Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore @ Denver (9-5-13) 8:30 EST

oldunclemark

I don't think Fox is the greatest coach either. I believe Denver may have had the best overall team last year, and the Ravens got hot, and a bit lucky on that last play to Jones. From the looks of it , Denver will be in the thick of it again this year. I really thought the Ravens window had closed after the brutal 2011 loss to the Patriots. Maybe the football gods gave them a break last year. All the teams that are consistent contenders, Patriots , Colts , Steelers, Ravens have all had great wins, and brutal losses. I think Denver is built for the very short term by Elway, and the post Manning era will be a disaster.

agreed, unless somehow Brock Osweiler  magically transforms into what Elway thinks he can be , but thats why they have 3 QB's active now , drafted another this yeaar as Brock so good or drafting a backup of vthe future for Brock now, crazy, Roster spot waste, example only 4 WR , 5th is little holiday they say

Brock was a waste last year and as 2nd pick, man thgey could of had both Doug Martin and wolfe if didnt trade back a second time and take brock after wolfe in second round, & Martin may have run for that playoff wwinning  first down and then wouldnt of had to draft a RB that fast this year but later a backup for Martin

& they traded down to get Hillman and lost the extra pick they got by trading back in the first place ,Well as they say such is life

have a good weekend

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Brock thing was stupid...even if Peyton couldn't have played Brock couldn't have helped that team and I don't think he is going to anytime soon. That said I don't think this team is doomed after Peyton. First off Peyton is going to play out that contract...he isn't retiring until he has the records save a career ending injury. They have GREAT young playmakers on this team at RB and WR and they have one of the best pass rushers in the game and a some talent at lb and dl that is young. I think this team will be good for awhile...but certainly we know...with no qb...you have no chance. After Peyton they better have an answer...and Brock won't be it.

I think the Brock thing was stupid...even if Peyton couldn't have played Brock couldn't have helped that team and I don't think he is going to anytime soon. That said I don't think this team is doomed after Peyton. First off Peyton is going to play out that contract...he isn't retiring until he has the records save a career ending injury. They have GREAT young playmakers on this team at RB and WR and they have one of the best pass rushers in the game and a some talent at lb and dl that is young. I think this team will be good for awhile...but certainly we know...with no qb...you have no chance. After Peyton they better have an answer...and Brock won't be it.

Brock was an extremely stupid draft pick, but honestly who did they miss out on?

•  
2 57 Denver Broncos Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State Pac-12  
  •  
2 58 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Lavonte David LB Nebraska Big Ten from Houston [R2 - 10]
  •  
2 – New Orleans Saints selection forfeited as part of the punishment for the team's bounty scandal [Forfeited picks 1]
  •  
2 59 Philadelphia Eagles Vinny Curry DE Marshall C-USA from Green Bay [R2 - 11]
  •  
2 60 Baltimore Ravens Kelechi Osemele G Iowa State Big 12  
  •  
2 61 San Francisco 49ers LaMichael James RB Oregon Pac-12  
  •  
2 62 Green Bay Packers Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt SEC from New England [R2 - 12]
  •  
2 63 New York Giants Rueben Randle WR LSU SEC  
  •  
3 64 Indianapolis Colts Dwayne Allen TE Clemson ACC  
  •  
3 65 St. Louis Rams Trumaine Johnson CB Montana Big Sky  
  •  
3 66 Minnesota Vikings Josh Robinson CB Central Florida C-USA  
  •  
3 67 Denver Broncos Ronnie Hillman RB San Diego State MWC from Cleveland [R3 - 1]

That's probably why SW1 doesn't play fantasy football. Too many numbers, decimal points, & mathematical equations. I prefer instinct & feel as opposed to formulas, algorithms, & scientific laws of gravity & nature. 

If it was up to Peyton, he would have definitely taken his shot at the endzone. Absolutely! 

If I was a betting person if the same situation happens again I can see Peyton going for it whether Fox likes it or not. haha  I think he could have gotten close enough for a FG and the game wouldn't even have gone into OT.  JMO of course. :)

Brock was an extremely stupid draft pick, but honestly who did they miss out on?

•  
2 57 Denver Broncos Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State Pac-12  
  •  
2 58 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Lavonte David LB Nebraska Big Ten from Houston [R2 - 10]
  •  
2 – New Orleans Saints selection forfeited as part of the punishment for the team's bounty scandal [Forfeited picks 1]
  •  
2 59 Philadelphia Eagles Vinny Curry DE Marshall C-USA from Green Bay [R2 - 11]
  •  
2 60 Baltimore Ravens Kelechi Osemele G Iowa State Big 12  
  •  
2 61 San Francisco 49ers LaMichael James RB Oregon Pac-12  
  •  
2 62 Green Bay Packers Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt SEC from New England [R2 - 12]
  •  
2 63 New York Giants Rueben Randle WR LSU SEC  
  •  
3 64 Indianapolis Colts Dwayne Allen TE Clemson ACC  
  •  
3 65 St. Louis Rams Trumaine Johnson CB Montana Big Sky  
  •  
3 66 Minnesota Vikings Josh Robinson CB Central Florida C-USA  
  •  
3 67 Denver Broncos Ronnie Hillman RB San Diego State MWC from Cleveland [R3 - 1]

I don't know who they would have taken but it is always a risk. I probably would have looked at corner too but I would rather have Russell Wilson if I was them. Also Lavonte David had an IMPRESSIVE rookie year too. 139 tackles (20 for loss) 2 sacks..nothing wrong with that kid but they have decent LBs. In all honesty I just like several other qbs better like Cousins and Wilson before Osweiler....probably would have taken one of those two.

Osweiler is a smart pick... Manning signed for 5 years....

..and then they hope to slide the big kid in as ready as he can be. 

...or he' s ripe trade bait who can draw a No.1

..and there's great protection vs. injury...Osweiler looked pretty good in the pre-season.

Much better than last year.

Denver's draft record (see Julius Thomas) is pretty good

I don't know who they would have taken but it is always a risk. I probably would have looked at corner too but I would rather have Russell Wilson if I was them. Also Lavonte David had an IMPRESSIVE rookie year too. 139 tackles (20 for loss) 2 sacks..nothing wrong with that kid but they have decent LBs. In all honesty I just like several other qbs better like Cousins and Wilson before Osweiler....probably would have taken one of those two.

Everybody says they would have taken Russell Wilson but all 32 teams passed him twice

I know what your saying...I'm no geuru or anything...I didn't have him pegged to be Drew Brees 2.0 but come on....Brock Osweiler?!

I would have passed on him in the first rd too...but I would never have taken Brock Osweiler before him....or Cousins...or about 2 or 3 other qbs in taken after him. 6'8 statue.

agreed, unless somehow Brock Osweiler  magically transforms into what Elway thinks he can be , but thats why they have 3 QB's active now , drafted another this yeaar as Brock so good or drafting a backup of vthe future for Brock now, crazy, Roster spot waste, example only 4 WR , 5th is little holiday they say

Brock was a waste last year and as 2nd pick, man thgey could of had both Doug Martin and wolfe if didnt trade back a second time and take brock after wolfe in second round, & Martin may have run for that playoff wwinning  first down and then wouldnt of had to draft a RB that fast this year but later a backup for Martin

& they traded down to get Hillman and lost the extra pick they got by trading back in the first place ,Well as they say such is life

have a good weekend

everybody's a genius in hindsight.....hasn't Denver drafted well?

I would have passed on him in the first rd too...but I would never have taken Brock Osweiler before him....or Cousins...or about 2 or 3 other qbs in taken after him. 6'8 statue.

dg..

I wouldnt have taken Cousins at all.(in 1,2  or 3) .I'll be honest...didn't like him.

and Osweiler was pretty good in the pre-saeson which is all we have to go on..

But, I agree, if Manning plays out his contract (through 2016)  in the time between now and then..you could have selected someone else.

dg..

I wouldnt have taken Cousins at all.(in 1,2  or 3) .I'll be honest...didn't like him.

But, I agree, if Manning plays out his contract (through 2016)  in the time between now and then..you could have selected someone else.

Its easy in hindsight but I was not impressed with him at Arizona St. I watched Cousins at Mich. St. and was always very impressed....and the stuff I saw with Gruden on RW....really impressed with whats between his ears....I probably wouldn't have taken a second rd qb realistically but there were several I rated above Osweiler.

dg..

I also have his entire senior season at ASU, during which I was less than impressed with him.  I'm not a big fan of Cousins either but I'd have taken him over Osweiler, but imo Foles was far better than either of them.  I thought Osweiler should have stayed at ASU for at least another year.  

Okay that is why I asked, lol. Again terrible pick with Brock. Denver could have had Heyward or Allen.

Honestly I thought you were being sarcastic because almost anyone on your list could have been a good pick up for them.  Osemele is the starting LG at Baltimore.  Drafting him could have saved them from having to pay Vazquez.  Hayward is a very good CB that rumor says Pagano and Manusky REALLY wanted.  One of them reportedly threw something at a wall when GB traded up and took him.  Reuben Randle is a very good WR and could make Hakeen Nicks expendable next year if Nicks decides he wants more than the Giants think he's worth.  Josh Robinson was a pretty highly regarded CB also but I don't know as much about him as Hayward. 

Okay that is why I asked, lol. Again terrible pick with Brock. Denver could have had Heyward or Allen.

Osemele was a key in fortifying the ravens offensive line last season....and looks to be a keeper. And as someone else pointed out, Lavonte David was excellent.

The Ravens fell apart more when Michael Oher went out. Losing him and jones was just too much , although I don't think we would have won anyway. Had Dallas Clark caught the football , it would have been 21 -14. Had the refs got the call right on the Welket drop , we would then have had the ball when Denver punted. Maybe Denver would not have had the momentum to roll up the score like they did, but I still think Denver would have won anyway. It was a bad set of circumstances with a rebuilding Ravens team , against a crafty old pro. No excuses, just a loss.

everybody's a genius in hindsight.....hasn't Denver drafted well?

Thais pick is & was my only true Peeve at the time of the Pick , not in hindsight, they were in a win now mode, that's why i really don't like it, had plenty of time to get another QB another year, and did this year

Should have taken a pick at 29 and they admitted might have taken   Doug Martin as was high on draft  board 

If didnt say win now mode and draft to win now prior to draft  it wouldn't of got to me at the time as much

and with trading back twice and ending up with 1 extra pick u then had to give it back as was afraid someone would take Hillman so u traded down for him, I'd of taken Martin and was hoping they would as they knew Willis time was limited with age, though he left earlier than i thought due to injury, would of taken Ballard above Hillman too but that's not type of back they wanted 

anyway I would of taken Martin , and hoped to still get Wolfe in round 2 as many thought he went early anyway and then someone other than Hillman  when that original pick came around, or traded down if loved Wolfe that much and afraid he still would of been taken before original 2nd round pick

Again its the combination of saying drafting to win now and taking Brock that bothers me as he is developmental and not a win now pick , so it was contrary to what Elway said he would do 

I love wolfe , and most of Elway picks , just not win now and draft Brock as 2nd pick after getting peyton

Only took rime to answer u about hindsight as I said this at the time of the pick, o will be busy rest of day and next few at least and here quite sparingly

go COLTS

Of course  u never know about a pick, wasnt Marvin Austin , a 2nd round pick just let go or something and he was highly praised DT coming out if i have my names & memory correct, think though he once had a bad injury  after that first year, but never reaally showed much in limited action, But Giants  were deep along DL   so may not have expected him to play much when 1st got him