Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins/Eagles

amfootball

Your comparing an innate intellectual, and individual, skill with a team skill. You can't take Peyton's mind from him, but a running game isn't a guarantee.

RG threw for 2 TDs and more than 300 yards. This idea that he is a lesser QB when he does not run is a myth. If healthy, he is just as dangerous with his arm as his legs just like Kaep.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RG threw for 2 TDs and more than 300 yards. This idea that he is a lesser QB when he does not run is a myth. If healthy, he is just as dangerous with his arm as his legs just like Kaep.

he was fantastic against a defense that stopped bringing pressure. not so much when they,were bringing the heat

he was fantastic against a defense that stopped bringing pressure. not so much when they,were bringing the heat

lol. excuse after excuse. Guess you missed all of last year and his ROY effort. Come on man. The longer this goes, the more you lose any credibility whatsoever. I get you don't like the guy but to not be able to recognize that he is very talented young QB is ridiculous.

lol. excuse after excuse. Guess you missed all of last year and his ROY effort. Come on man. The longer this goes, the more you lose any credibility whatsoever. I get you don't like the guy but to not be able to recognize that he is very talented young QB is ridiculous.

he is a talented runner, not qb

yeah, i care about your opinions.

Sure you don't. That is why my alert has gone off crazy today from you responding to my posts.

RG's numbers speak for themselves in regards to his passing but your refuse to go there. Not sure why. It is like any praise of RG is somehow a slam against Luck. Why?

Man, some of you guys come off as bitter.

I'm not terribly surprised that Griffin started off quite poorly.  What really disappointed me was that Morris didn't do him any favors by losing a handle on the ball twice early in the game and was really less effective on the whole than I would have expected.  That's the guy I was really counting on to keep us steady while Griffin got back into the swing of things but I guess it goes to show you that Griffin and Morris are somewhat codependent on each other to produce.  Also doesn't help that there wasn't any tape on this Eagles squad and our defense is still, unfortunately, a major work in progress that relies too much on Jim Haslett's dubious ability as a defensive playcaller.

Good news was that Griffin looked physically healthy.  He moved well when he had to, he was planting and putting his body into throws WAY better than he was at the end of last season, and his early accuracy problems steadily faded over the course of that game.  I think he'll have a better outing against the Packers for sure.

Your comparing an innate intellectual, and individual, skill with a team skill. You can't take Peyton's mind from him, but a running game isn't a guarantee.

I find this whole side conversation confusing.  What are you guys even arguing about?  You can't take a QBs legs away from him any more than you can take away his mind.  You can limit the effectiveness of those assets by employing different strategies but if you aren't absolutely disciplined then there will come a point where you will tip your hand pre-snap and get burned by the smart QB or lose containment and get burned by the fast QB.  It's almost impossible to just stop guys from doing what they do best and even if you manage to make it extremely difficult to operate in their comfort zone you have to consider the cost of doing so.  The more resources you devote to stopping one aspect of one players game the less you have available to stopping other threats.

Man, some of you guys come off as bitter.

I'm not terribly surprised that Griffin started off quite poorly. What really disappointed me was that Morris didn't do him any favors by losing a handle on the ball twice early in the game and was really less effective on the whole than I would have expected. That's the guy I was really counting on to keep us steady while Griffin got back into the swing of things but I guess it goes to show you that Griffin and Morris are somewhat codependent on each other to produce. Also doesn't help that there wasn't any tape on this Eagles squad and our defense is still, unfortunately, a major work in progress that relies too much on Jim Haslett's dubious ability as a defensive playcaller.

Good news was that Griffin looked physically healthy. He moved well when he had to, he was planting and putting his body into throws WAY better than he was at the end of last season, and his early accuracy problems steadily faded over the course of that game. I think he'll have a better outing against the Packers for sure.

I find this whole side conversation confusing. What are you guys even arguing about? You can't take a QBs legs away from him any more than you can take away his mind. You can limit the effectiveness of those assets by employing different strategies but if you aren't absolutely disciplined then there will come a point where you will tip your hand pre-snap and get burned by the smart QB or lose containment and get burned by the fast QB. It's almost impossible to just stop guys from doing what they do best and even if you manage to make it extremely difficult to operate in their comfort zone you have to consider the cost of doing so. The more resources you devote to stopping one aspect of one players game the less you have available to stopping other threats.

You must be confused.

I'm not arguing about anything. Only offering the idea that a mental attribute isn't apples to apples with a physical one such as running game.

Perhaps you quoted me by mistake when referencing side arguments? Because that's the only post I've made regarding Griffin in any way since the game ended

but he does spew some pretty hilarious gibberish...

in fact I HOPE he gets a job commentating on some media outlet during this season (if he hasn't already), because he will inevitably say some hilarious stuff...

he works for espn..... I'm sure you didn't have a chance to watch last night with your fight with joe giradi and all.... lmao

The fact that I'm agreeing with AM has me wondering what's wrong with people. There is just a lot of Colt fans on here (not all certainly) but a lot that just can't be objective and are just too "HARDCORE" with their fandom to just appreciate the SPORT and what others bring to it. I may be the biggest PM fan...love the way he orchestrates a ball game and wow'd by how he engineers an offense but I still appreciate the what Brady does too...and can honestly say he is perhaps one of the greatest to ever play. I look at AL and see the potential for an all time great qb in the making...but he has some warts just like Peyton once did....but to be a GOAT he will have to overcome his weaknesses and warts and continue to improve his strengths. RGIII has an incredible set of skills himself. He throws an incredibly accurate deep ball, great arm strength, super mobile but has his own warts too. People act like one is better than the other when there is no real evidence to support either. Both are incredibly young...and are growing...no one freaked out when AL threw a ton of picks against Chicago last opening season and got sacked a bunch and RGIII had a rough game with no preseason work...but to hear people on here act like they "KNOW" one will be better than the other is laughable. Look how far players like Brees and Brady have evolved and yet how Rivers or others have taken steps back...you just can't know...and for people on here to act like they do...just seems stubborn.  I find it a little disturbing the pleasure people get from the failures of others...I almost think they get more satisfaction of one team losing more than THEIR team winning.

The story of last night was the early success of Kelly's offense and the incredible play of shady mccoy and how that inspired their defense to play better....not really the rusty start to RGIII's season. IMO

The fact that I'm agreeing with AM has me wondering what's wrong with people. There is just a lot of Colt fans on here (not all certainly) but a lot that just can't be objective and are just too "HARDCORE" with their fandom to just appreciate the SPORT and what others bring to it. I may be the biggest PM fan...love the way he orchestrates a ball game and wow'd by how he engineers an offense but I still appreciate the what Brady does too...and can honestly say he is perhaps one of the greatest to ever play. I look at AL and see the potential for an all time great qb in the making...but he has some warts just like Peyton once did....but to be a GOAT he will have to overcome his weaknesses and warts and continue to improve his strengths. RGIII has an incredible set of skills himself. He throws an incredibly accurate deep ball, great arm strength, super mobile but has his own warts too. People act like one is better than the other when there is no real evidence to support either. Both are incredibly young...and are growing...no one freaked out when AL threw a ton of picks against Chicago last opening season and got sacked a bunch and RGIII had a rough game with no preseason work...but to hear people on here act like they "KNOW" one will be better than the other is laughable. Look how far players like Brees and Brady have evolved and yet how Rivers or others have taken steps back...you just can't know...and for people on here to act like they do...just seems stubborn.  I find it a little disturbing the pleasure people get from the failures of others...I almost think they get more satisfaction of one team losing more than THEIR team winning.

The story of last night was the early success of Kelly's offense and the incredible play of shady mccoy and how that inspired their defense to play better....not really the rusty start to RGIII's season. IMO

There is less objectivity about RG then Brady up here. I would have never thought it possible but its true. They just can't bring themselves to see anything good about the guy and he was ROY last year!

Well, the issue seems to be the same issue Brady fans had with Peyton when Peyton was doing all his commercials. Now, the shoe is on the other foot with Luck fans having issues with RG3 :).

What was completely *ic was that no ESPN Analyst wished to go against RG3 and the Redskins thinking that RG3 must be some miracle worker or something like that. He was rusty just like Peyton was after his bursa sac surgery and based on history, him struggling was no surprise. Hence, I was surprised no one picked the Eagles. 

Eggs on all their faces, that I'm happy about. :)

RG3 is a very talented QB, he will be fine but he is just as human, don't install him as a demi-god QB like the media sometimes wishes to portray him as. Not an easy start with the Eagles and Pack back-to-back, IMO. He still has a game or two to go before he can take off and run and be effective with his legs. Till then, he will be treated like a pocket passer.

I expect the Redskins to be 0-2 after the Pack game. Just being realistic here. 

Funniest thing I heard on the radio today was Jay Mohr talking about RG3's huge knee brace. Said it looked "like he had a shopping cart wrapped around his knee" and that he "expected him to turn into a car at one point" (ala Transformers). I was literally crying. Mohr is hilarious, but did have a point that the brace combined with the rust from no preseason did have an effect. I am so over the Luck/RG3 crap, just thought I would lighten the mood.

It could have been a blowout had the eagles kept up the pressure.   The good thing was they won.    That saved my ears from having to hear about how great the New Golden boy dominated on his return.      RGIII is a good QB but, it proved my theory that when the pressure is on him he isn't the QB Luck is.

I will say, I've never understood why fans of opposing teams feel it is their duty to educate Colts fans on players they should respect, and concede greatness to.

Because there's never been a Pats fan who thought Peyton was overrated, or that the Colts weren't that good. Or a Texans fan who think Luck is all hype, and won't make it.

Naw it's just Colts fans who have biases, the only fanbase in the NFL.......

I will say, I've never understood why fans of opposing teams feel it is their duty to educate Colts fans on players they should respect, and concede greatness to.

Because there's never been a Pats fan who thought Peyton was overrated, or that the Colts weren't that good. Or a Texans fan who think Luck is all hype, and won't make it.

It is the extent to which *some*  Colts fans won't acknowledge him and his skills that is pretty much unique. Most football fans of any city can at least acknowledge the play of other players even if they are bitter rivals. I can't stand Ray Lewis from top to bottom but his game was a monster in his prime. Same thing with T.O. Never liked him or rooted for him but he was money on the field. For Colts fans to not even be able to acknowledge that RG has some pretty good skills is not reflective of other fans bases. Even Eagles, Giants, and Cowboy fans agree he is a top young QB that will have the Skins in contention fo years to come but yet Colts fans can't bring themselves to do this like it will somehow detract from Luck.

You won't find threads criticizing Andy the Giant for appearing in commercials on the Texans board, or Patriot fans calling Manning's 7-TD game flukey. We also recognize talent when we see it. Read dgambill's post as well to see that one guy doesn't have to be torn down to build up the other.

You won't find threads criticizing Andy the Giant for appearing in commercials on the Texans board, or Patriot fans calling Manning's 7-TD game flukey. We also recognize talent when we see it. Read dgambill's post as well to see that one guy doesn't have to be torn down to build up the other.

what commercials are Andrew in?

Lol if Andrew was exposed as much as RG3 you absolutely would. Don't kid yourself. I'm sure there's never been a thread on any Texans board criticizing Peyton for how much exposure he has:) Too classy and unbiased for such behavior. But if not Texans boards I've certainly seen a few Titans boards who used to have fun with Peyton and that stuff following playoff losses.

I would expect nothing less from division rivals however.

Pats fans have never torn down Manning to promote Brady? What Internet are you inhabiting lol? Less here, especially now for sure, but in the heyday of that rivalry? Absolutely you could go anywhere and find someone bashing the Colts or Peyton.

But that's my exact point. EVERY fanbase has their biases, and their fringe fans who take everything to the next level.

I just always find it so comical how fans from other teams feel compelled to educate us, like we're a special brand of bias. We aren't.

Go ask an Eagles fan to assess Tony Romo rationally to you. Or a Bears fan to break down Aaron Rodgers. Every fanbase has "gaps" in knowledge, but that's the nature of the sport and rivalries. No amount of "common sense" is going to whisk that away.

No one is unequivocally 100% unbiased. We all like who we like for a reason. And dislike who we dislike for a reason. Doesn't have to be rational, and that's certainly not a Colts centric issue.

what commercials are Andrew in?

Well there was a FiFa commercial for one, which of course helped stop the Griffin commercial hate. And he's appeared in more since then....there was a thread about one of them before the season started in the Colts section about his new endorsement and commercial. I'm sure it's available for viewing on YouTube.

Lol if Andrew was exposed as much as RG3 you absolutely would. Don't kid yourself. I'm sure there's never been a thread on any Texans board criticizing Peyton for how much exposure he has:) Too classy and unbiased for such behavior. But if not Texans boards I've certainly seen a few Titans boards who used to have fun with Peyton and that stuff following playoff losses.

Pats fans have never torn down Manning to promote Brady? What Internet are you inhabiting lol? Less here, especially now for sure, but in the heyday of that rivalry? Absolutely you could go anywhere and find someone bashing the Colts or Peyton.

But that's my exact point. EVERY fanbase has their biases, and their fringe fans who take everything to the next level.

I just always find it so comical how fans from other teams feel compelled to educate us, like we're a special brand of bias. We aren't.

Go ask an Eagles fan to assess Tony Romo rationally to you. Or a Bears fan to break down Aaron Rodgers. Every fanbase has "gaps" in knowledge, but that's the nature of the sport and rivalries. No amount of "common sense" is going to whisk that away.

No one is unequivocally 100% unbiased. We all like who we like for a reason. And dislike who we dislike for a reason. Doesn't have to be rational, and that's certainly not a Colts centric issue.

What is amazing is that you don't expect to be called out for your "gaps."  lol.   :thmup:

Dude....Dandy Andy IS exposed as much as Griffin. Has been since college. Of course, I suppose your bias won't let you see or remember any of that.

And while Manning fans can tear down Brady and vice versa, both teams' fans, except for the Kool-Aid drinkers, recognize that these are two of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. And they do not underestimate either and they certainly don't hope for injuries or joke about them once they've been had. Where in my post did I claim the Texans were perfect? I was merely making an example. We may call out other players but it's not about the ridiculous things that the Griffin haters on here do. Yes, there is bias. But most bias is for a reason. A guy going second overall to a team that is not your rival isn't a very good reason to hate him.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=5091&highlight=Peyton+manning+commercials

Here ya go Quizzy.

Texan's board thread about players who annoy them. I'm sure all their reasons are rational and valid haha.

From 2008? And that post clearly is meant to give a legitimate reason as to why the poster is annoyed. It's not a common thing on the Texans board and you don't see us tearing other guys down because they like action figures and because they want to play in the preseason instead of sitting out. It's a post meant for recognizing those who annoy you, it is not a commonplace occurrence in every single thread when Andy and Manning come up. Try again.