Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 08/30

sb41champs

I thought Howell and Asante both played well, but am almost certain that not both of them will make the 53. I really like our depth at safety. Also, Mario Harvey proved himself, which I think is a driving factor for Conner turning into trade bait.

I didn't see the game, but I listened to the Colts broadcast.  I don't know how he played, but I love the fact that M. Hughes wanted to go back in the game after he was slightly injured.  That's the kind of attitude I love.

I think our D line is going to lose at least one pretty good player.  I'm not sure who's the odd man (men) out.

I am now confident that I don't know much about football because I watched Ijalana on just about every snap, I saw he didn't get beat once and he is one of the guys that doesn't make the 53 roster.  

I confess that I didn't see that game, but I still don't get that.  Okay, he was playing against their second team, sure.  But footwork is footwork, it's either good (like you said) or not. 

I'd love to have faith in our O line coaches, and I understand that they don't want to say anything negative about a player.  But I'd love to know what he's missing if they do decide to cut him.

I confess that I didn't see that game, but I still don't get that.  Okay, he was playing against their second team, sure.  But footwork is footwork, it's either good (like you said) or not. 

I'd love to have faith in our O line coaches, and I understand that they don't want to say anything negative about a player.  But I'd love to know what he's missing if they do decide to cut him.

Agree I don't get either, is it fear of him getting hurt, is it footwork or strength, is it he is a Pollian guy or is it because health wise they don't think he is ready, or rusty. There is absolutely no way he is worse than McGlynn!! Still pulling for him!!

Can't start a new thread yet.... Please, describe for me the preason game #4 takeaways... I'll get to watch the replay on NFLN on Monday, I think. But I have to know now...

Did Thorton play well enough to bench McGlynn?

Did Rayford get 10 more sacks, solidifying his spot on the 53?

What about Reed? What about K Williams?

Any "takeaways" from the final preseason game would be appreciated.

I can look for them when I finally get to watch the game even. Win-win situation.

Much appreciated.

Can't start a new thread yet.... Please, describe for me the preason game #4 takeaways... I'll get to watch the replay on NFLN on Monday, I think. But I have to know now...

Did Thorton play well enough to bench McGlynn?

Did Rayford get 10 more sacks, solidifying his spot on the 53?

What about Reed? What about K Williams?

Any "takeaways" from the final preseason game would be appreciated.

I can look for them when I finally get to watch the game even. Win-win situation.

Much appreciated.

From what I saw, Thornton looked good, Khaled Holmes was also starting and also looked solid at centre. Thornton should be the starter by week 3 at the latest. Whereas I anticipate Khaled becoming the starter maybe next season. Caesar looked good again, held the edge well against the run and got a few nice pressures. Didn't notice Reed much. Williams looked good running, but aggressively mediocre on ST.

Hope this helps.

I like Cunningham and Dominic Jones as TE's to make the team and get rid of fragile Fleener but this will never happen. One of these guys should make the team and the other will be stashed on the practice squad to be called up when Fleener eventually goes out with a hangnail. O.o

You can't be serious??   :facepalm:  :giveup:

I like Cunningham and Dominic Jones as TE's to make the team and get rid of fragile Fleener but this will never happen. One of these guys should make the team and the other will be stashed on the practice squad to be called up when Fleener eventually goes out with a hangnail. O.o

They are going to give Fleener every chance to play as a starter.  As long as he is not out injured, he is going to start.

If he keeps getting hurt and being out of the lineup for multiple games at a time, the Colts WILL move on from Fragile Fleener...but it will take a few years.

Cunningham has been pretty bad thus far.

assante he was all over the field and I believe he had the most tackles.

Nevis looked good putting pressure on the QB... giving we didn't have much PR.  he did miss some runs, but his motor is NON Stop.

Harvey looked good ...

I hope and think they will make the team..

Rayford .. was there but probably his weakest game... I think & Hope he makes it