Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Werner

YOUR GM

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Werner wasn't the only one that looked lost. The defense was not ready for Pryor's speed.

Yep.  I think the D was coached to NOT put too much of a rush on Pryor.  They wanted him to throw the ball.

Sure, rush him, but try not to give him open lanes to run.  That's really hard to do.

Not trying to make an excuse for anyone, especially the coaches.  We were mostly out played, and definitely out coached by a team with a lot less talent.  Still, like the other post says - a win is a win.

I'm not making any judgements yet.  I remember in Mario Williams first year some people were saying he was a bust.

Give Werner time to get acclimated.  I do see him getting pressure at times, I will say he had problems with some of

the read option stuff but he wasn't the only one.

Why do people hate rookies lol.

Patients is a thing of the past. Produce now or GET OUT!

Especially rookies that are picked in later rounds.  You would have swore we pick in the top 5 or something.  Depending on how deep the draft is, most of the time after about the 15-20th picks, you are getting into depth range, not day 1 starters.

The one knock I seem to have against Werner is his speed.  I won't make any comments on his judgement and stuff like that because he is a rookie and I trust Pags and staff to acclimate him overtime, but his speed is an issue.  He has that first step, but he lacks that closing-chasedown speed needed to get those behind the line tackles and sacks.  

I can say one thing for sure though, if he continues to improve he will no doubt be our starter next year or maybe even this year.  He's a good player and good pick.

Yep. I think the D was coached to NOT put too much of a rush on Pryor. They wanted him to throw the ball.

Sure, rush him, but try not to give him open lanes to run. That's really hard to do.

Not trying to make an excuse for anyone, especially the coaches. We were mostly out played, and definitely out coached by a team with a lot less talent. Still, like the other post says - a win is a win.

I agree. It looked like they were all just trying to contain Pryor and keep him in the pocket. Really hard to get a true pass rush on a qb with the speed and elusiveness of a guy like Pryor.

Dude's a rookie who played in his first NFL game against a good rushing attack in Pryor-McFadden.  

As others have said, give him a year until the judgement is out on him.

I think the thing that's disappointing is, once again, his lack of desire to finish plays. His run support is horrible and he's a non-factor as a pass rusher to this point. You expect to see some promise and potential out of your top pick from day one. He wasn't drafted to be a project player we develop for 2-3 years. He was brought in to make a mark somewhere on the team right out the gate. It's been preseason and one regular season game, so it's too early to get completely down on him, but the early returns are not encouraging at all

It's puzzling to me when people clearly don't understand the learning curve these young players are up against.  The NFL is a tough jump no matter what your status was as a college player.  These guys are the biggest and baddest that money can buy.  The coaches are crafty and work hard to confuse the opponent.  They take pride in making rookies earn their stripes.  Give it some time. 

Werner will adjust. i just don't know... i dislike that we may have to spend the next decade hearing american announcers say Verner... It's like we know some one is from another country so we (our culture)  feels the need to say the persons name as if we are from the country too lol. if we are gonna say one name that way why not say them all that way. "touchdown!!! Reggie Vayne"... Just sayin

Yeah I'd give him a year before we really start doubting him. Now if next year comes and he's doesn't make an impact then I'll really start to doubt the pick. I'm usually pretty lenient on first year players.

I really do agree with you on all of this I just can't help but have ghosts of Hughes and Brown flying through my head.

Werr will adjust. i just don't know... i dislike that we may have to spend the next decade hearing american announcers say Verner... It's like we know some one is from another country so we (our culture) feels the need to say the persons name as if we are from the country too lol. if we are gonna say one name that way why not say them all that way. "touchdown!!! Reggie Vayne"... Just sayin

Does Reggie pronounce his last name as "vayne"? No so why would anyone else? It would be disrespectful to not pronounce someone's name the way THEY say it should be pronounced.

Werner will adjust. i just don't know... i dislike that we may have to spend the next decade hearing american announcers say Verner... It's like we know some one is from another country so we (our culture) feels the need to say the persons name as if we are from the country too lol. if we are gonna say one name that way why not say them all that way. "touchdown!!! Reggie Vayne"... Just sayin

Wow that's a completely ignorant view

Werner will adjust. i just don't know... i dislike that we may have to spend the next decade hearing american announcers say Verner... It's like we know some one is from another country so we (our culture)  feels the need to say the persons name as if we are from the country too lol. if we are gonna say one name that way why not say them all that way. "touchdown!!! Reggie Vayne"... Just sayin

Post of the year

Wow that's a completely ignorant view

Is it? 

Why aren't Caucasian Americans allowed to pronounce in our own way without being ignorant? 

Would you call a German "ignorant" for pronouncing Willy Williams as Villy Villiams? Would you get mad if they refused to pronounce it correctly? Vould they be ignorant? 

"MY NAMES WILLY NOT VILLY!"

"I'm sorrvy. I cannot pronounce your double vue very vell."

"Man you ignorant."

Ahhhh...the Caucasian American enjoys yet another double standard. I'll tell ya what; When I see a "V" on his jersey, then I'll call him Verner. This is American football, played in America.