Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins/Eagles

amfootball

Dude....Dandy Andy IS exposed as much as Griffin. Has been since college. Of course, I suppose your bias won't let you see or remember any of that.

And while Manning fans can tear down Brady and vice versa, both teams' fans, except for the Kool-Aid drinkers, recognize that these are two of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. And they do not underestimate either and they certainly don't hope for injuries or joke about them once they've been had. Where in my post did I claim the Texans were perfect? I was merely making an example. We may call out other players but it's not about the ridiculous things that the Griffin haters on here do. Yes, there is bias. But most bias is for a reason. A guy going second overall to a team that is not your rival isn't a very good reason to hate him.

Lol there's is a gulf of distinction between commercial exposure, and media exposure. Most importantly one of those you have a semblance of control over. And I don't give a rip about Griffin being in commercials, but some people do. If you told me a Texans fan hated Luck because his pre draft hype I would completely get it. Because all some people need is a reason.

Again, that's my point. Everyone is biased for whatever their own reasons. It's just always funny when people come to this board and forget what their number 2's smell like lol.

Koolaid drinkers comprise the vast majority of the Internet anyways IMO haha

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From 2008? And that post clearly is meant to give a legitimate reason as to why the poster is annoyed. It's not a common thing on the Texans board and you don't see us tearing other guys down because they like action figures and because they want to play in the preseason instead of sitting out. It's a post meant for recognizing those who annoy you, it is not a commonplace occurrence in every single thread when Andy and Manning come up. Try again.

lmao

I looked for 2 minutes and found people who dislike for whatever reason they feel. Just explore anywhere on the Internet. It doesn't matter when. It's always been a part of the Internet and sports rivalries.

Colts are no less rational than any other fanbase.

lmao

I looked for 2 minutes and found people who dislike for whatever reason they feel. Just explore anywhere on the Internet. It doesn't matter when. It's always been a part of the Internet and sports rivalries.

Colts are no less rational than any other fanbase.

I tend to concentrate on the people I like, and not on those I dislike.   Much healthier that way.  ;)    Just sayin'

Lol there's is a gulf of distinction between commercial exposure, and media exposure. Most importantly one of those you have a semblance of control over. And I don't give a rip about Griffin being in commercials, but some people do. If you told me a Texans fan hated Luck because his pre draft hype I would completely get it. Because all some people need is a reason.

Again, that's my point. Everyone is biased for whatever their own reasons. It's just always funny when people come to this board and forget what their number 2's smell like lol.

Koolaid drinkers comprise the vast majority of the Internet anyways IMO haha

Okay. Then both Griffin and 12 are overhyped. There's no either or anymore, from this point on, and this post on. We can call it an overexposed treaty. lmao

I tend to concentrate on the people I like, and not on those I dislike. Much healthier that way. ;) Just sayin'

As do I, and that's solid advice.

But I've always been amused by the notions that Colts fans have trouble seeing the forest through the trees, more so than anyone else.

The Internet is full of crazy people. That's what makes it so much fun :)

As do I, and that's solid advice.

But I've always been amused by the notions that Colts fans have trouble seeing the forest through the trees, more so than anyone else.

The Internet is full of crazy people. That's what makes it so much fun :)

I don't remember one post where anyone said that Colts fans are different from other fans. The issue which you agree with is the unhealthy bias toward Griffin which every "crazy" fan should expected to be called out on. If you want to interpret that as Colts fans getting unfair treatment go ahead. But other forums do the same thing when biased posters fail to see the forest through the trees. Pretty sure Pack fans or just fans of Rodgers don't let Bears fans get away with undue criticism of Rodgers.

Griffith calling attention to himself isn't just being noticed by the colts forum. Good god, even his biggest fanboy, skip bayless, has acknowledged it. To act like all the attention he receives is all due to standard media practice is delusional.

I'm not sure why people are so offended at the thought that people find Griffith's personality grating. Hell, people can't stand jay cutler and his biggest crime is not having a chin.

I will say, I've never understood why fans of opposing teams feel it is their duty to educate Colts fans on players they should respect, and concede greatness to.

Because there's never been a Pats fan who thought Peyton was overrated, or that the Colts weren't that good. Or a Texans fan who think Luck is all hype, and won't make it.

Naw it's just Colts fans who have biases, the only fanbase in the NFL.......

No. There are tons of people fans of every team that are biased. I see it all over and in tons of sports. TBH its worse if you was to go check on some english football forums (soccer). That said I like to think of myself as the biggest Colt fan on here and yet it doesn't stop me from trying to be objective. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of players that disgust me (wife beaters, murderers, and cheats/thiefs) but even them I acknowledge how talented they are/were. Its like its really painful for some people to see others succeed. I don't get it. I mean I don't want to see it against my Colts so if RGIII plays us I would be rooting for his worst game ever...but I wouldn't feel the need to gloat or cut him down to make me feel better. Something is just kinda sick with that....to me...but whatever..each their own. I'm a positive person and while I can get dismayed by some of our Colt players I still pull for every single one of them.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=5091&highlight=Peyton+manning+commercials

Here ya go Quizzy.

Texan's board thread about players who annoy them. I'm sure all their reasons are rational and valid haha.

Hmm...so your posting a thread that is rediculous in the insults or opinions of a great player to justify your own thread that is full of ragging on another great player over a bad performance and most of the reasons given to tear the guy down are baseless and frivolous... Nice! Its like looking in the mirror.

I guess I don't understand the innate hatred or dislike..just not my style. I look at the positives in that game last night like Mccoy's unbelievable play and how that offense worked in the first half. I look at the twenty some completions RGIII made and how impressive some were and not the few mistakes he made. But if some get satisfaction out of the failures or every mistake that is certainly a different way to look at life I guess.