Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Peyton Manning Can Become The G.O.A.T.

Restored

On the other side of the coin is what if 2 miracle passes werent completed against the Pats. Your talking 5SBs and an undefeated season...At which point there is zero discussion.... 

But they weren't, and what if wasn't my point. The point was even if he was a multiple winning quarterback, at this point in his career, his playoff record still isn't above .500. So is it the playoffs or the Super Bowl? It's a flip flop when it comes to Peyton, and only whatever you can use to shoot him down.

Facts are facts, only Johnny will have matched the credentials Peyton will have at the time of retirement. And Johnny is THE quarterback. It'll be one in the same.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they weren't, and what if wasn't my point. The point was even if he was a multiple winning quarterback, at this point in his career, his playoff record still isn't above .500. So is it the playoffs or the Super Bowl? It's a flip flop when it comes to Peyton, and only whatever you can use to shoot him down.

Facts are facts, only Johnny will have matched the credentials Peyton will have at the time of retirement. And Johnny is THE quarterback. It'll be one in the same.

I dont think anyone can legitimately shoot Peyton down. There is no wrong answer in the GOAT debate. But compariing him to his peers (Brady and to an extent Brees), and the previous generations, every item is examined. If his playoff, or SB records dont match up favorably against other players (Brady, Montana etc). Its not an attempt to discredit Peyton.

And in his entire career, he's out performed every single one of his peers statstically including the guy in your avatar. His playoff stats dont reflect that of a player who has his record. its a team game. I bring up his playoff loss record and the stats behind them because all people see is the 9-11 mark and don't realize there's a whole lot more behind it. As I said, there are QBs that have a better record primarily because they aren't in the playoffs every like Peyton and havent had their defense and or special teams collapse the way his teams has. Peyton in a couple of different years carried the team by himself to a playoff berth when in reality, they weren't a playoff team to begin with.

Another ring would vault him to the greatest ever. Montana couldn't take another team to the Super Bowl (who in many eyes is the GOAT currently). Unitas never did. The closet one was Kurt Warner with the Rams and Cardinals. Peyton would be the only one to ever do it and will be in the "multiple championships" category everyone seems to deem necessary to be an all-time great.

So you believe stats are achieved alone? I am pretty sure Manning does not throw to himself or block for himself. And Manning has not had one season statsitically as good as Brady's two best (2007, 2011).

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Nadine, September 8, 2013 - another shot at amfootball
Hidden by Nadine, September 8, 2013 - another shot at amfootball

So you believe stats are achieved alone? I am pretty sure Manning does not throw to himself or block for himself. And Manning has not had one season statsitically as good as Brady's two best (2007, 2011).

Just be quiet. You love Brady, we get it. Quite trolling and turning threads into Brady V Manning.

I hear the Pats forum is sick of you as well.

All you've done this thread is bag on Manning and toute Brady. Smh i I guess I should expect that from you though.

Manning is the GOAT and this is a Colts forum. Who's  mind are you attempting to change anyway?

Edited by Coltssouth
filter evasion

And Manning has not had one season statsitically as good as Brady's two best (2007, 2011).

Peyton 2004:

67.6% completion, 9.2 Y/A, 9.9 TD%, 2.0 INT%, 10.2 AY/A, 13.6 Y/C, 121 passer rating

Brady 2007: 

68.9% completion, 8.3 Y/A, 8.7 TD%, 1.4% INT,  9.4 AY/A, 12.1 Y/C, 117.2 passe rating

2011:

65.6 completion%, 8.6 Y/A, 6.4 TD%, 2.0 INT%, 8.6 AY/A, 13.1 Y/C, 105.6 passer rating.

Peyton 2004:

67.6% completion, 9.2 Y/A, 9.9 TD%, 2.0 INT%, 10.2 AY/A, 13.6 Y/C, 121 passer rating

Brady 2007: 

68.9% completion, 8.3 Y/A, 8.7 TD%, 1.4% INT,  9.4 AY/A, 12.1 Y/C, 117.2 passe rating

2011:

65.6 completion%, 8.6 Y/A, 6.4 TD%, 2.0 INT%, 8.6 AY/A, 13.1 Y/C, 105.6 passer rating.

Sorry man. When you throw 50 TDs to 8 picks and received 49 out of 50 MVP votes (should have been 50/50 except for that loser writer that voted for Favre in 2007) and then you throw 36 TDs to just 4 picks for the best TD/INT ratio of all time at 9:1 and become the only unanimous league in league MVP history, Peyton's effort in 2004 is not on the same level.

I love this post. Let me tell you wht Peyton can be the GOAT but first let me explain away all his playoff losses. lol.

You can't subjugate the data to fit your argument. A player, any player is judged on his entire career. Peyton has had a great career but right now he is nowhere close to GOAT and even another ring would not vault him to the best.

And I love everything about this post.

Why? Because it's quite possibly one of the worst I've ever seen on this forum. You go from making a great point about subjugating data to fit an argument, and directly follow it up by drawing a horrible, horrible conclusion. Peyton Manning is incredible..and your consistent homerism and bias causes you to to lose any credibility, especially here on a Colts forum.

There is nothing wrong with being objective. Not every discussion has to turn into what you always turn it into. The success of one quarterback doesnt at all take away from the success of another. Praising one quarterback doesnt undermine another's accomplishments. I'll never understand why we cant just admire and love this era of football...as both Colts fans and Patriots fans...not only because of the play of our quarterbacks over the last decade and what we as fans were given the privelage of watching, but this is probably the best bunch of years either of our fanbases will ever see. The rivalry was terrific, and I have loved to see how over the last few years the interaction between our fanbases has turned from true hate to that of a mutual respect and admiration for what the other has done. 

Colts fans will always think Peyton is the greatest of all time, Patriots fans will always think Brady is the greatest of all time. History will judge it as they always have, and there still wont be a true answer. These 'lists' and 'rankings' have changed every year based on what each guy did that given year...and as you said, the entirety of their careers will be taken into consideration in the end....so how can you be so sure that 'the next accomplishment' for one wont be enough to tip the scales?

I'm sorry, but 2004 is probably the second best second of all-time.

1) '84 Marino

2) '04 Peyton

3) '11 Roders

4) '07 Brady

Why? Because it's quite possibly one of the worst I've ever seen on this forum. You go from making a great point about subjugating data to fit an argument, and directly follow it up by drawing a horrible, horrible conclusion. Peyton Manning is incredible..and your consistent homerism and bias causes you to to lose any credibility, especially here on a Colts forum.

There is nothing wrong with being objective. Not every discussion has to turn into what you always turn it into. The success of one quarterback doesnt at all take away from the success of another. Praising one quarterback doesnt undermine another's accomplishments. I'll never understand why we cant just admire and love this era of football...as both Colts fans and Patriots fans...not only because of the play of our quarterbacks over the last decade and what we as fans were given the privelage of watching, but this is probably the best bunch of years either of our fanbases will ever see. The rivalry was terrific, and I have loved to see how over the last few years the interaction between our fanbases has turned from true hate to that of a mutual respect and admiration for what the other has done. 

Colts fans will always think Peyton is the greatest of all time, Patriots fans will always think Brady is the greatest of all time. History will judge it as they always have, and there still wont be a true answer. These 'lists' and 'rankings' have changed every year based on what each guy did that given year...and as you said, the entirety of their careers will be taken into consideration in the end....so how can you be so sure that 'the next accomplishment' for one wont be enough to tip the scales?

lol. You say this is the worst post you have ever read and then say I was right to say the entire career of a players' career will be taken into consideration when determing the GOAT. :scratch:

I didn't start the thread. I responded to the OP trying to explain away Manning's playoff losses. Right now his career IMO does not make him the GOAT and again IMO, I don't think another ring will change that given the other greats that have played the game and their respective careers.

100% accurate and 100% true. Great Post Dynasty.

lol. You say this is the worst post you have ever read and then say I was right to say the entire career of a players' career will be taken into consideration when determing the GOAT. :scratch:

I didn't start the thread. I responded to the OP trying to explain away Manning's playoff losses. Right now his career IMO does not make him the GOAT and again IMO, I don't think another ring will change that given the other greats that have played the game and their respective careers.

And what I'm saying is that Peytons career thus far has been legendary...that doesnt mean nobody elses has been as well...but for you to say that 'even if he wins another ring he wont even be in consideration' is laughable at best. Many consider him the best of all time already...many dont. And that's ok. People will always have their opinions...but your constant inability to be even a little objective causes others to not take your opinions seriously...and thats too bad, because you have many of them. 

And what I'm saying is that Peytons career thus far has been legendary...that doesnt mean nobody elses has been as well...but for you to say that 'even if he wins another ring he wont even be in consideration' is laughable at best. Many consider him the best of all time already...many dont. And that's ok. People will always have their opinions...but your constant inability to be even a little objective causes others to not take your opinions seriously...and thats too bad, because you have many of them. 

Guess you missed all my posts on the Colts thread last week defending Manning when many said Luck was already better than him.

I have tremedous respect for Manning. Every time there is a QB listing. I always say it is him and Brady at 1 and 1a and then the rest. I just don't think he is the GOAT and like you said many feel the same. You can feel how you want and that does not negate your opinion. At least not in my view. Too bad you can't see things the same for me. But whatever. I am not here to convince anybody of anything. This is a football forum. A place to go to have fun and debate and disagree. I appreciate the football knowledge up here, the occassional ribbing and the fact that there are lots of homers and passions run deep. All good. Glad real football is back.

Guess you missed all my posts on the Colts thread last week defending Manning when many said Luck was already better than him.

I have tremedous respect for Manning. Every time there is a QB listing. I always say it is him and Brady at 1 and 1a and then the rest. I just don't think he is the GOAT and like you said many feel the same. You can feel how you want and that does not negate your opinion. At least not in my view. Too bad you can't see things the same for me. But whatever. I am not here to convince anybody of anything. This is a football forum. A place to go to have fun and debate and disagree. I appreciate the football knowledge up here, the occassional ribbing and the fact that there are lots of homers and passions run deep. All good. Glad real football is back.

Fair enough, I'm just saying that you can be very quick to respond to people having the 'audacity' to praise Peyton Manning on a Colts forum...weird that they would, huh?...and I dont quite understand why you always feel the need to 'put in a good word' for Brady as if hearing people say Peyton is pretty good somehow means they are saying Brady isnt.

I too come here for intelligent debate and the enjoyment of getting a rival's perspective...but when you hang around these places long enough you realize when to pick your battles...and what you dont realize is that 'the time to pick your battles' doesnt have to be 'every single time someone praises someone other that Tom Brady'. 

Look...we're Patriots fans...we've been pretty darn fortunate because they've been so successful so long. But guess what? Colts fans have been pretty fortunate too, for the exact same reasons. You rank Tom and Peyton as 1 and 1A? Great...I do too, in whatever order. So why, then, do you think its so out of the realm of possibility for 1A to be considered the greatest of all time when you think 1 is such a lock?

Sorry man. When you throw 50 TDs to 8 picks and received 49 out of 50 MVP votes (should have been 50/50 except for that loser writer that voted for Favre in 2007) and then you throw 36 TDs to just 4 picks for the best TD/INT ratio of all time at 9:1 and become the only unanimous league in league MVP history, Peyton's effort in 2004 is not on the same level.

You're right it's not on the same level. 

It's on the level higher.

Fair enough, I'm just saying that you can be very quick to respond to people having the 'audacity' to praise Peyton Manning on a Colts forum...weird that they would, huh?...and I dont quite understand why you always feel the need to 'put in a good word' for Brady as if hearing people say Peyton is pretty good somehow means they are saying Brady isnt.

I too come here for intelligent debate and the enjoyment of getting a rival's perspective...but when you hang around these places long enough you realize when to pick your battles...and what you dont realize is that 'the time to pick your battles' doesnt have to be 'every single time someone praises someone other that Tom Brady'. 

Look...we're Patriots fans...we've been pretty darn fortunate because they've been so successful so long. But guess what? Colts fans have been pretty fortunate too, for the exact same reasons. You rank Tom and Peyton as 1 and 1A? Great...I do too, in whatever order. So why, then, do you think its so out of the realm of possibility for 1A to be considered the greatest of all time when you think 1 is such a lock?

Maybe you have not checked my posting history but more often then not Brady is brought into the discussion as was the case with this thread and I respond. Many times, I let it go as I have learned to pick my battles with many topics up here. ;)

In terms of the 1 and 1a, I am talking about today's game. All any player can be is the best of his generation. After that it is up for debate because it is hard to compare eras.

One thing I have said over and over is that I believe the FA/cap is the most difficult era to play in because teams turn over every three to four years and you can't keep all of your stud players like previous eras. I think the success of the Patriots and Brady will never be duplicated. Just too difficult to do year after year. I also put much more stock into playoff wins and rings. I think you have too as that is where the greats of the greats stand alone. There is a reason why Lebron went to Miami despite being on his way to being the most statstically dominate player in NBA history. He wanted the rings which he is now getting. In the end it is the hardware, everything else is window dressing. This is my opinion and I realize many disagree as there are legions out there that think Marino is the best ever. Like I said, I enjoy the debates. I respect that people have their opinions but I am going to state mine as well.

Dynasty, I wish you would post more frequently because I often find you to be a breath of fresh air.

Too often, fans of other teams come here because they hate the Colts and enjoy putting in their little digs and baiting Colt's fans into a response.

But, you have always been objective and respectful and I appreciate having you as a member here.  :hat:

That's just crazy.  Manning took the metal off the petal in 2004 , while Brady just took "dead aim" at Manning's 49 tds. If it were 1st and goal from the one , it was more likely play action and a Verbel TD reception than a run. How many do you think Manning would have had if he Tom Bradied the last season's game vs SL instead of playing 3 plays ? Furthermore you say "statically" and there is absolutely no basis to say that 2004 was not as good as Brady's 2007 and better than his 2011. 

Your post was silly and biased.

That's just crazy.  Manning took the metal off the petal in 2004 , while Brady just took "dead aim" at Manning's 49 tds. If it were 1st and goal from the one , it was more likely play action and a Verbel TD reception than a run. How many do you think Manning would have had if he Tom Bradied the last season's game vs SL instead of playing 3 plays ? Furthermore you say "statically" and there is absolutely no basis to say that 2004 was not as good as Brady's 2007 and better than his 2011. 

lol. Pretty sure Manning threw plenty of TDs in garbage timein 2004 to ensure he got the record as well. That is the pot calling the kettle black I think. I mean did he really need all those record tying TDs on Thursday against the Ravens? I rest my case.

To be honest, I am surprised there is this much debate about 2007 which is widely considered the best season any QB has put up. It is not just the 50 TDs to 8 picks which is mind boggling on its own but the Pats O was historic in terms of points scored and points differential. I have to look up the stat but I believe they scored a TD on 50 percent of all of its possessions. I am not saying Manning's 2004 is not great. It was. Just not equal to 2007.

We can quibble about 2011 but 36 TDs to 4 picks (setting the record for most attempts without a pick) earned Brady the one and only unanimous MVP.

lol. Pretty sure Manning threw plenty of TDs in garbage timein 2004 to ensure he got the record as well. That is the pot calling the kettle black I think. I mean did he really need all those record tying TDs on Thursday against the Ravens? I rest my case.

To be honest, I am surprised there is this much debate about 2007 which is widely considered the best season any QB has put up. It is not just the 50 TDs to 8 picks which is mind boggling on its own but the Pats O was historic in terms of points scored and points differential. I have to look up the stat but I believe they scored a TD on 50 percent of all of its possessions. I am not saying Manning's 2004 is not great. It was. Just not equal to 2007.

We can quibble about 2011 but 36 TDs to 4 picks (setting the record for most attempts without a pick) earned Brady the one and only unanimous MVP.

I would rate 2004 = 2007... but that's me.

Dynasty, I wish you would post more frequently because I often find you to be a breath of fresh air.

Too often, fans of other teams come here because they hate the Colts and enjoy putting in their little digs and baiting Colt's fans into a response.

But, you have always been objective and respectful and I appreciate having you as a member here.  :hat:

In other words, he lets you wear your blue-colored glasses. j/k :D

I often wondered that myself 21isSuperman or give Peyton the offensive line of the NY Giants. He would have 4 rings easily. Give 18 some massive girth, power, & athleticism upfront & let the Championships rack up or roll in. Well said buddy! Well said.  :thmup:

Geez, if Manning only had a defense all of those years in Indianapolis I would believe he could of had at least 3 rings.

In other words, he lets you wear your blue-colored glasses. j/k :D

All joking aside, I don't think I wear blue-colored glasses.  But, if you ever see a post of mine that makes you think that I do; please feel free to point it out to me.

As I said, I like Dynasty because he is objective and respectful. 

And also because, unlike you, he doesn't hate the Colts.

Or at least, he has never given me the impression that he does.

hope this post makes up for rushed poor one on colts

my 1 only comment  this afternoon, maybe will find time for 2  afternoon comment 

no time but hate this always being said by u too often ,he didnt rack up scores

One lossing to KC 45-35 is not playing in garbage time

started season with loss to pats 27-24

beating vikings 31-28, chargers 34-31, is not scoring for sake of scoring,  

Taken out on thanksgiving  day after 6 TDS Vs poor lions d he could of gotten  8 possibly and set that record if played last quarter

He was taken out for 2.5 games or so worth  at least of time , not just playing every down basically as brady did & push for himself and Moss to set records

Lets just take last game Vs Denver, Colts  loss 14-33 he played basically 1 series and didnt go for the TD throw, yet played Denver next week in wild card game and threw 4 TDS, if he played that last game during the season in earnest , let alone rest of time taken out well u do the math and brady wouldn't have the record

This was before Frathis was stellar, Mathis a 2nd year & first coming into his own  Freney a 3rd year player  i think and good yes

but many a game many had to retake l.ead  example losing to titans entering 4th quarter 17-10 and scoring 21,  4rh quarter points to win, dont tell me he should of laid back after 1st taking the lead

Thast aall, this topic just stirs me , take what i say anyway u feel like it , twist it anyway u want,. i am done on it

hope this post makes up for rushed poor one on colts

my 1 only comment  this afternoon, maybe will find time for 2  afternoon comment 

no time but hate this always being said by u too often ,he didnt rack up scores

One lossing to KC 45-35 is not playing in garbage time

started season with loss to pats 27-24

beating vikings 31-28, chargers 34-31, is not scoring for sake of scoring,  

Taken out on thanksgiving  day after 6 TDS Vs poor lions d he could of gotten  8 possibly and set that record if played last quarter

He was taken out for 2.5 games or so worth  at least of time , not just playing every down basically as brady did & push for himself and Moss to set records

Lets just take last game Vs Denver, Colts  loss 14-33 he played basically 1 series and didnt go for the TD throw, yet played Denver next week in wild card game and threw 4 TDS, if he played that last game during the season in earnest , let alone rest of time taken out well u do the math and brady wouldn't have the record

This was before Frathis was stellar, Mathis a 2nd year & first coming into his own  Freney a 3rd year player  i think and good yes

but many a game many had to retake l.ead  example losing to titans entering 4th quarter 17-10 and scoring 21,  4rh quarter points to win, dont tell me he should of laid back after 1st taking the lead

Thast aall, this topic just stirs me , take what i say anyway u feel like it , twist it anyway u want,. i am done on it

Thanks for proving my point. The Pats of 2007 were the most dominate offensive team to step on the field. Most of the games were in the bag by half time. That team set all types of records for points scored and points differential not to mention going a perfect 16-0.  Bill was not going to pull Brady to start the second half every game so he continued to score because the offense was THAT good. And the last few games against Philly, Ravens and Giants, Brady was not racking up TDs. All of those required fourth quarter comebacks which he led which ended up giving him the record at the end by 1 TD. And of course a record 23 TDs to Moss. Just a historic season no matter which way you slice it except for the ending of course. :)

All joking aside, I don't think I wear blue-colored glasses.  But, if you ever see a post of mine that makes you think that I do; please feel free to point it out to me.

As I said, I like Dynasty because he is objective and respectful. 

And also because, unlike you, he doesn't hate the Colts.

Or at least, he has never given me the impression that he does.

It is amazing to read your take on Dynasty. I have barely read a handful of posts of him since I have been here. I would say I know him the least of any Pats poster here. 

"Hate" is a strong word and I don't appreciate it being used for my views on the Colts just because my views on some topics tend to be contrarian to the popular view. I have stated many times that I am a fan of Luck and think he is the best of the young crop of QBs (although Kaep's peformance yesterday is starting to sway my opinion slightly). I have also defended Manning against the "Luck Cult" that seem to think that Peyton was a terrible Qb because of his playoff record. I have also stated that I was a huge fan of Arians and his effort last year and questioned why so many Colts fans up here seemed to be happy at his departure. To label me a hater is to ignore pretty much all of my posting history.

It is amazing to read your take on Dynasty. I have barely read a handful of posts of him since I have been here. I would say I know him the least of any Pats poster here. 

"Hate" is a strong word and I don't appreciate it being used for my views on the Colts just because my views on some topics tend to be contrarian to the popular view. I have stated many times that I am a fan of Luck and think he is the best of the young crop of QBs (although Kaep's peformance yesterday is starting to sway my opinion slightly). I have also defended Manning against the "Luck Cult" that seem to think that Peyton was a terrible Qb because of his playoff record. I have also stated that I was a huge fan of Arians and his effort last year and questioned why so many Colts fans up here seemed to be happy at his departure. To label me a hater is to ignore pretty much all of my posting history.

1.  I have known Dynasty for a long time dating back to previous boards.  He, along with GoPats, have been two of my favorite Patriot fans for many years. 

2.  It was you who said you hated the Colts.  Would you like me to dig up the post for you?

Thanks for proving my point. The Pats of 2007 were the most dominate offensive team to step on the field. Most of the games were in the bag by half time. That team set all types of records for points scored and points differential not to mention going a perfect 16-0.  Bill was not going to pull Brady to start the second half every game so he continued to score because the offense was THAT good. And the last few games against Philly, Ravens and Giants, Brady was not racking up TDs. All of those required fourth quarter comebacks which he led which ended up giving him the record at the end by 1 TD. And of course a record 23 TDs to Moss. Just a historic season no matter which way you slice it except for the ending of course. :)

Never said Pats were not a great offensivly, they were a juggernaut , just showing peyton did not rack up points like u say and if Brady taken out at same  spots / time played that  Manning  was he wouldnt have the td record, needed every second to get it and just made it,

I still Remember all the headlines what happened to Brady getting  60 + TD's  before those last close games, other than that  the lead was ridiculous when he and Moss kept pouring it on unlike Peyton & Colts team, BB< MOSS & Brady all wanted those records or BB at least ordered it do to spygate issues to prove a point

Last I am saying on the subject

BYE , leaving for and had enough of this issue that brought up way to much , i are to often a singularity of mind , right now my singularity is on pressing issues, not football

1.  I have known Dynasty for a long time dating back to previous boards.  He, along with GoPats, have been two of my favorite Patriot fans for many years. 

2.  It was you who said you hated the Colts.  Would you like me to dig up the post for you?

Know just above this i noted 

BYE , leaving for and had enough of this issue that brought up way to much , i are to often a singularity of mind , right now my singularity is on pressing issues, not football

but when entered u already entered yours so here is lasdt before i leave in support of u , though u dont need it, u stand  straight with pride & truth as far as I am concerned

-------------------------

if not said, i dont know  to be honest, may have missed it , but all the posts speak for themselves, no matter the topic, issues  are repeatedly brought up , even if in past had own thread,   against the colts and for the pats no matter how much already discussed They are repeatedly returned to and as said the posts speak for themselves on ones feelings in quite an obvious manner , like the welker said what post, man that was brought up in so many after I lost count

I dont think theres another QB thats been one and done in the playoffs more then peyton

Well, yes, but that is because he put more teams in the playoffs than any other QB and some of those teams he carried in and they just didn't have the talent to win in the playoffs.

I am just curious as to what people would say if we didn't lose Super Bowl XLVI? Peyton still wouldn't have a winning playoff record.

He is already the consensus "greatest regular season quarterback " Which let's be honest is a backhanded comment than a compliment for trolls. So if he wins another Super Bowl he is the "greatest regular season QB" plus a multiple Super Bowl winning quarterback  a feat only achieved by a few quarterbacks.

So by the time of retirement; greatest regular season quarterback, most MVPs, ever NFL passing record (Brett can keep the INTs), and a multiple championship quarterback  Only one other QB has those credentials, and us Colts fans do not have to look far, Johnny Unitas. Johnny is THE quarterback of all quarterbacks, and is only a victim of time. No way you can argue against Peyton.

A great response FX! Thank you Brother! I agree "Greatest regular season QB" is really a cloak & dagger slam for chocker when the stacks are highest. I guess I have to ask myself why does it bother me so much? Is there a grain of truth to it? Peyton may have stumbled in the Playoffs in recent years, but I attribute that to sitting just prior to the start of Playoffs. A head coaching flaw as opposed to a field general flaw. Plus, if a DB gets burned in the secondary for a TD by the Ravens how is that Manning's fault exactly? 

I will still be demanding post season success from Peyton because I know what he's capable of. Wes Welker might finally be that missing piece to get Manning his second SB ring. I haven't taken the pressure of 18, but I haven't thrown Yoda away either. He still has Greatness left in him...

Never said Pats were not a great offensivly, they were a juggernaut , just showing peyton did not rack up points like u say and if Brady taken out at same  spots / time played that  Manning  was he wouldnt have the td record, needed every second to get it and just made it,

I still Remember all the headlines what happened to Brady getting  60 + TD's  before those last close games, other than that  the lead was ridiculous when he and Moss kept pouring it on unlike Peyton & Colts team, BB< MOSS & Brady all wanted those records or BB at least ordered it do to spygate issues to prove a point

Lol. Peyton has racked up points his whole career. This past Thursday being the perfect example with his 7 TD performance with many here wishing he went for 8 and the record. Why?

And you don't know much about the Pats and BB's history. Unlike the Colts, he does not pull his starters to rest them or for fear of injury, he plays them because it is football. He has been that way his whole coaching career. His motto is: football players play football. In the end, it is the defenses job to stop the O. No such thing as garbage time just garbage teams.

how exactly can the 04 manning season cannot compare to brady 07? is bassically the same numbers...

i dont care about the amount of points the O scored...we are talking about the season those 2 had. you can say brady had only 8 Int and i can say PM got the record 2 games before the end of season i think? or 1?.

cmon thats homerism if you really believe, AM, that 04 season is no where near 07

Lol. Peyton has racked up points his whole career. This past Thursday being the perfect example with his 7 TD performance with many here wishing he went for 8 and the record. Why?

And you don't know much about the Pats and BB's history. Unlike the Colts, he does not pull his starters to rest them or for fear of injury, he plays them because it is football. He has been that way his whole coaching career. His motto is: football players play football. In the end, it is the defenses job to stop the O. No such thing as garbage time just garbage teams.

Laugh till your hearts content, already said this already defended this, or u just dont remember

if not d for   Danny T mistake & Ravens getting the quick RD, basically a 14 point turnaround would be different ending (( & now Woodward cant even practice on the abkle he hurt trying to recover Dany T fumble )) , before that TD they tried and went 3 & out with 3 straight Runs just like in playoff, so didnt go for more points but run out clock, then they did 2 straight tuns and no work, u cant actually think he was r trying for a 78 yards screen TD, no one is that naive , merely r tried tio get a first down and run the clock out , after TD maning suprised and wanted to see pictures of what happened and nothing else, as posted elswhere with link