Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keriyn Williams

I was hoping he'd lay an egg so that we could stash him on the practice squad. ;)

In all seriousness, I think we keep him on the final 53. If Allen and Fleener are ready, no sense in keeping Dominique Jones. And I believe Jones is PS eligible, so we could much more easily hide him away if we wanted.

I was hoping he'd lay an egg so that we could stash him on the practice squad. ;)

In all seriousness, I think we keep him on the final 53. If Allen and Fleener are ready, no sense in keeping Dominique Jones. And I believe Jones is PS eligible, so we could much more easily hide him away if we wanted.

Jones caught the only TD tonight.

Williams played great tonight showed great speed and vision. Thornton and Holmes both played great as well opened up some good running lanes for Williams.

Holmes played?      That's new!     And he looked good?

If so,  that's going to disappoint some Colts' fans who seem to determine to pronounce him a bust and that we need to spend a #1 next year to replace him.

Goodness,  where does that stuff come from??      :facepalm:

From what Ive seen Williams is a far better running back than any kind of return guy. He shows good vision and nice burst. I think I would take him over Donald. Think its time we part ways with Donald

I agree with you most will disagree with both if us tho lol

Holmes played? That's new! And he looked good?

If so, that's going to disappoint some Colts' fans who seem to determine to pronounce him a bust and that we need to spend a #1 next year to replace him.

Goodness, where does that stuff come from?? :facepalm:

Khaled Holmes started today. And who called Khaled Holmes a bust? I never heard that one

Holmes played?      That's new!     And he looked good?

If so,  that's going to disappoint some Colts' fans who seem to determine to pronounce him a bust and that we need to spend a #1 next year to replace him.

Goodness,  where does that stuff come from??      :facepalm:

Are you saying people were calling Holmes a bust. I had not seen that on any of the posts. He has been injured all during camp.

From what Ive seen Williams is a far better running back than any kind of return guy.  He shows good vision and nice burst.  I think I would take him over Donald.  Think its time we part ways with Donald

Bah... DB is the 2nd best back on the team behind Bradshaw (who is a ? ATM) He is an underrated blocker and pass catcher and has good speed, balance, ect... lacks vision, but its hard to see beyond the backs of the O-Lineman being pushed into the backfield every season. Grigs made the right decision, parting ways with Carter, but it would be a mistake to get rid of Brown because a 7th round pick looks good in preseason.... even if he looks really good.

Bah... DB is the 2nd best back on the team behind Bradshaw (who is a ? ATM) He is an underrated blocker and pass catcher and has good speed, balance, ect... lacks vision, but its hard to see beyond the backs of the O-Lineman being pushed into the backfield every season. Grigs made the right decision, parting ways with Carter, but it would be a mistake to get rid of Brown because a 7th round pick looks good in preseason.... even if he looks really good.

You may disagree about Williams but brown is not the second best RB that's Ballard for sure

Are you saying people were calling Holmes a bust. I had not seen that on any of the posts. He has been injured all during camp.

I never saw where anyone called Holmes a bust...there was a knock on him for not having much physical strength for the position....as in "hit the weight room".

DB might of been the 2nd best back on the team (arguable) last year but he is 3rd or 4th now.  Screw it DB just sux.

That's my point, even if our O line does get pushed back Donald should at least bounce to the outside sometimes.  For being a quick RB he constantly runs up the back of our O line or runs right into the pile.  I think he has talent but his vision is awful.  I agree our O line hasn't been the best but I'm ready to give someone else a shot and wasn't Alfred Morris a 6th round pick?  That's what the preseason is for, to see what kind of player you got in the later rounds.  I'm not saying he's Morris but I do think he looks better than Brown.  I say give the kid a shot, hell he might jump over the O line instead of running up them

DB might of been the 2nd best back on the team (arguable) last year but he is 3rd or 4th now.  Screw it DB just sux.

He was our best back in the preseason. We're all assuming Bradshaw is #1. You may not like him, but you can't dispute the stats.

His only issue is staying healthy. Ballard is better at that.

Donald Brown Sucks when compared to Williams who has already passed Browns average yardage. Brown has never performed well throughout the regular season ever, averaging 3 yards at best a carry. I think Williams  would average 8 to 12 yards. I also, think he would be a better blocker than some would think. Williams has speed, vision, great awareness. If he doesn't make the team I will be shocked. Though I am tired of seeing Brown suck in regular season play. He needs to go. Everyone I know is tired of Donald and would absolutely love to see the Colts part ways with him. He is not made for the NFL as a RB.

You really shouldn't drink and post...

Brown has never performed well throughout the regular season ever, averaging 3 yards at best a carry. 

Actually at best he was top 10 in YPC in 2011. He's never been close to 3 YPC.

I think Williams  would average 8 to 12 yards.

LOLWUT? You realize the nfl record is 6.3 right?

He was our best back in the preseason. We're all assuming Bradshaw is #1. You may not like him, but you can't dispute the stats.

As some coaches say availability is more important than ability.

Brown is a better pass catcher and blocker than Ballard and that's about it. 

Ballard is more elusive, better at breaking tackles, better at getting yards after contact, better at not dancing in the backfield, ect.....

Brown is a better pass catcher and blocker than Ballard and that's about it. 

Ballard is more elusive, better at breaking tackles, better at getting yards after contact, better at not dancing in the backfield, ect.....

Well, they had the same average yards per carry last year.  So, the stats don't support you.  

I'm not saying Ballard is bad or Brown is great, just that Brown is a better all around back than Ballard, except for health.

And as Atapci pointed out, that's an important quality.

Well, they had the same average yards per carry last year.  So, the stats don't support you.  

Those stats don't tell the whole story. Brown only got yardage when the O-line was able to open up a hole for him.

Ballard got more yards independent of the O-line. 

Ballard was eighth in the league in forced missed tackles/rush and 9th in the league in yards after contact. He was also top 15 in broken tackles (he broke a tackle on 9.6% of his runs) while Brown was bottom 10 in broken tackles, breaking one on only 4.3% of his run.