Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore @ Denver (9-5-13) 8:30 EST

oldunclemark

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

upper 80s during the day....upper 70s by game time..20% chance of rain..

..any rain helps Baltimore.....they need to run all night and shorten this game

Hillman cant hold a dry ball let alone a wet one ,

have great weekend, thats my 1 comment

21 points off bogus calls/non calls isn't likely to happen again. Then again, neither are two return TD's from Denver's special teams. This will probably be a close game.

No Von Miller hurts, but the pass rush was a non factor last time and Denver still should have won it.  Even if their defense kinda sucks now, Denver probably has an improved ability to put points up. The chief suspect for the Bronco's offense is, once again, the running game and fumbilitis. (From both the backs and receivers.)

.....Why does the run game issue sound so familiar? Oh right.... see every Colts team after 2007. Although we couldn't/still can't pass block either. We're a bit better run blocking now, but the pass protection is still bottom of the barrell putrid. Here's hoping Luck survives another season.

21 points off bogus calls/non calls isn't likely to happen again. Then again, neither are two return TD's from Denver's special teams. This will probably be a close game.

No Von Miller hurts, but the pass rush was a non factor last time and Denver still should have won it.  Even if their defense kinda sucks now, Denver probably has an improved ability to put points up. The chief suspect for the Bronco's offense is, once again, the running game and fumbilitis. (From both the backs and receivers.)

.....Why does the run game issue sound so familiar? Oh right.... see every Colts team after 2007. Although we couldn't/still can't pass block either. We're a bit better run blocking now, but the pass protection is still bottom of the barrell putrid. Here's hoping Luck survives another season.

Keep in mind (and I know you already know) that everything we THINK about all teams so far is an assumption.

We don't really know what Denver's running game and pass rush will be Thursday night...

I think the lack of Ed Reed in the secondary and his experience against Peyton...is the key to this...

Should be high-scoring if it doenst rain

Finally, a thread about a real football game. :)  I am so ready for real football.

I like the Ravens in this game based on their defense which I think on paper is much better then Denver's. I like their ability to get to Peyton and I don't like Denver's chances to get to Flacco.

I think the key to this game is Ray Rice. If he has a good game and controls the clock then I think it will be tough for Denver. Flacco still has two pretty good WRs on the outside that caused havoc for the Denver secondary in the playoffs. Still though, I am interested to see how he does with the pressure of the new contract and no Boldin or Pitta.

For some reason, I think this game may not reach the 30s in scoring. I could see mid 20's.

Finally, a thread about a real football game. :) I am so ready for real football.

I like the Ravens in this game based on their defense which I think on paper is much better then Denver's. I like their ability to get to Peyton and I don't like Denver's chances to get to Flacco.

I think the key to this game is Ray Rice. If he has a good game and controls the clock then I think it will be tough for Denver. Flacco still has two pretty good WRs on the outside that caused havoc for the Denver secondary in the playoffs. Still though, I am interested to see how he does with the pressure of the new contract and no Boldin or Pitta.

For some reason, I think this game may not reach the 30s in scoring. I could see mid 20's.

ok, now does anyone have something positive to say about Denver?

oooh, ooh.. well lets see, they have 'The Sheriff'... they have Welker, DT, Decker, Vasques, Clady on offense.

Defense they are getting Wolfe back, DRC, Adams, Carter, Woodyard, Phillips and are hungry and sick of the media and people saying how bad they are just for loosing 1 good player. (and no, i dont think Dumberville was that good)

they are playing in Denver where the 12th man is going to make Flakeos day a living hell. especially after the poster fiasco.

all in all, I see a butt whooping coming to the Ravens.

ok, now does anyone have something positive to say about Denver?

oooh, ooh.. well lets see, they have 'The Sheriff'... they have Welker, DT, Decker, Vasques, Clady on offense.

Defense they are getting Wolfe back, DRC, Adams, Carter, Woodyard, Phillips and are hungry and sick of the media and people saying how bad they are just for loosing 1 good player. (and no, i dont think Dumberville was that good)

they are playing in Denver where the 12th man is going to make Flakeos day a living heck. especially after the poster fiasco.

all in all, I see a butt whooping coming to the Ravens.

Think Balt replaced D with good players, Doomervile with Ngataa gives them their best ever sack potential and haav great D line, will miss all the experience behind that but have some good rookies , if they perform, and some decent free agent pick ups

Denver offense should be strong as long as dont hurt themselves and  it has capability to offset whatever losses they have without Miler & doom , it will come down to a matter of execution, ?? marks on D have to do is champ healthy, also DRC to lesseor extent.  Champ  will be listed as questionable probably and supposedly didnt practice much from what heard on TV, Even if is in expect the DBs all around to be tested ,  

Wolfe is another D question mark but hopefully will play

Malik Jackson has taken a 2nd year advance and has shown some good moves & capable of stepping up, if not this game with few more under his belt

Hiilman didnt fumble last year , hopefuly was just an aberration , Holiday is feast or famine we all know that

If Philips plays with intensity and  sly rotates in and pressures pocket it wwill; prevent deep throws, I heard Flacco is devveloping a rapport with stokely thanks to Peyton rejuvenating him and Stockleys own suggestions

havent heard a word about dallas clark

all in aall I think Denver O got better , D worse and feel Raven O worse but D may suprise but Peyton can overcome that even though running on Balt has and always will be hard

Have a great holiday, I am off , this is only comment

I see a Broncos 31-20 win, along those lines. Ravens' D will make some plays but won't be consistent enough against a good pass protecting O-line when both Clady and Vasquez are in the line up.

Jammer moved back to CB along with Champ and DRC will be a bit too much for the outside wideouts that are being relied upon heavily with the Ravens to handle, IMO.

I'm worried about Denver's ability to get off the field on 3rd down. I see a lot of 3rd and 2s and 1's and it will be hard to play those downs when they aren't obvious passing downs. Baltimore still has an impressive front...and perhaps a better pass rush than last year. Ngata will give Peyton and that line fits up the middle and with Suggs and Doom coming off the end...I look for a lot of short, quick passes. I will say the middle of the field should be more open with the subtractions of Reed, Lewis, and Ellerbee I think the voids left will allow Peyton to work the middle of the field where he could never do that before. I don't think it will be a shoot out in the sense of the 30's...I expect some field goals along the way and more like a 27-26 Denver win. I think it will be close unless there are big turnovers on either side.

Finally, a thread about a real football game. :)  I am so ready for real football.

Champ Bailey is questionable and I dont know how Denver is going to sack Flacco without blitzing.

..there's going to be single coverage

(and yes, it is good to be talking about a real game that ACTUALLY COUNTS. Seems like the off-season is longer every year)

I'm not worried about Doomerville. Broncos fans pointed out Doomerville only succeeds in garbage time. It was a huge topic when I popped in around the fax mishap.

Hillman was very good in the playoff game last year....and he didn't fumble..

Still couldn't pass block. That is why the Broncos were "slow" after Knowshon left the game..

Champ Bailey is questionable and I dont know how Denver is going to sack Flacco without blitzing.

..there's going to be single coverage

(and yes, it is good to be talking about a real game that ACTUALLY COUNTS. Seems like the off-season is longer every year)

I am amazed Denver now has 3 active QB's , only 4 WR , ( Holiday is # 5 ) That Brock Pick looks even worse now, and Zac Dysert , sp ? , is he being groomed to  be brocks backup or future starter, weird u have Peyton but keep drafting QB's in in now mode, at least Zac was late pick, but stiill roster space is valuable

The one with an improved front seven and a healthy Terrell Suggs, Ladarius Webb and Jimmy Smith

true and good early Defensive picks if pan out

Hope had good holiday, its back to dem docs again today, I have a calender I take with me with Colt games to Drs so know to try  not to schedule one the day after, esp if a night game, a habit i just got into , sometimes have too

sometimes have too as to many drs

But u know i have nothing sched after this seasons Thurs   opener of course , Real football & start of season is sacred

Hillman was very good in the playoff game last year....and he didn't fumble..

in my comment #10 in review of both teams i noted Re Fumbles

Hiilman didn't fumble last year , hopeful was just an aberration   , Holiday is feast or famine we all know that

-------------------------------------

When i say aberration  I mean (((  by aberation i mean preseason jitters or something  Re  becoming 1st string and maybe trying to hard for that extra yard , etc  & all he has to do is just play his game , that is blocking somewhat better  , catch and his now more decisive cuts )))

------------------------------------------------------------------

soo basically I am in agreement and he has great upside compared to last year , still wish had Willis instead of 3rd QB & Lacy instead of Ball untill when  & if ball fully grasps the play calling & blocking ,  Lacy just bigger & if no issue this year with his toe , then broncos would have picked him so that's a wait & see

anyway, now to get ready, Medicine to be surgically  implanted and then an IV this am, and then check on Moms 6 mini procedures from last week,just doesnt stop thats why posted in misc

http://forums.colts.com/topic/19749-life-is-good-but-this-is-a-sad-post-from-me-forum-friends-please-read-re-my-future-here/#entry546528

I'm not worried about Doomerville. Broncos fans pointed out Doomerville only succeeds in garbage time. It was a huge topic when I popped in around the fax mishap.

Still couldn't pass block. That is why the Broncos were "slow" after Knowshon left the game..

Doom has Suggs and Ngata along the line with him which means he will probably see a lot of one-on-one action. He could have a big year similar to the way Adalius Thomas did when he was surrounded by the great Ravens talent.

Watched that tape many times.......Denver's final drive was solid....

I thought Hillman was excellent in that game..and he's bigger now than he was and just as fast...

I agree on Elvis but somebody has to emerge as a pass rush threat for 6 games....at least.

If you make Flacco move.....you stop him. But if he stands still and fires....well....he showed what he can do late last year..

I would be very surprised if Denver racks up 41 against that defense

Baltimore's defense has never played one full game together as a team.....and there is a fatigue factor in Denver..

Denver scored 35 last year without Welker and the new TE...in 7-degree weather

..The Broncos O-line is better than it was last January...obviuosly

Baltimore's defense has never played one full game together as a team.....and there is a fatigue factor in Denver..

Denver scored 35 last year without Welker and the new TE...in 7-degree weather

..The Broncos O-line is better than it was last January...obviuosly

14 of those points were ST

Flacco will get time due to pass rush issues for Denver. But then, he will take coverage sacks since there aren't many sure hands to help him out underneath other than Ray Rice, IMO. So, it could be a boom or bust offense if the Broncos' D makes an adjustment to take away Rice underneath.

Flacco and the Ravens would prefer a clock control game this time if the Broncos provide safety help due to Flacco's arm to the outside CBs. Lots of running from the Ravens is what I expect in this one unlike the previous one where Flacco aired it out.

Thus, lesser possessions and lesser points for Peyton and the offense but I expect them to score 3 TDs at least and that is why a 27-20 or 31-24 game is something I envision. The game ends on a Ravens' fail Mary unlike the playoff game :).

Broncos win by a TD, I am feeling it.

Flacco will get time due to pass rush issues for Denver. But then, he will take coverage sacks since there aren't many sure hands to help him out underneath other than Ray Rice, IMO. So, it could be a boom or bust offense if the Broncos' D makes an adjustment to take away Rice underneath.

Flacco and the Ravens would prefer a clock control game this time if the Broncos provide safety help due to Flacco's arm to the outside CBs. Lots of running from the Ravens is what I expect in this one unlike the previous one where Flacco aired it out.

Thus, lesser possessions and lesser points for Peyton and the offense but I expect them to score 3 TDs at least and that is why a 27-20 or 31-24 game is something I envision. The game ends on a Ravens' fail Mary unlike the playoff game :).

Broncos win by a TD, I am feeling it.

Supposedly he has been working with stockley for the underneath routes to prevent coverage sacks

also doubt bailey plays , hasn't yet practiced, if does how effective and can re injure self

and they scored 34 four weeks earlier at Baltimore, remember?  They averaged 34.5 against Baltimore last year.

This Denver offense was good and is better...

Defense? not so much.

I already pointed out its not the same defense, remember?

Thanks Gramz.... :yes:   You are correct...I think

..up here in the Chicago area....we get confused a lot on when things start on Eastern time or Denver's mountain time :dunno:

You're welcome. I have a "vast amount" of "useless" information, and every once in awhile, some "useful" as well. ;)

Put me in the column of people who think the Baltimore defense could be at least as good as last years.  Daryl Smith is gonna be a player for them and Ed Reed didn't play well last year.

I still think Denver wins, but mostly because I'm a Peyton Manning quasi-homer.