Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Peyton Manning Can Become The G.O.A.T.

Restored

np, but guess i feel obligated now to throw out some other records that Tom Terrific holds:

- 2 Super Bowl MVPs

- 2 NFL MVPS

- In 2010, became the first player ever to be unanimously selected as the MVP.

- 8 Pro Bowls

- 17-7 in the playoffs.. the highest playoff win total in NFL history

- Longest winning streak in NFL history at 21

- Only undefeated regular season since the institution of the 16 game schedule.

- 3rd highest career passer rating in NFL history

- 1st QB to lead his team to 10 division titles in NFL history

- Brady and Montana are the only players in NFL history to win the NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP multiple times

- Most passing touchdowns in NFL history for a single season

- Brady and Elway remain the only players in NFL history to lead their teams to 5 Super Bowl appearances

- The first NFL player to be awarded the Male Athlete of the Year award since Joe Montana

- 2010 was rated Best Player in the NFL

- He & Belichick won 125 regular season games and 17 playoff games, as well as appearing in 5 Super Bowls... all NFL records

- Lead the highest scoring offense in NFL history

- Fastest QB to reach 100 wins in NFL history

- NFL record for pass-interception differential at 42

- Highest single-game post season completion percentage in NFL history at 92.9%

- Most pass attempts in a Super Bowl in NFL history

- Most pass attempts in a Super Bowl without throwing an interception in NFL history

- Most completions in Super Bowl games in NFL history with 100

- Has a chance this year to break Drew Brees' consecutive touchdown streak

- Married to Gisele Bunschen

- Hes Tom *mod edit* Brady son!

Pretty sure he also has the longest passing streak without an interception, and the best TD/Int ratio for a season in NFL history.. but im getting tired

Also, animals love him.

tom-brady-goat.jpgBrady%20Dog.jpeg

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who had the better passer rating?

As between 2004 and 2007 is concerned, Peyton Manning . . .

In the realm of win the battle lose the war in one's theories and positions on what is a deciding factor for who has a better year or not and for who has had a better career or not . . .  

Who has the better career passer rating?

And ... this thread just took a nose dive..

why do some pats fans feel the need to make a case for Brady anytime someone brings up the point Manning is the GOAT.. especially on a COLTS forum?!

AM did not bring up Brady another poster did . . .

As for point about a player being a GOAT . . . it by definition encompasses all players in the sport and specifically players close to the top . . . and if the other player(s) are contemporaries of the nominee for the GOAT he is very reflective of the nominee's status . . . that is one does not have to try to discuss across generations but has a fresh same generation reference point to compare . . .  

the reverse of coarse is true for one who wishes to discuss Brady as the GOAT will necessarily bring Manning into the equation . . . and so on . . .  

brady does, but that has nothing to do with comparing 2004 and 2007

no it does not but given the logic you were using it "does" "prove" who has had the better career . . . and therefore overall the better QB . . .  

but in reality I think you and I would both agree that it is just one factor in the overall discussion of a season or a career . . . that was my point . . . if one wants to stick with that single factor . . .surely you will the battle (2004 v. 2007) but you will lose the war (who is the better QB) . . . I think we would both agree that a single factor will not decide a career and nor should it decide a season . . . the point that I was driving at . . .

As between 2004 and 2007 is concerned, Peyton Manning . . .

In the realm of win the battle lose the war in one's theories and positions on what is a deciding factor for who has a better year or not and for who has had a better career or not . . .  

Who has the better career passer rating

If PM had sat , watched and learned the first 18-19 games of his career , there's a good chance he would not have thrown 26 ints and had passer rating of 71 in his first year. So everything equal maybe Brady's huge lead of 96.6 to 96 would not be there. But who cares...

no it does not but given the logic you were using it "does" "prove" who has had the better career . . . and therefore overall the better QB . . .

but in reality I think you and I would both agree that it is just one factor in the overall discussion of a season or a career . . . that was my point . . . if one wants to stick with that single factor . . .surely you will the battle (2004 v. 2007) but you will lose the war (who is the better QB) . . . I think we would both agree that a single factor will not decide a career and nor should it decide a season . . . the point that I was driving at . . .

all fair and valid points. i wish a few of your fellow pats fans were like you

If PM had sat , watched and learned the first 18-19 games of his career , there's a good chance he would not have thrown 26 ints and had passer rating of 71 in his first year. So everything equal maybe Brady's huge lead of 96.6 to 96 would not be there. But who cares...

28 picks

how many snaps did your backup qb play in 07? Peyton sat out a bunch in 04

I don't want to hijack the thread anymore than I have too, I just want to make a quick response to your point . . . yes Peyton sat out for essentially game 16, but if we look at the first 15 games, things are not as they may seem or reported by the media . . .

In the first 15 games of the respective seasons the teams back-ups contribution is as follows:

Colts back ups (all Sorgi)

3 games

33 snaps

5 possessions

2 knee downs

*Total time as QB of record 38:50 mins

Pats back ups (Cassell and Gutierrez)

5 games

37 snaps

8 possessions

1 kneel down

Total time as QB of record 34:50 mins**

*Time of record is the time the QB came into the game and was the QB for the team, so for example if a back up came in at the 7 min mark of the 4th and played the rest of the game I have that as 7 minutes at time of record . . .

**the pats back-up time in the game would have been longer but Cassel threw a pick six and Brady came back in the game for one possession in the Miami game . . .

bottom line the contribution and the attributing mitigation by the backups in the first 15 games is not that much different . . .  

all fair and valid points. i wish a few of your fellow pats fans were like you

yes I am sorry to hear . . . it Is fun to come talk on boards . . . and sometimes the home folks just want to talk among themselves and not have to get into side discussion . . . sometimes one just wants to talk about a subject without getting too bogged down with side issues . . . it helps to abstain sometimes from discussion when it looks like the locals just want to have a chat among themselves . . . I hear ya  . . .  

I don't want to hijack the thread anymore than I have too, I just want to make a quick response to your point . . . yes Peyton sat out for essentially game 16, but if we look at the first 15 games, things are not as they may seem or reported by the media . . .

In the first 15 games of the respective seasons the teams back-ups contribution is as follows:

3 games

33 snaps

5 possessions

2 knee downs

5 games

37 snaps

8 possessions

1 kneel down

*Time of record is the time the QB came into the game and was the QB for the team, so for example if a back up came in at the 7 min mark of the 4th and played the rest of the game I have that as 7 minutes at time of record . . .

**the pats back-up time in the game would have been longer but Cassel threw a pick six and Brady came back in the game for one possession in the Miami game . . .

bottom line the contribution and the attributing mitigation by the backups in the first 15 games is not that much different . . .

ok, but you left out the 57 minutes in week 16

Of course Colts fans want Peyton Manning named the GOAT, he was ours first and we wish him continued success in Denver but he'll retire and time will pass then another young stud will come along.

They'll compare him

They'll love him

They'll hate him

They'll call him the GOAT

And like all the great quarterbacks of my youth his image will fade but he is my number one player period.

Forever and ever, amen.

(Thank you Randy Travis)

Lets begin this with the preface that QB's in today's world are judged by their playoff success and not the million other factors that equates to greatness.

The first point doubters will try to point at is Peyton Manning's playoff record. Lets begin with a few points. For one, Peyton has lost 4 playoff games when his team has taken the lead in the 4th quarter, with two losses coming after leading IN THE FINAL MINUTE (2010 Jets - 2012 Ravens). Furthermore, Manning's playoff teams are 1-5 when they do not commit a turnover, the rest of the league is 50-5; talk about a string of bad luck. The likes of Billy Volek, Jay Fiedler and Mark Sanchez have been able to come back in the 4th quarter after Manning has taken the lead. Second, Peyton has advanced to the playoffs nearly every year of his career, a feat most QB's would revel. Its easy to point at Drew Brees playoff record or Eli Manning's but Brees for example, has only made the playoffs 5 times in 12 seasons. Your playoff record can be hurt if you're not in them. Peyton's greatness is shown in how he has been able to make the playoffs consistently, even when the team around him hasn't had the talent to get him very far in them.

With that said, Peyton has lead talent-depelted teams to the playoffs a couple of different times. The 2010 Colts, featuring the likes of Justin Tryon and Blair White, managed to win 10 games thanks to Peyton Manning carrying his team enough down the stretch to a playoff berth. If any other QB was the starter that season, I highly doubt the Colts make the playoffs that year. Namely because the following season, with a lot of the the same roster as the year before, the Colts finished 2-14 without Manning. The general consenus is that the 2011 Colts could of won at least 10 games with a healthy Peyton Manning. The 2008 Colts started 3-4 and managed to win 9 straight thanks to another MVP season from Peyton Manning. That team featured a lack luster running game that forced Peyton to carry most of the load.

But the real reason Peyton Manning can be the greatest of all time is simple. If he leads the Broncos to a Super Bowl win this season, he will be the first QB to ever win a Super Bowl with two different teams. He in all likelyhood will own his 5th MVP given his hot start to this season. He is already on pace to own EVERY MAJOR PASSING RECORD in the game and is already on pace to shatter his own and Tom Brady's single season passing records.

Peyton is in a great spot to help add to his career . . . Denver has a solid team and coach Fox is a solid coach, maybe not a HOF coach but a good enough one to help Denver advance . . .

As for Peyton's playoff record, until he helps turn the tide it will be held against him as being the GOAT IMO . . . it is one thing to be considered one of the best, you can have black mark or two, but if one is trying to plug one into a specific spot, here number one overall, it is going to be tough if one has a black mark on the record . . .

fair or not Montana is considered one of the best and considered the best QB of all time . . . I am not a Montana fan, I think he is overhyped, but I think that most of the writers nowadays cut their writers teeth or we just youngens when Montana was doing his thing and as such has made an impression on them . . . I for one am not as impressed . . . . but either way he rides the coat tails of 4 rings right or not . . . and that like "no ints in a SB" phrase . . . as if one pass picked means everything . . . but he is viewed as the best QB by many and his playoff record is key to this . . .  

For me Peyton needs at least two SBs . . . there are some that say he only needs one more . . . I don't agree . . . however for those who think on is enough, I think it would be good to have one or two more deep runs in the playoffs in addition to the second SB, . . .

Peyton is also is in great position to light it up this year which will help him . . . a 5th MVP would be helpful too . . .

As the book is not close, Peyton has a great opportunity to add to his legacy . . . he is probably in a better place to end his career than had he stayed in Indy, who is kind of in a rebuilding stage . . . So road is open for Peyton and it will be fun to watch . . .

AM did not bring up Brady another poster did . . .

As for point about a player being a GOAT . . . it by definition encompasses all players in the sport and specifically players close to the top . . . and if the other player(s) are contemporaries of the nominee for the GOAT he is very reflective of the nominee's status . . . that is one does not have to try to discuss across generations but has a fresh same generation reference point to compare . . .

the reverse of coarse is true for one who wishes to discuss Brady as the GOAT will necessarily bring Manning into the equation . . . and so on . . .

na, she just had to make a sarcastic remark and stir the pot. no difference.

Peyton is in a great spot to help add to his career . . . Denver has a solid team and coach Fox is a solid coach, maybe not a HOF coach but a good enough one to help Denver advance . . .

As for Peyton's playoff record, until he helps turn the tide it will be held against him as being the GOAT IMO . . . it is one thing to be considered one of the best, you can have black mark or two, but if one is trying to plug one into a specific spot, here number one overall, it is going to be tough if one has a black mark on the record . . .

fair or not Montana is considered one of the best and considered the best QB of all time . . . I am not a Montana fan, I think he is overhyped, but I think that most of the writers nowadays cut their writers teeth or we just youngens when Montana was doing his thing and as such has made an impression on them . . . I for one am not as impressed . . . . but either way he rides the coat tails of 4 rings right or not . . . and that like "no ints in a SB" phrase . . . as if one pass picked means everything . . . but he is viewed as the best QB by many and his playoff record is key to this . . .  

For me Peyton needs at least two SBs . . . there are some that say he only needs one more . . . I don't agree . . . however for those who think on is enough, I think it would be good to have one or two more deep runs in the playoffs in addition to the second SB, . . .

Peyton is also is in great position to light it up this year which will help him . . . a 5th MVP would be helpful too . . .

As the book is not close, Peyton has a great opportunity to add to his legacy . . . he is probably in a better place to end his career than had he stayed in Indy, who is kind of in a rebuilding stage . . . So road is open for Peyton and it will be fun to watch . . .

unitas, old enough to make an opinion, but all of this is just our opinions, which have to be to some extent at least subconsciously be biased , this will go on till this generation is gone ,m, then new ones will be added to the contenders, to be named in the discussion, and if anyone has any honesty, just being in the discussion makes quite a statement of a players top tier status , goat, or hornless goat or whatever-- thats my AM rant

have a good one , i hate these endless discussions, been having them since it was Packers with Bart Star and Bronws with Jim Brown Vs Colts with Unitas, been way to much of this for me

(( PS  - on another topic, Jim Brown for me  was the greatest RB , Peterson may become the greatest, Thing about brown, and again was a short season, he got those yards and never needed a good o-line , great blocking schemes etc, he just ran straight threw u if u were in his way, ah but thats another topic ))

((  have a good one Tom , best to your pats   , was scary when amendola hurt groin but came back and was a key cog in the win, great run game, o-line protects and blocks for runs & passes both quite well, Brady wasnt typical throughout game but indeed came threw in final drive that counted ))

agreed . . . when one looks at stats, one can not look at stats in a vacuum or more specifically look at a single stat and try to come to a determination . . . we need to endeavor to look at a stat, figure out what it means, its parts and see what the parts are and go from there . . . so yes I agree with you on the point that his first season brings hurts his career numbers . . .

but at the same time manning has better numbers in yardage and TDs in his first season . . . he threw ball more, so you will get more picks but at the same time have an opportunity to accrue numbers in other categories . . .

but I think we all agree on these points . . . I was just making a point that PR is just a factor . . .

unitas, old enough to make an opinion, but all of this is just our opinions, which have to be to some extent at least subconsciously be biased , this will go on till this generation is gone ,m, then new ones will be added to the contenders, to be named in the discussion, and if anyone has any honesty, just being in the discussion makes quite a statement of a players top tier status , goat, or hornless goat or whatever-- thats my AM rant

have a good one , i hate these endless discussions, been having them since it was Packers with Bart Star and Bronws with Jim Brown Vs Colts with Unitas, been way to much of this for me

(( PS  - on another topic, Jim Brown for me  was the greatest RB , Peterson may become the greatest, Thing about brown, and again was a short season, he got those yards and never needed a good o-line , great blocking schemes etc, he just ran straight threw u if u were in his way, ah but thats another topic ))

((  have a good one Tom , best to your pats   , was scary when amendola hurt groin but came back and was a key cog in the win, great run game, o-line protects and blocks for runs & passes both quite well, Brady wasnt typical throughout game but indeed came threw in final drive that counted ))

thanks for the kind thoughts, . . . yah the pats did not look good on Sunday, we'll have to wait and see what happens the rest of the season . . .

as for the back and forth discussion . . . it is just human nature and part of our overall human interaction . . . who is the best president, which restaurant has the best steak, who is the best player at a give sports position . . . these topics will always be discussed, they have just gone from your local watering hole or general store to the internet . . . although they can be tiring they can be fun at times too . . . at least from the standpoint that one is bless to be able to partake in the conversation as it is an indication that one is lucky to have a sports player in the discussion . . .  

np, but guess i feel obligated now to throw out some other records that Tom Terrific holds:

- 2 Super Bowl MVPs

- 2 NFL MVPS

- In 2010, became the first player ever to be unanimously selected as the MVP.

- 8 Pro Bowls

- 17-7 in the playoffs.. the highest playoff win total in NFL history

- Longest winning streak in NFL history at 21

- Only undefeated regular season since the institution of the 16 game schedule.

- 3rd highest career passer rating in NFL history

- 1st QB to lead his team to 10 division titles in NFL history

- Brady and Montana are the only players in NFL history to win the NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP multiple times

- Most passing touchdowns in NFL history for a single season

- Brady and Elway remain the only players in NFL history to lead their teams to 5 Super Bowl appearances

- The first NFL player to be awarded the Male Athlete of the Year award since Joe Montana

- 2010 was rated Best Player in the NFL

- He & Belichick won 125 regular season games and 17 playoff games, as well as appearing in 5 Super Bowls... all NFL records

- Lead the highest scoring offense in NFL history

- Fastest QB to reach 100 wins in NFL history

- NFL record for pass-interception differential at 42

- Highest single-game post season completion percentage in NFL history at 92.9%

- Most pass attempts in a Super Bowl in NFL history

- Most pass attempts in a Super Bowl without throwing an interception in NFL history

- Most completions in Super Bowl games in NFL history with 100

- Has a chance this year to break Drew Brees' consecutive touchdown streak

- Married to Gisele Bunschen

- Hes Tom *mod edit* Brady son!

Pretty sure he also has the longest passing streak without an interception, and the best TD/Int ratio for a season in NFL history.. but im getting tired

As I read your post, all I could think of was Penelope on SNL.  She was funny. :funny:

I wish I could find the skit she did with Peyton, although I think my favorite was the traffic school skit.

Anyhow, thank you for starting out my day with a chuckle. 

And I love everything about this post.

Why? Because it's quite possibly one of the worst I've ever seen on this forum. You go from making a great point about subjugating data to fit an argument, and directly follow it up by drawing a horrible, horrible conclusion. Peyton Manning is incredible..and your consistent homerism and bias causes you to to lose any credibility, especially here on a Colts forum.

There is nothing wrong with being objective. Not every discussion has to turn into what you always turn it into. The success of one quarterback doesnt at all take away from the success of another. Praising one quarterback doesnt undermine another's accomplishments. I'll never understand why we cant just admire and love this era of football...as both Colts fans and Patriots fans...not only because of the play of our quarterbacks over the last decade and what we as fans were given the privelage of watching, but this is probably the best bunch of years either of our fanbases will ever see. The rivalry was terrific, and I have loved to see how over the last few years the interaction between our fanbases has turned from true hate to that of a mutual respect and admiration for what the other has done. 

Colts fans will always think Peyton is the greatest of all time, Patriots fans will always think Brady is the greatest of all time. History will judge it as they always have, and there still wont be a true answer. These 'lists' and 'rankings' have changed every year based on what each guy did that given year...and as you said, the entirety of their careers will be taken into consideration in the end....so how can you be so sure that 'the next accomplishment' for one wont be enough to tip the scales?

Kudos to you for such a Great Post.   I always enjoy your insight, and take on things.   Just wanted to let you know.  ;)

Kudos to you for such a Great Post.   I always enjoy your insight, and take on things.   Just wanted to let you know.   ;)

And the love fest continues. :heart:  :luv:   :flowers:   :kitty:  :flirty:  :heart:

I bet Dynasty is blushing as he reads these love letters while he slipps into his Uggs and splashes on some Stetson cologne.

And the love fest continues. :heart:  :luv:   :flowers:   :kitty:  :flirty:  :heart:

I bet Dynasty is blushing as he reads these love letters while he slipps into his Uggs and splashes on some Stetson cologne.

and you're having to comment on everyone's posts continues too,  I see.   Whatever. :sigh:

And ... this thread just took a nose dive..

why do some pats fans feel the need to make a case for Brady anytime someone brings up the point Manning is the GOAT.. especially on a COLTS forum?!

The "on the Colts forum" part is just coincidence, because I'm pretty sure the same people would have the same opinions regardless of what team (or even sport) was hosting the message board.  ;)

But to give you an honest answer, Brady is Manning's contemporary, and the two are inexorably linked as the greatest QBs of their generation. The first step in being the GOAT would be to claim, hands-down, the "best of your generation." I don't think anyone can objectively say one or the other is "hands down" the better of the two. Anyone could make an extremely legitimate and persuasive argument either way. 

Patriots fans may be more implored to jump in with their two bits for sure, since the "other" QB in that discussion is ours. But you have to admit... the "GOAT obsession" is really tipped to the wants and desires of Colts fans. I don't know if that's because of Manning's postseason record or what, but you don't see or hear about a lot of NE fans caring one way or the other about Brady's place in history. Maybe it's the three SBs... you're kind of playing with house money once you hit that point.

So we may be quick to react, but you gotta admit, Indy fans can sometimes have an unhealthy obsession with "needing" other people to verify that Manning is the GOAT. It's like if you bought a new shirt and really liked it, but needed 10 other people to tell you that it looks good on you before you really feel good about the purchase, lol...  ;)

3 games

33 snaps

5 possessions

2 knee downs

5 games

37 snaps

8 possessions

1 kneel down

Interesting, did you dig this data up yourself? 

Big "if" is excluding the last game of course, where Manning sat and Brady did not. But there are variables there. First would be team philosophy... Belichick doesn't ever let up on the gas, and obviously Dungy/Polian have a different approach. Secondly, Brady was playing for 16-0 in the last game, and they nearly lost it to the Giants (in hindsight, I wish they had, lol). 

So, point being, the two QBs had drastically different things to play for in the final week of the regular season. 

Good morning, am!

It seems to me like you may be feeling a little jealous and unloved.

So, I'm here to give you a little love letter. :heart:  :luv:  :flowers:  :kitty:  :flirty:  :heart:    

Recently, I read that you are the mother of three young children.  Yet, you have the time to post frequently due to your great ability to multi-task.

I envy and admire you for that ability and can only wish that I possessed the same trait.  When my children were that young, I was doing good just to get supper on the table.

You know, you really should consider changing your username to Super Mom.

This dynasty. I have to find out his magic as he makes all the females swoon young and old AND he is a Pats fan. At least I think he is. Maybe he is really Tom Brady?

Dynasty, GoPats, Yehoodi, and JJ have been Colts forum members far longer than I.  I remember reading their posts long before starting an account.  They have always been respectful of others and I enjoy their opinions and reading their posts.  So sign me up for the fan club too.

:yahoo: for out Pats friends!

Good morning, am!

It seems to me like you may be feeling a little jealous and unloved.

So, I'm here to give you a little love letter. :heart:  :luv:  :flowers:  :kitty:  :flirty:  :heart:    

Recently, I read that you are the mother of three young children.  Yet, you have the time to post frequently due to your great ability to multi-task.

I envy and admire you for that ability and can only wish that I possessed the same trait.  When my children were that young, I was doing good just to get supper on the table.

You know, you really should consider changing your username to Super Mom.

Thanks SheColt. I appreciate that. I am also a part-time student. I do not work however. I am one of the few that is blessed to be able to stay home and even more blessed with my family.

I used to work in high tech PR and the pace was insane. Having three kids and managing a house hold is easier in comparison. Plus, I enjoy it more. :D

Football is my passion. Just love it. My kids do not share my passion but are always excited about the annual SB party I hold ever year so at least there is that. :)  

Did you read Dynasty's post? It was pretty great. I don't think Gramz cared about the poster as much as she did the content, though I would not presume to speak for her.

We're all fortunate to be living through this rivalry... he sure is right about THAT. 

:thmup:

Dynasty, GoPats, Yehoodi, and JJ have been Colts forum members far longer than I.  I remember reading their posts long before starting an account.  They have always been respectful of others and I enjoy their opinions and reading their posts.  So sign me up for the fan club too.

:yahoo: for out Pats friends!

Thank you but too much credit there... I would swap "always" with "mostly."  ;)

Actually I think of the Colts-Pats rivalry a lot like the Apollo-Rocky relationship. Give animosity enough time on the burner and eventually it morphs into respect. LOL...

Interesting, did you dig this data up yourself? 

Big "if" is excluding the last game of course, where Manning sat and Brady did not. But there are variables there. First would be team philosophy... Belichick doesn't ever let up on the gas, and obviously Dungy/Polian have a different approach. Secondly, Brady was playing for 16-0 in the last game, and they nearly lost it to the Giants (in hindsight, I wish they had, lol). 

So, point being, the two QBs had drastically different things to play for in the final week of the regular season. 

yes I did . . . I had actually done it a few years ago . . . I had to redo it last night . . .

glad your responded so that I can more explain myself . . . my main thrust for the posting was not to direct my point at entire season but of the first 15 games . . . specifically, many people talk about how Brady was left in the games late in the 4th chucking the ball down the field and at the same time stating that Manning was taken out of games . . . so yes we understand about week 17, but of the 15 prior games one can not say that one team acted different than another team . . .

surely the haters in the media will try to paint the Pats in a given light . . . but when all of the agenda goes away, when people look at the facts and what happen when it happen and at the time in the games it happen , , , one will find out that for the first 15 games of 2004 and 2007 the teams in question did not act that much different . . . so bottom line in the first 15 games of the season in question the goose did the same thing as the gander . . . this was my point for setting forth the facts . . .

Did you read Dynasty's post? It was pretty great. I don't think Gramz cared about the poster as much as she did the content, though I would not presume to speak for her.

We're all fortunate to be living through this rivalry... he sure is right about THAT. 

or possibly both  

;)

yes I did . . . I had actually done it a few years ago . . . I had to redo it last night . . .

glad your responded so that I can more explain myself . . . my main thrust for the posting was not to direct my point at entire season but of the first 15 games . . . specifically, many people talk about how Brady was left in the games late in the 4th chucking the ball down the field and at the same time stating that Manning was taken out of games . . . so yes we understand about week 17, but of the 15 prior games one can not say that one team acted different than another team . . .

surely the haters in the media will try to paint the Pats in a given light . . . but when all of the agenda goes away, when people look at the facts and what happen when it happen and at the time in the games it happen , , , one will find out that for the first 15 games of 2004 and 2007 the teams in question did not act that much different . . . so bottom line in the first 15 games of the season in question the goose did the same thing as the gander . . . this was my point for setting forth the facts . . .

Well done.

On a somewhat related note, I actually almost couldn't help myself from wondering last Thursday night, "Hmm... curious to know what the 'TOM BRADY RUNS UP THE SCORE' crowd thinks of this!" 

"OMG-BBQ HE'S STILL THROWING WITH THAT LEAD?!??!"

;)

Usually a "like" is what is standard for a good post. Not repost after repost gushing over the poster.

agreed . . . when one looks at stats, one can not look at stats in a vacuum or more specifically look at a single stat and try to come to a determination . . . we need to endeavor to look at a stat, figure out what it means, its parts and see what the parts are and go from there . . . so yes I agree with you on the point that his first season brings hurts his career numbers . . .

but at the same time manning has better numbers in yardage and TDs in his first season . . . he threw ball more, so you will get more picks but at the same time have an opportunity to accrue numbers in other categories . . .

but I think we all agree on these points . . . I was just making a point that PR is just a factor . . .

Sure... I'm good with that.