Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 08/26

sb41champs

Game 1 is nice because it is a return to football. Game 2 is whatever. Game 3 is fun because the starters play a fair amount. Game 4 is just plain bad. However, I do enjoy seeing the FAs and rookies especially the guys that surprise. If not for preseason we wouldn't see guys like Rayford make a name for themselves.

With the juggling of getting the slotted starters some reps together and looking at all the new players brought in preseason is a must. We have witnessed a few players who will make the team but without the amount of preseason games it would be even a bigger crap shoot as to who to keep and who goes. 

I guess each team has their own mindset in regards to the pre-season, (talent evaluation, game-planning, mid-game adjustments, etc.), but the pre-season is just a tool like any good scrimmage so I think it is awesome and a necessity...

But it does seem to get long in the tooth with NFL network & ESPN always needing to fill the void & try to satisfy fans ever growing hunger for all things football...

I am not an NFL coach or talent evaluator, but maybe 4 games is a game or two too many...

Always seems to go on for too long.  2-3 games seems like enough.

I respectfully disagree GoDeep. True, they may not all be pretty to watch due to sloppy execution, but shortening the Pre season schedule makes the coaching evaluation process harder & an enthusiastic rookie with promise needs all the game tap he can get to land on another team's active or practice squad roster. If the system works well as is, don't throw a wrench in there & royally mess up a good thing IMO...