Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can We Be 2-4?

oldunclemark

Kansas City and Cincinnatti..

Teams that are limited at QB...

KC runs hard.....Cincy does too when Cedric is out of jail...

But we have run the ball well...Curtis and the running backs is still in one piece...

Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are still kicking...and it sounds like Garcon and Wayne..are still up for the fight..

How many think we'll by 2-4 on Oct. 17?

Kansas City and Cincinnatti..

Teams that are limited at QB...

KC runs hard.....Cincy does too when Cedric is out of jail...

But we have run the ball well...Curtis and the running backs is still in one piece...

Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are still kicking...and it sounds like Garcon and Wayne..are still up for the fight..

How many think we'll by 2-4 on Oct. 17?

don't look now but the bengals are better than us. no.1 defense in league at this point. we should be 3-1 and have been out coached in every area. i am really not sure who we can beat at this point.

Its all up to the O-line. I bet Toudouze plays LT for us and Linkenbach RT like before. If Toudouze is in any shape or form decent, we have a shot. Let Mike Tepper be backup guard and hope/pray that Castanzo is back for the Bengals game. If Castanzo is hurt more serious, then let him come back for our next division game at Titans.

hey i think we get 1 this week, then i am looking for another. in painter we must trust.

I think our rush can hassle Cassel....and from what I'm reading...him and his coach are best of friends..

No turnovers and we can get it done.....The OL guy we signed who used to play for us can step right in...

..he wont be great but they know him...

..and I expect the crowd to get behind Curtis Painter if he hits a big play like he did last week..

I have not give up..

Chiefs yes but Bengals no. The Bengals are ranked 1st in defense and are playing very well on that side of the ball. Andy just has to manage the game and not turn over the ball. They also have quite a few weapons on that offense.

Chiefs yes but Bengals no. The Bengals are ranked 1st in defense and are playing very well on that side of the ball. Andy just has to manage the game and not turn over the ball. They also have quite a few weapons on that offense.

..are you sure the Bengals have the No.1 defense in the NFL???

The CINCINNATTI BENGALS....???

Dont get hung up on early season numbers...They're not Baltimore///

I can't believe you guys still want to win. I admire you guys. Do you know how many teams make the playoffs with a 0-4 opening season? Only one team has ever done it - the Chargers in 1992 as they won 11 of the last 12 games and clinched the AFC West title. Furthermore, we have mounting injuries, a seemingly looming QB controversy, one of the worst coaches in the NFL, tons of cap space on a guy riding the sidelines who our management refuses to IR (Manning)... It looks like things are getting worse before they get better.

At this point we need to look to next season, so let's keep losing and grab that 1st round pick.

I can't believe you guys still want to win. I admire you guys. Do you know how many teams make the playoffs with a 0-4 opening season? Only one team has ever done it - the Chargers in 1992 as they won 11 of the last 12 games and clinched the AFC West title. Furthermore, we have mounting injuries, a seemingly looming QB controversy, one of the worst coaches in the NFL, tons of cap space on a guy riding the sidelines who our management refuses to IR (Manning)... It looks like things are getting worse before they get better.

At this point we need to look to next season, so let's keep losing and grab that 1st round pick.

I dont care about the first pick...we'll get our 7 picks next year and I'm sure they'll help...

but there's no sure thing in the draft...

and next year is not promised to us...

If there's a chance we can win the next two.....get Peyton Manning back in Decemebr and go 9-7...I want to shoot for it...

You dont give up after 4 games.

..are you sure the Bengals have the No.1 defense in the NFL???

The CINCINNATTI BENGALS....???

Dont get hung up on early season numbers...They're not Baltimore///

You obviously don't watch any other team but the Colts. The Bengals have a very good defense and they are very physical. Also, guess what else, Andy Dalton is already better than Painter or Collins. This is the reason why I keep telling people we are not gonna beat them. With all of our injuries, I don't think we stand a chance against the Bengals.

You obviously don't watch any other team but the Colts. The Bengals have a very good defense and they are very physical. Also, guess what else, Andy Dalton is already better than Painter or Collins. This is the reason why I keep telling people we are not gonna beat them. With all of our injuries, I don't think we stand a chance against the Bengals.

Another perfect example of stats lying to you.

Cleveland

Denver

SF

Buffalo

NOT GOOD OFFENSES! The Bengals have defended the run very well and have faced a series of teams that bank on their run game and struggle to pass.

Because we struggle to run and rely heavily on our passing game, we stand a good chance against this faux #1 defense. Either way, their #1 ranking with fall with each passing week.

Cleveland

Denver

SF

Buffalo

NOT GOOD OFFENSES! The Bengals have defended the run very well and have faced a series of teams that bank on their run game and struggle to pass.

Because we struggle to run and rely heavily on our passing game, we stand a good chance against this faux #1 defense. Either way, their #1 ranking with fall with each passing week.

May very well be true, but people aren't giving them any credit at all and for some reason it seems like a lot of Colts fans think we've been dominating games. Point is both teams suck. The question is, which team sucks worse? At this point, im saying it's the Colts.

Cleveland

Denver

SF

Buffalo

How is Buffalo not a good offense? They are the 4th highest scoring offense in the NFL and have good players at every position and Fitz is having a great year.

How is Buffalo not a good offense? They are the 4th highest scoring offense in the NFL and have good players at every position and Fitz is having a great year.

Again, they have played sketchy teams/defenses.

KC

OAK

NE

CINN

I'll try explaining it like this;

Rankings don't mean much after 4 weeks.

so wait Buffalo is not a good offense but Cinn is a sketchy defense?

I'm not making claims of any resolve as of now, its only been 4 weeks. Maybe Buff is a great offense, what I'm saying is these rankings aren't meaningful as of now. And I applied the term "sketchy" in regard to how these teams played in 2010. It's just too early to put any gravity to rankings by terms of total yards/points scored/points allowed/yards allowed. Too early.

I'm not making claims of any resolve as of now, its only been 4 weeks. Maybe Buff is a great offense, what I'm saying is these rankings aren't meaningful as of now. And I applied the term "sketchy" in regard to how these teams played in 2010. It's just too early to put any gravity to rankings by terms of total yards/points scored/points allowed/yards allowed. Too early.

In regards to what I said about Cincy's defense. It was not based off of stats, but of my own observations. They are a much better defense than people here think they are. Plus Dalton is improving every week. They are a better team than the Colts right now. That don't mean the Colts can't win, I just don't think they will.

In regards to what I said about Cincy's defense. It was not based off of stats, but of my own observations. They are a much better defense than people here think they are. Plus Dalton is improving every week. They are a better team than the Colts right now. That don't mean the Colts can't win, I just don't think they will.

I haven't watched them yet, nor seen a breakdown. They may well be worth this premature hyperbole. The way our offense has played, I'm thinking we aren't going to do much to lower their ranking. Cinn plays @ JAX this week, so who knows with those two.

Chiefs are missing their star RB, arguably their best defensive player and their offense is not doing well. We nearly beat the Bucs and the Steelers, so I like our chances vs the Chiefs. Vs the Bengals, that's going to be a tough game, but we stack up well against them. They're like a "not as good" Bucs, and we nearly beat the Bucs. I think we win one of the two games, and we have a good shot at winning both.

1975 Colts started 1-4. Won all their remaining games to make the playoffs. Not saying that Curtis Painter is Bert Jones, but he will get better, and everything else will flow from that.

The rest of your comments (aside from the mounting injuries) is unrelated hogwash. And some of those injuries (Brackett, Bullitt, Foster) may arguable benefit the team long term by giving promising young players a chance.

What QB controversy? The fact that Painter is outperforming Collins is wonderful for the team.

The coach is just fine - to the great disappointment of many silly people who don't like the expression on his face.

The problem with Manning is that he isn't playing, not that he isn't on IR. Are you under the impression that if we IR him they get to spend 16-23 million on free agents? Who cares if he is still on the roster - clearly nobody in the Colts organization.

You are just inventing "problems" because apparently it gives you pleasure. Some of us would derive more pleasure from the team winning some games - not to mention watching all the good young talent on this team developing in preparation for another SB run in 2012.

1975 Colts started 1-4. Won all their remaining games to make the playoffs. Not saying that Curtis Painter is Bert Jones, but he will get better, and everything else will flow from that.

The rest of your comments (aside from the mounting injuries) is unrelated hogwash. And some of those injuries (Brackett, Bullitt, Foster) may arguable benefit the team long term by giving promising young players a chance.

What QB controversy? The fact that Painter is outperforming Collins is wonderful for the team.

The coach is just fine - to the great disappointment of many silly people who don't like the expression on his face.

The problem with Manning is that he isn't playing, not that he isn't on IR. Are you under the impression that if we IR him they get to spend 16-23 million on free agents? Who cares if he is still on the roster - clearly nobody in the Colts organization.

You are just inventing "problems" because apparently it gives you pleasure. Some of us would derive more pleasure from the team winning some games - not to mention watching all the good young talent on this team developing in preparation for another SB run in 2012.

Loved Bert Jones...

3rd best Colts QB ever..right?

Way too much attention to stats...

You must have missed the Cincy-Buffalo game last week. It was in all the papers..

The Bengals lost at Denver..who has no offense.

..and Buffalo was routing your No.1 defense last week before they remembered that they were the Bills and gave the game away..

They have a rookie QB and Cedric Benson is on work-release...

Get serious.

Cincinnati will lose to Jacksonville this week...and they wont be surprised abut it...

On paper the Colts can beat both of these teams. That is paper, the Colts have injuries in key positions. If the O Line can keep Painter upright, I feel the Colts will pull both of these games out. If the D line can bring it like they did against the Steelers the Colts will be fine. Painter had some flashes in the Buc's game, he will only get better with more snaps. So 2-4 is possible. Go Colts.

For the freaking win!

If we are 5-6 going to New England..

...Curtis Painter (bless his hippie looks) wont be starting at QB..

And what makes you say that? painter is the best active qb the colts have... he will be the main reason the colts go 5-6 because he can go down the field.