Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unitaswestand

Breakdown Of Tom Moore Offense

Good read.  Simple, efficient, profound offense.  Helps when you have 18 at the core.

That 18 guy made EVERYONE better..

That 18 guy made EVERYONE better..

That 12 guy seems to be carrying on that tradition.  I hope the young Colts fans realize that not too many teams have been blessed like this.

I know my Browns buddy sure know it.

That 12 guy seems to be carrying on that tradition.  I hope the young Colts fans realize that not too many teams have been blessed like this.

I know my Browns buddy sure know it.

Unitas,Manning and now Luck.

It's just not fair..

Sorry Curtis Painter.. Your not on this list.

Unitas,Manning and now Luck.

It's just not fair..

Sorry Curtis Painter.. Your not on this list.

Bert Jones could have been a great one too.  Incredibly stupid, Rex Ryan type of move, putting him back into preseason game where he got hurt.

Good read.  Simple, efficient, profound offense.  Helps when you have 18 at the core.

Moore had a record breaking offense before he met Peyton.

Moore had a record breaking offense before he met Peyton.

Not saying Tom isn't a great coach, but other than the Lions racking up a bunch of yards in 1995, what was so record breaking of the 80's Steelers and and '94-'96 Lions?

Not saying Tom isn't a great coach, but other than the Lions racking up a bunch of yards in 1995, what was so record breaking of the 80's Steelers and and '94-'96 Lions?

I guess it wasn't record breaking at all, so long as you exclude the times when it was...

Moore definitely benefited from having Manning, but I think his simplistic approach, along with his modesty and humility, allowed Manning to really grow as a quarterback. And I still think Moore's offense has the best route combinations of any offense in the league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Steelers Moore coached the offense in 1983 to division championship when most of the best players had retired. He coached the offense to a 1984 loss in the AFC championship, again at a time when the Steelers did not have much talent.