Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We'll Probably Face Pryor when we play Oakland

Smonroe

I know a lot of people think the game is a lock, but you still have to play them.  Oakland may be the worst team in the league, their O line is a mess.  Yet - Any Given Sunday...

Terrelle Pryor does give them an extra dimension and at the very least he's going to give our D a workout.  We can also look at it as practice for the 49ers game, as far as containing an athletic QB.

Full disclosure, I'm a Buckeye through and through, and I watched every game he played at OSU.  He's faster than Cam and about as accurate (not very).  He can wear out a D by himself.  I hope he's successful at Oakland.

I still think we'll beat them but I won't be surprised if they move the ball on us.

I still think we'll beat them but I won't be surprised if they move the ball on us.

Yep, I do think they will move the ball on us but it will be hit and miss. There will be enough first year starting QB mistakes to stall drives either in the red zone or totally with a turnover. That is what I anticipate.

Colts 27 Raiders 16 - a score along those lines is what I anticipate

I know a lot of people think the game is a lock, but you still have to play them.  Oakland may be the worst team in the league, their O line is a mess.  Yet - Any Given Sunday...

Terrelle Pryor does give them an extra dimension and at the very least he's going to give our D a workout.  We can also look at it as practice for the 49ers game, as far as containing an athletic QB.

Full disclosure, I'm a Buckeye through and through, and I watched every game he played at OSU.  He's faster than Cam and about as accurate (not very).  He can wear out a D by himself.  I hope he's successful at Oakland.

I would be in nickel A LOT and have Landry completely locked in on Pryor. Fellow Buckeye fan here as well, and I'm glad to see him getting time and showing what he can do, but I do agree his O-line in Oakland isn't going to do him any favors. Still a shame Troy Smith was sick that first year Baltimore drafted him. I think had he not been, Flacco wouldn't be a Raven right now. 

I would be in nickel A LOT and have Landry completely locked in on Pryor. Fellow Buckeye fan here as well, and I'm glad to see him getting time and showing what he can do, but I do agree his O-line in Oakland isn't going to do him any favors. Still a shame Troy Smith was sick that first year Baltimore drafted him. I think had he not been, Flacco wouldn't be a Raven right now. 

No need for nickel till Pryor shows us he can beat our LBs consistently. Stopping the run with 4 LBs in our base 3-4 comes first. We then adapt as we go. Start with 2 CBs and 2 safeties, I bet our base look is what we see most of the time vs the Raiders.