Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

14-Team League Trade

TnColt8

Hey guys! I am getting ready for the start of my 14-Team league and I found myself in the discussions for an early preseason trade! Keep in mind that I only have five bench positions available! My philosophy the last two seasons has been to stockpile running backs, and for the last two seasons, it has worked as I have won both years. This year I noticed others following my lead and selecting multiple RB's early, leaving me a little thinner than most years! 

My Team:

QB: Michael Vick (Plenty of capable starters on waivers)

RB:CJ Spiller

RB:Matt Forte

WR:Danny Amendola

WR:Hakeem Nicks

FLEX:Darren McFadden

D/ST:Bengals

K:Garret Hartley

BE:Steve Johnson

BE:Daryl Richardson

BE:Knile Davis

BE:Rueben Randle

BE: Knowshon Moreno

Trade Proposal: I send Matt Forte AND Darren McFadden in exchange for Arian Foster.

My thoughts:

Pros:  On one hand, I have had Foster on my team each of the last two years so I definitely know what he is capable of. Also, I know McFadden usually does not play more than 8 games so in essence I feel as if I am almost directly trading Forte for Foster. Which is a decisive upgrade!

Cons: As I previously mentioned, I like to stockpile starting HB's because of their invaluable production in the face of injuries. I feel as if this trade would put me as an early preseason favorite to win, while also dooming me if I were to have someone go down!

All thoughts, comments, suggestions greatly appreciated! Happy Fantasy Gaming!!

This is a NON-PPR, two KEEPER league!!!

Edited by TnColt8

You have a lot of RB's. I would consider Stevie Johnson a starter in the flex position but Mcfadden and Forte will probably do better than Foster. I have no idea when it comes to trades but you have the Rb depth to go for it and you definately need a back up Qb or a better QB. You also have some good WR's so you could probably get away with the trade working but others should probably comment because i'm not that experienced when it comes to this.

Hey guys! I am getting ready for the start of my 14-Team league and I found myself in the discussions for an early preseason trade! Keep in mind that I only have five bench positions available! My philosophy the last two seasons has been to stockpile running backs, and for the last two seasons, it has worked as I have won both years. This year I noticed others following my lead and selecting multiple RB's early, leaving me a little thinner than most years! 

My Team:

QB: Michael Vick (Plenty of capable starters on waivers)

RB:CJ Spiller

RB:Matt Forte

WR:Danny Amendola

WR:Hakeem Nicks

FLEX:Darren McFadden

D/ST:Bengals

K:Garret Hartley

BE:Steve Johnson

BE:Daryl Richardson

BE:Knile Davis

BE:Rueben Randle

BE: Knowshon Moreno

Trade Proposal: I send Matt Forte AND Darren McFadden in exchange for Arian Foster.

My thoughts:

Pros:  On one hand, I have had Foster on my team each of the last two years so I definitely know what he is capable of. Also, I know McFadden usually does not play more than 8 games so in essence I feel as if I am almost directly trading Forte for Foster. Which is a decisive upgrade!

Cons: As I previously mentioned, I like to stockpile starting HB's because of their invaluable production in the face of injuries. I feel as if this trade would put me as an early preseason favorite to win, while also dooming me if I were to have someone go down!

All thoughts, comments, suggestions greatly appreciated! Happy Fantasy Gaming!!

This is a NON-PPR, two KEEPER league!!!

If Ben Tate is on the waivers then take the trade and pick Tate up to fill your empty roster spot.

If Foster stays healthy, he'll put up big numbers and if he gets injured, you'll have Tate to replace him. 

Well worth the risk imo. If Tate isn't on the waivers then it's still tempting but I probably wouldn't do it.