Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oak vs Ind Thoughts

SoCalColts

My thought is maybe Oakland will surprise some people this year, & maybe Al finally got a pick right, his last pick taboot...

Once Derek Wolfe of the Broncos or JJ Watt from the Texans gives Pryor a love tap during the season, he will think twice about running Buck.

The Raiders don't scare me at all personally. Other than Woodson anyway. JMO. 

Tarver served as co-defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach at Stanford in 2011, after spending 10 seasons in various coaching capacities with the San Francisco 49ers.

Tarver was appointed co-defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach at Stanford in February 2011 and coordinated one of the top defensive units in the PAC-12. The Cardinal ranked either first or second in the conference in six defensive categories, rushing defense (first-84.4), third-down conversion defense (first-31.1), scoring defense (second-21.9), total defense (second-337.6), sacks per game (second-3.0) and opponent first downs (second-17.5). Stanford finished third nationally in rushing defense, sixth in third-down-conversion defense (31.0; 51-164) and 11th in sacks per game (3.0).

he was pep teamamte at stanford  , he knew alot aboiut what pep does.

Once Derek Wolfe of the Broncos or JJ Watt from the Texans gives Pryor a love tap during the season, he will think twice about running Buck.

The Raiders don't scare me at all personally. Other than Woodson anyway. JMO. 

He is a football player he is gonna get hit, I am sure he knows it...

Everyone keeps saying this about the RO style that is the new trend, & everyone throws in the "it is great until the QB gets injured or defenses will eventually figure out how to stop it and then the rest of the league will follow" but the fact is the RO is the new trend in the NFL & Seahawks, SF, & Wash have all had some relative success with the RO & Pryor looks like he is fully capable of bringing Oak some relative success with it as well. Like I said I expect Oak to pull out some W's this year that will surprise some people...

My Thoughts

Offense

Luck, looked good, but was it him not adjusting to the blitz. we had no answer for that.

Thought the Ol played OK couple of times guys were beat but all in all thought they played well. McGlynn not a big fan but he did play better?

Reggie was Reggie, DHB was good, need to target DHB, Hilton more.

Fleener really looks lost to me.

Allan was great for a play.

Ballard looked good, we should have used him more he was hot, Bradshaw looked rusty early but started coming on.

Would like to have seen some of Brown & Whalen

Pep was OK but didn't like a screen call on first down in the 2nd half?

Defense

Dl provides NO Pressure

Good at stopping the run, normal runs, Redding, Franklin, Chapman, RGF, played well.

Lbers really Not good at setting edge and they totally underestimated Priors speed Freeman was good the rest bad, Mathis OK Sheppard suck IMO if this is how the guy plays would rather have Hughes back.

Bethea, & Landry were great accept for miss communication on the long pass Tolar good, Davis missed some tackles.

We looked kinda slow.

The lack of a pass rush is a concern.

All in all not a great game we gutted it out, but have to play better.

I thought the Raiders played well. when you have a QB that can make plays with their feet it can change a game completely. Oak ran read option i think 5 times that game and every time Pryor kept the ball. couple of times he didn't even look  to the read guy he was gonna run regardless. teams will see that, The Raiders OL played very, very well when Pryor stayed in the pocket which was the surprise of the day for me. Oak OL was really a patchwork line and looked just as good if not better than ours. I am probably in the minority thinking that Pryor scrambling early on was due to coverage. i think late in the second they used it as a way to get down field. Andrew pretty much did once what Pryor was doing most the game but Luck reached the end zone. we "technically " stopped the run. thought our offensive game plan was good. the formation we had luck rolling out with no help did not help and we should try something else but i could see some big plays from T.Y and DHB coming out of that... but i think defenses now will run after the Qb regardless of any play fake and leaving Luck out there like that with that in mind is not cool with me.

I don't think the Raiders game plan was to have Pryor running as much as he did, and i don't think it will be in the Dolphins gameplan on sunday to have their QB doing the same so i expect to see a completely different type of game.

First thing is we got the W so I'm happy for that.

Kelvin Shephard the LB is horrible we really need Conner or Angerer back asap. He seem too slow or lost at times.

I hear a lot of AC played horrible comments remember guys he sprained his knee 2 weeks ago I'm shock he was out there to begin with.

Laundry was all over the field should I dare mention who he reminds me off

The run D wasn't as bad as people say they I look at the stat line 100 yds were Pryor running around like Vick if it wasn't for that stat line would show under 75yds earn for the Raiders

We will improve understanding read option QB its week 1 after all. Patience is what we need as fans.

Run game shows signs of improvement Ballard had a stat line of 10 carries for 50yds at one point during the game. Havali really does help improve the run game

Werner is still learning but I see potential just like I saw it when he played at Florida state

I'm happy with the win and I see big things coming. Let's Go Colts!

I HOPE TO GOD THAT THE RUMORS OF TRADING conner are not true... shepperd ....all ill say