Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

here is what we need to change

ruf

the OL needs to be changed maybe even reizt in at LT and AC to RT or RG with Holmes at C and our 3rd round pick at RG

We cannot play that 3/4 D against certain teams. we should have chapman in their with the other NT and Redding and the other starter at DE. with Mathis and our 1st round pick at OLB  and do some blitzing cause it is not working the way it is.

if we play like this next week we will lose. Oak beat us in every way today total yards, first downs, time of possession, passing yards and rushing yards. we should not have won this game.

where were our te's in this game???

the OL needs to be changed maybe even reizt in at LT and AC to RT or RG with Holmes at C and our 3rd round pick at RG

We cannot play that 3/4 D against certain teams. we should have chapman in their with the other NT and Redding and the other starter at DE. with Mathis and our 1st round pick at OLB  and do some blitzing cause it is not working the way it is.

if we play like this next week we will lose. Oak beat us in every way today total yards, first downs, time of possession, passing yards and rushing yards. we should not have won this game.

The o line wasn't that bad till Oakland started sending 6 or more players on a delayed blitz. The problem was that once they started doing that we didn't counter with quick passes to the undefended areas. That's on Pep for the plays and Luck for not reading the blitz. As for the D we were not fully blitzing because Pryor was back there. You do not full blitz an option QB or they will roast you. You have to play disciplined contain which is what we were doing almost the entire game (with a few exceptions of players losing discipline). Our interior d line played very well. There is no reason to change how our personal are playing. The thing we need to focus on is stopping the read option with Seattle and San Fran coming up.

As much as i dont want to admit it, Costanzo got owned today...bad. People were right to doubt his pass blocking skills on he left side.

Satele and McGlynn need to be gone yesterday. Replaced with Holmes and Thornton.

Walden needs to hold his edge against the run and the option.

Werner might get off the snap a little quicker if he used a 3 point stance rather than a 4.

Castonzo looked awful today. He needs to seriously look at his pass pro skills.

Should have kept Ijalana and cut Sheppard, he was awful today.

They had a lack of faith Ben could stay healthy.

If healthy he would have been our best lineman quite probably.

None looked Impressive today, LG & RT were ok.

A year of improvement, and hopefully get the line fixed next off-season. Just the way it is.

Go Colts!

WOW - and these are Indy FANS?

Well - we all got keyboards i guess. My assessment goes like this:

We played this game to win. Not throw for 300 yards & 7 TD's. Since we won - (and ONLY since we won) - this is one of the best situations for us to find ourselves in.

Why?

Because we need to improve across the board and that can now dominate our thought processes instead of last year. This is the process of rebuilding a team. A Luck broke the record for comeback wins last year. If he would have lost all those games - would you still be sitting here shocked about almost losing to Oakland?

As a fan - of course I wanted to believe we could look past Oakland and focus on bigger fish. But this is the NFL and I am not mad about getting a nice dose of reality in week 1. Now - I have to stand WITH the men I am so quick to praise while they sift through the 1ST bits of game film to DO THEIR JOBS. They deserve that.

We have many 1st time starters in key spots. The process begins now to see who will stick and who won't. I would much rather be having this conversation week 1 - than week 6.

And oh yeah - how did 0-0 Oakland become the worst team in the NFL? They looked like their usual 8 win team to me. 

I have to totally agree with, Gabriel Alexander Morillo, Anthony Costanzo was by far the worst on the OL, go back and re-watch the game. I think coming back from his injury he shouldn't have been in the game as long as he was today. IDK what the coaching staff saw today but I know they will make changes and get the OL looking like it did in preseason. The OL in preseason especially against the Browns looked amazing, not that the Browns are an elite team but they are better then Oakland. Substitute Costanzo until he can perform like the Colts need him. 

Run the ball a little less, just a little because the passing game really worked today.

The defense did have a lot of missed tackles, but the biggest thing that needs worked on is the read option. Miami, 49ers, Seahawks, just to name a few run read option plays, a lot. Sad thing they only have a week to get things straightened out to play Miami, then they play the 49ers the week after that. And you better believe after this game today those teams will use that read option to their advantage as often as it works.  

I believe the Colts win next week regardless of this nail bitter today. I think they can make positive changes and come back to play and win a much better game. If no changes were made by next weekend, the Coaching staff may need evaluated. Because there is amazing talent on this football team, and it's just not being utilized as it can be.

its better we struggle now against a highly athletic qb and learn from these close games than to do it later when the games count for more, lets take this game as a lesson learnt and keep on improving in time for the playoffs we are still a young team.

One thing that still does not seem right about this game was that Oakland had an OL that had top players held out and in one position I think it was a 3rd string starter and they looked so much better than our starting OL without injuries

One thing that still does not seem right about this game was that Oakland had an OL that had top players held out and in one position I think it was a 3rd string starter and they looked so much better than our starting OL without injuries

It looked to me like we were constantly pressuring Pryor--we just couldn't bring him down in the backfield.

What needs to change is well first off we need to be a pass first team, we have luck at qb not mark sanchez and we have vick Ballard not ap or beast mode at running back , second we need to get Thornton and Khalid up to speed , I wouldn't not play them yet because we don't need rookie getting luck killed mcglynn is bad but he know what going on just bad player that's all , 3rd we need to use a lot more double tight single back formations and 3 wr sets... Running is not are str wr depth and te and passing is pagano needs to get his head out his $:)/. And relize we are a passing team and trying to make us a running team who sits on def is holding us back , also the def will be much better against the more conventional dolphins that's is all

So you want to bench Cherilus who we just gave a $35 million too? And replace Satele with a rookie with no NFL experience at all?

Luck wouldn't make it to week 3..

Some people need to change their team, that's what needs changing. I've seen kids having tantrums over less. Just. 

And all those brilliant minds wanting all our waived / traded 'superstars' back.......oh never mind, what's the point.

I'm off to watch a replay of the Redskins game to see just what happened to the Great Hyped Hope.

We cannot play that 3/4 D against certain teams. we should have chapman in their with the other NT and Redding and the other starter at DE. with Mathis and our 1st round pick at OLB and do some blitzing cause it is not working the way it is.

Lol .. U tell em coach

Look Constonzo was slow because he still isn't 100% regardless of what he or the coaching staff says.  Sheppard looked awful, but there is a reason he is the backup to the backup (if you are confused go back and watch the game.) We got pressure on Pryor the problem was Pryor is a heck of a lot faster than RJF, Redding, Chapman etc...Most of his runs weren't designed. He looked at his first option, they were covered so he tucked the ball and ran. I feel like a lot of our guys were over-pursuing and taking themselves out of the play.

Luck held onto the ball way to long in some instances, he knows better than we do that parts of the line are high school jv caliber so he needs to live to fight another day and throw the ball away sometimes. Luck also needs to audible out of bad plays sometimes (like that awful play on 4th down. Run down their throat with Ballard seriously....)

We know McGlynn is awful, I would take a box of spiders for that guy but alas the NFL frowns on that sort of thing. I think some of Satele's problems are runoffs from turnstile McGlynn.

Go back and look at the results of the 2006 season we scraped by some pretty average teams that year, but we know the end result of that.

I fully expect a better gameplan against Miami on Sunday. We have enough talent to beat the Dolphins if we play to our potential and execute. If we go up 14 again Pagano needs to go for the jugular.

As much as i dont want to admit it, Costanzo got owned today...bad. People were right to doubt his pass blocking skills on he left side.

he is too  slow to play Lt , speed rushers beat him a lot, but who else do we have to play this spot? imo he is our weakest spot on the line. any sugestions how to fix this?

The second TD that Luck threw, he got blasted by a D-lineman that Thomas (66) was lined up against. Thomas pulled and gave them a direct shot at Andrew. We got the TD even though Luck got smashed because him and D Allen made such awesome plays.

Players dont need to be changed...just some of their plays.

Reeeeeeeeeeeelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax.