Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its not Caldwell'd fault

amff

Another embarrassing performance by Caldwell, Coyer and Chritensen(2nd half).

Exactly...how many games has it been now where we are consistently burnt over the middle of the field because our tampa 2 MLB is 20 yards back in the secondary? Competent coaches and coordinators would have at least made a few adjustments for that problem over the last 5 games. Our coaches don't even know the meaning of the word adjustment.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly...how many games has it been now where we are consistently burnt over the middle of the field because our tampa 2 MLB is 20 yards back in the secondary? Competent coaches and coordinators would have at least made a few adjustments for that problem over the last 5 games. Our coaches don't even know the meaning of the word adjustment.

You do know we didn't play much Tampa 2 today right? They were burning our corners in man coverage because we weren't in the Tampa 2 because the linebackers were playing up. This goes on the players. They weren't tackling, couldn't cover people, were getting blown off the ball, and dropping passes.

The Coaches did adjust why do you think we tried three different corners toady? All of them got burned. The problem is Lacey is honestly our second best corner and that isn't a good thing.

The coaches made the adjustments the fans were screaming for after Monday night. What happened? They got burned worse. Maybe that's why Coyer stayed in the base Tampa-2 on Monday because he was right our young guys just aren't good enough to play man on the outside. The problem is a lack of talent on defense not the coaching. Just because they make adjustments and they don't work doesn't mean they aren't making adjustments and trying different things. The Colts tried different things today we just didn't have good enough players or they at least weren't making plays.

That goes on offense too where we called good plays only to see guys like Clark dropping key passes that killed drives. If he catches those very catchable passes then those drives stay alive and we stay on the field much longer in the second half.

The players didn't make plays today. That goes on them not on the coaching. Changing the coaches isn't going to make the players better.

You do know we didn't play much Tampa 2 today right? They were burning our corners in man coverage because we weren't in the Tampa 2 because the linebackers were playing up. This goes on the players. They weren't tackling, couldn't cover people, were getting blown off the ball, and dropping passes.

The Coaches did adjust why do you think we tried three different corners toady? All of them got burned. The problem is Lacey is honestly our second best corner and that isn't a good thing.

The coaches made the adjustments the fans were screaming for after Monday night. What happened? They got burned worse. Maybe that's why Coyer stayed in the base Tampa-2 on Monday because he was right our young guys just aren't good enough to play man on the outside. The problem is a lack of talent on defense not the coaching. Just because they make adjustments and they don't work doesn't mean they aren't making adjustments and trying different things. The Colts tried different things today we just didn't have good enough players or they at least weren't making plays.

That goes on offense too where we called good plays only to see guys like Clark dropping key passes that killed drives. If he catches those very catchable passes then those drives stay alive and we stay on the field much longer in the second half.

The players didn't make plays today. That goes on them not on the coaching. Changing the coaches isn't going to make the players better.

Trying to defend this coaching staff is laughable at best. So it took them 4+ games to FINALLY realize "Hey, maybe we should try something else?" Hilarious... And you also want to place the blame on the corners for not playing well in man coverage? Any competent coordinator/coach would realize he doesn't have the talent at CB to play straight up man coverage and would have maybe played a short to mid zone with some safety help over the top? Just maybe? Calling up man coverage when you can see that you corners are getting lit up is still a coaching fail, no matter how you try and pretty it up. Mod Edit

No personal shots please

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 10, 2011 - Unnecessary and somewhat inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, October 10, 2011 - Unnecessary and somewhat inflammatory

Trying to defend this coaching staff is laughable at best. So it took them 4+ games to FINALLY realize "Hey, maybe we should try something else?" Hilarious... And you also want to place the blame on the corners for not playing well in man coverage? Any competent coordinator/coach would realize he doesn't have the talent at CB to play straight up man coverage and would have maybe played a short to mid zone with some safety help over the top? Just maybe? Calling up man coverage when you can see that you corners are getting lit up is still a coaching fail, no matter how you try and pretty it up. Now please post me a couple paragraph rebuttal mr. football genius. :neener:

Be careful you might hurt some feelings.

Yep, all I hear are crickets in the background. Pretty much what I expected. nada.

Ah, sweet memories. I don't think I've heard that since high school.

For what it's worth, I disagree completely with all the bile being spilled in this topic, but trying to express a reasonable thought here would be about as productive as shaving in a Piranha tank using a straight razor. Not a productive use of my time, thank you anyway for the kind invitation.

Please resume your feeding frenzy. Sorry for the rude interruption. I'm sure that there are actual conversations going on elsewhere in this forum.

For what it's worth, I disagree completely with all the bile being spilled in this topic, but trying to express a reasonable thought here would be about as productive as shaving in a Piranha tank using a straight razor. Not a productive use of my time, thank you anyway for the kind invitation.

Please resume your feeding frenzy. Sorry for the rude interruption. I'm sure that there are actual conversations going on elsewhere in this forum.

Actually, unless you were afraid of the piranhas, you would be fine...they dont generally eat anything just for fun, just things in distress....so I guess you could say if the Colts were in piranha infested waters, they would be in trouble.

Just trying to inject a little humor....

This is the saddest day in my long history of a Colts fan. We might have one of the worst coaches in the league, and people are so blinded by homerism that they dont see it. Look, I read someones excuse for Caldwell that a bad coach doesnt lead a team to the Superbowl. Well, that was his first season. He still had coach Moore, who masterminded this offense, and coach Mudd, who built a great o-line for Petyon. So please stop acting like Caldwells coaching expertice was the reason we went to the Superbowl again. Oh by the way, we lost the game and we were up by 10. The truth that everyone needs to wake up to is that Peyton is old. He might come back and win again, But we just dont know. What we know for certain is that Caldwell is a joke, this defense cant win us games, and our offense will only be as good as you saw it today. That is the future of the Colts if the front office doesnt do something. And yes a bad head coach has taken a team to the superbowl.His name is John Fox and I still cant believe this man has a head coaching position. Denver sucks even worse now. he has an overall record of 78-74. Thats not horrible but it is bad.

Amen Caldwell was along for the ride when the Colts went the the superbowl and was out coached big time. I think this guy is worse than Jim Mora and he was pretty darn bad.

But you felt the need to tell us anyway,thanks.