Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Danny Amendola Likely Won't Play Thursday vs. Jets

Fx Stryker

It seems, from afar anyway, that it more or less came down to a silly little war of attrition. I think there were issues between Welker and Belichick that were tempered by the former's consistent production. I don't think Welker is a bad seed, but he's kind of the class clown... the foot comments directed at the Jets... etc, etc. I think that wore thin with Belichick. But if a guy catches 100+ balls a year, you put up with whatever it is for the sake of production.

I think, also, that the Patriots just needed a change, an overhaul. The offense had to evolve a little. That could have happened with Welker on-board and it certainly hasn't looked very good so far. But it's early. 

Did you catch Welker's consecutive drops yesterday? One hit him off the face mask. I won't miss those. ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots will be fine. They'll be able to get into a regular routine now. A Thursday game in week two with so many new players on offence creates issue but they won. The rookies have already gained valuable experience from the mistakes made in the two wins and will progress nicely going forward. Come on people...it's the Patriots and Tom Brady. Lets not kid ourselves.

I think those two rookies will improve.........Brady will work with them and he'll be determined to get them up to speed..

The division is soft (I'm not buying Miami yet)

NE will make the playoffs and, by that time, I think they'll have an effective pass catching core.

It was a high profile early season game in the rain

Did you catch Welker's consecutive drops yesterday? One hit him off the face mask. I won't miss those. ;)

He had a pretty bad night. Combine the drops with the zebras and the game was closer than it should have been for three quarters of football.

Still, Welker had a better week than Amendiola. :hide:

BTW, what is up with that Old Spice commerical where Welker is in the snow globe and flowers are surrounding him? :)

I don't even wanna know. It's just about the most random thing since, well, ever.

Um well you are also comparing pretty much the #1 receiving target for Brady in week 2 vs. Manning's #3 or #4 option vs. the Giants......

The #1, 2, 3, and 4 receiving option since he was the only one catching the football/not invoking Brady's wrath on the bench.