Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

trade advice?

so I missed the first 6 rounds of my draft and I got stuck with Russell wilson and I think he won't do really well this year. I have Luck as my other QB.

So this is the trade I was proposed.

I get:

Eli Manning

Reggie Wayne

I give:

Russell Wilson

Montee Ball

I have law firm, jamall Charles Ryan Matthews and Steven ridley as my other rbs. Suggestions?

I would take that trade as well. You have the running backs to replace Montee and Russel Wilson is on a run heavy team. Eli has David Wilson as a running back that can catch the ball out of the backfield, and Eli has Cruz and Nicks. Reggie will be a consistent WR for you over the year, with not being injury prone and has crazy hands.

Is it a 2 QB league? Either way, by the looks of your other RBs, you won't be missing too much by letting Ball go. IDK who your other receivers are, but I'd take Reggie over Montee in your position... Eli/Wilson is kind of a wash... I'm thinking that Eli has more potential as couple week back-up because his production should be more reliable... hard to say after the season he had last year...

Is it a 2 QB league? Either way, by the looks of your other RBs, you won't be missing too much by letting Ball go. IDK who your other receivers are, but I'd take Reggie over Montee in your position... Eli/Wilson is kind of a wash... I'm thinking that Eli has more potential as couple week back-up because his production should be more reliable... hard to say after the season he had last year...

1QB with a backup.

It makes sense to take this deal. The only hesitation I had was this:

QB Luck

WR Wayne

RB Charles

WR Bowe

Basically I am relying hevily on two teams.

Here's My Espn fantasy team 20 player league and i had the 4th pick.

QB - Luck, 2nd round

RB - MJD, 4th round

RB - Lamar Miller,5th round

WR - Megatron, 1st round

WR - Andre Johnson, 3rd round

TE - Cook, 6th round

FLEX - TY, 7th round

D/ST - Seahawks, 8th round

K - Blair Walsh,14th round

Bench

WR - Antonio Brown, 9th round

QB - Shaub, 10th round

RB - Ballard, 11th round

TE - Fleener, 12th round

WR - DHB,13th round

RB - Jaquizz Rodgers, 15th round

RB - Woodhead, 16th round

I think i'm gonna sit Miller vs the Browns and start Ballard vs Raiders.

QB - Luck, 2nd round

RB - MJD, 4th round

WR - Megatron, 1st round

TE - Cook, 6th round

FLEX - TY, 7th round

Bench

QB - Shaub, 10th round

RB - Ballard, 11th round

TE - Fleener, 12th round

WR - DHB,13th round

You took Luck way too early imo.

Ball is in such a timeshare, I'd say take it.

We are running more 2 WR sets, so Wayne is still going to get a lion's share of completions and yards consistently, IMO. You can believe in Luck and Wayne.

If you have the option of playing Bowe in only friendly matchups, do that as well. Charles is a must play every game.

Ball is in such a timeshare, I'd say take it.

We are running more 2 WR sets, so Wayne is still going to get a lion's share of completions and yards consistently, IMO. You can believe in Luck and Wayne.

If you have the option of playing Bowe in only friendly matchups, do that as well. Charles is a must play every game.

I took the trade, so I now have thw ability to play Bowe in friendly matchups with a WR core of Bowe, Wayne, Julio Jones, Torry Smith and some wildcards in Stevie Johnson and Hopkins

The only apprehension I would have had in this trade, is that Charles, and especially Matthews are injury prone, and if one or more get hurt, you're up a creek without a paddle. Wayne made the trade a good one, but I have never been impressed with Eli as a Fantasy QB, while Wilson will get you some extra running yards, being as mobile as he is. If Ball doesn't get beat out by Moreno, (not worried about Hillman in this scenario), he should get the goal-line carries, so he could end up with 10 TD's...

I think you made the right choice in taking the trade..I personally want to make sure I have at lest 2 quality back-up RB's

For example..my Backs are

Peterson. Lacy, Ivory and Ball..(both Lacy and Ivory will be workhorse backs for their respective teams this year. (I just pray Ivory cab stay healthy)

This way I have the no-brainer in Peterson, and can use the other 3 in friendly matchups..no way I am playing Lacy week 1 against the Niners.

Good luck..hope it worls out for you.

I'm in a Yahoo league and an ESPN league... The ESPN league drafts this Sunday, but the Yahoo league drafted last week.

The Yahoo league has only 8 players, even still, I think I killed the draft... Here's how it worked out for me with the 6th pick:

QB- Matt Ryan (6th round)

RB- Doug Martin (1st round)

RB- Ray Rice (2nd round)

WR- Demaryius Thomas (3rd round)

WR- Danny Amendola (5th round)

TE- Martellus Bennett (11th round)

Flex- RB Steven Jackson (4th round)

K- Janikowski (15th round)

D- Bengals (14th round)

Bench:

RB- DeMarco Murray (7th round)

WR- Mike Wallace (8th round)

WR- Steve Smith (9th round)

RB-Mark Ingram (10th round)

QB- Andy Dalton (12th round)

WR-Cecil Shorts (13th round)

I'm feeling like my bench is stacked and I can use Wallace and Smith as insurance (against weak teams) if Amendola gets injured (its a PPR league, so Amendola's value may be inflated due to the fact that he should get a ton of rec.s in NE's offense, with no other standout receivers). I had to have had the best rounds 6-9 possible, even though guys I wanted were coming off the board right in front of me all day...  There is still talent available on the waiver wire at TE as well, including both Fleener and Allen, so I'm not worried about having taken a risk on Bennett (taking a TE so late and not getting him a backup)... I don't think I'm allowed to say whether or not there is money involved and how much it is or isn't, so, I'll leave it at that...

The only apprehension I would have had in this trade, is that Charles, and especially Matthews are injury prone, and if one or more get hurt, you're up a creek without a paddle. Wayne made the trade a good one, but I have never been impressed with Eli as a Fantasy QB, while Wilson will get you some extra running yards, being as mobile as he is. If Ball doesn't get beat out by Moreno, (not worried about Hillman in this scenario), he should get the goal-line carries, so he could end up with 10 TD's...

I think you made the right choice in taking the trade..I personally want to make sure I have at lest 2 quality back-up RB's

For example..my Backs are

Peterson. Lacy, Ivory and Ball..(both Lacy and Ivory will be workhorse backs for their respective teams this year. (I just pray Ivory cab stay healthy)

This way I have the no-brainer in Peterson, and can use the other 3 in friendly matchups..no way I am playing Lacy week 1 against the Niners.

Good luck..hope it worls out for you.

So would you drop BJGE and pick up LeVeon Bell? He will surely be the clear cut starter when he returns.

So would you drop BJGE and pick up LeVeon Bell? He will surely be the clear cut starter when he returns.

BJGE is going to be sharing a lot of time with Bernard for a while, from reports I have read..I didn't know you had him on the bench as well..I think Bernard will eventually beat him out.. If it turns out that Bell does indeed have the lisfranc injury..he probably wont be back this year..or at the very end at least..if he's back in a couple weeks, then it might be worth a shot to take a flyer him, since you are right, that he would be the clear cut starter..I dropped a WR, and picked up Dwyer off waivers, as insurance for the first couple of weeks, as Redman has 3 fumbles in preseason already...I don't know if I would drop GE just yet...if you think you can wait, and keep close tabs on the waiver wire, and take a shot a couple weeks before Bell is due back, then I'd wait..But that possible lisfranc..if he does indeed have it..would put a nail in the coffin on Bell..

That one is one you have to make for yourself...I'm just throwing up my feelings about never having enough backs, and trying to determine having a back that's going to get a workload, or one that's gonna get 7-8 carries and 30-45 yards..If I have one of those, he better be a big back with red zone carries..I'm going to PM you a sleeper you dont have to get right yet..to watch out for. the reason is I don't want my league to know about this one..just in case something happens...

QB - Luck, 2nd round

RB - MJD, 4th round

WR - Megatron, 1st round

TE - Cook, 6th round

FLEX - TY, 7th round

Bench

QB - Shaub, 10th round

RB - Ballard, 11th round

TE - Fleener, 12th round

WR - DHB,13th round

This is a 20 team league?  I shoulda been in this league, you're getting most guys in the same spot as you would in a 10 or 12 team league.

I'd take it if I where you.  Ball is a rookie, so you have no idea how he's going to perform.  On top of that he's playing for Denver who is going to make the passing attack their #1 priority.  

And I don't think ball is any sort of elite pass catching threat.