them in. I don't think rotating o-linemen for the sake of keeping them fresh is a wise idea, that's why nobody does it. McGlynn is in or out, same for Satele, lets not re-invent the wheel, that's all im saying.

WHAT? Are you telling me that actually coaching a team in real life is more difficult than it is on Madden? That's a bunch of bull. If I can win 167 consecutive games, so can that bum Pagano. 

If the rookies can play fine, put them in. I don't think rotating o-linemen for the sake of keeping them fresh is a wise idea, that's why nobody does it. McGlynn is in or out, same for Satele, lets not re-invent the wheel, that's all im saying.

Rotation may not be a good idea but give us the reason why rather than just having a dig at the guy when he doesn't deserve it. 

Rotation may not be a good idea but give us the reason why rather than just having a dig at the guy when he doesn't deserve it. 

co·he·sionnoun \kō-ˈhē-zhən\

CloseStyle: MLA APA Chicago

easybib_logo.gif 
Definition of COHESION
:  the act or state of sticking together tightly; especially :  unity <the lack of cohesion in the Party — Times Literary Supplement>
:  union between similar plant parts or organs
:  molecular attraction by which the particles of a body are united throughout the mass

It's not Kevin's place to address that, be fair to the guy.

he a fa  , good pickup ?

By midseason, Veldheer had supplanted Henderson to become the Raiders' full-time starting left tackle.[4] On opening day of the 2011 NFL season, he started at left tackle next to rookie Stefen Wisniewski and the offensive line cleared the way for 190 rushing yards and a victory over the Denver Broncos. In Week 11 of the 2011 NFL season, playing against the Minnesota Vikings he prevented Jared Allen, who had a league-leading total of 13.5 sacks coming into the gam

That's just not a good idea..

You would be toying with a guys mindset and timing if you did this.. Guys would be all out of sync, especially a centers timing with a QB, it's very crucial.

Exactly....you can sub guys in for a series or a couple of series..

..but you cant shuffle offensive linemen all game...they need timing to play together

We need a re-shuffle of the O-line like the Ravens did. Our shuffle simply involves moving McGlynn and letting Thornton play at RG.

To be honest, I would have preferred us to go after Jake Long for LT and moved Castanzo to RT instead of going after Cherilus for RT. But past is prologue. :)