Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Browns Preseason Game Night Thread

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little concerned about the O line, especially with lack of depth.

You, me, Andrew Luck, the coaching staff, Ryan Grigson, pretty much anyone who cares about the Colts...  Well other than maybe Jim Irsay he only cares about his next tweet :).

Weeden gets too much time but the coverage is good. We're not getting any coverage sacks though.

He's dumping it before we can.  No question though pass rush is still an issue on defense.  Figures after years of Freeney and Mathis and nothing else on defense we have something else on defense and no pass rush...

I think we got some play makers all over the field! Offense, defense even though we stalled out at the end we controlled that game the first half. Chapman is a beast against the run. Our lb's and secondary with great coverage. While Toler my give some up, dude is a ball hawking play maker. I love this team!!

I think we got some play makers all over the field! Offense, defense even though we stalled out at the end we controlled that game the first half. Chapman is a beast against the run. Our lb's and secondary with great coverage. While Toler my give some up, dude is a ball hawking play maker. I love this team!!

Good things happen when we get the ball in TY's hands and bad things happen to the other team when they throw on Toler, I like it...

Enh Offense has been a little out of whack since the INT on the goal-line. They are struggling to get their mo-jo back.

Defense has been great though.

Yeah they stalled a bit towards the end of the half. But both offense and defense looked good before that!

Yeah they stalled a bit towards the end of the half. But both offense and defense looked good before that!

yeah I would like to see the starters play one more series into the third if the o-line is healthy to see if the offense can get it turned around. 

Good things happen when we get the ball in TY's hands and bad things happen to the other team when they throw on Toler, I like it...

I really like what I'm seeing of DHB and Wayne is just wow. It's hard to believe he's getting up there in age. He looks as good as ever! Thought Thorton looked good out there also.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• When you constantly attack simple facts/stats, especially when there is an abundance, with hypothetical fuzz, then you're simply not being intellectually honest. Combat stats/facts with other stats/facts, not with "maybes" or what ifs. The above is more what if, maybe, deflection stuff. You haven't addressed one fact I've put out with a counter fact or stat. Players fluctuate vs competition, sure. That's why you have AVGs, and put more stock in those data points as the sample size gets larger. For his position (RB), yes I do. He is what his stats say he is, until he's not. Dude, don't try it. You're the one that brought up MAC in both long and short stuff in an attempt to muddy. I spoke to both, giving factual examples of a game where he had longer passes (MN), and short passes (BUF). You're the one that tried to lean off topic.  Having a high catch rate matters. Having very few drops matters. Having a good AVG matters. Having good separation matters. Being a good blocker matters. Being clutch in a playoff game like Buffalo matters. A TE that can run a sail route effectively and in synch with his QB matters. If he only checked one of those boxes, then I would say that one stat may be misleading. Just about every stat he has, and just about every grade he has (from various sources) suggests he's pretty good. I've yet to see anything factual suggest he's not.    And again, you're adding fuzz with "maybe this", or "maybe that". Nothing you toss at the wall is sticking man. Bring a fact or stat to the table for once. Again, more subjective stuff.. OK lol... Must be all luck from the golden gods. Got it.
    • FO has Indy as #7 in offensive DVOA, and #13 in defensive DVOA in it's most current ratings. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2021/week-19-dvoa-ratings ESPN FPI efficiency also ranks the O at 10th, and the D 14th.  https://www.espn.com/nfl/fpi/_/view/efficiencies/sort/efficiencies.defefficiencyrank/dir/asc   Sorry man, I can't take anyone all that serious that thinks a 20th ranked pass defense against our 32nd ranked schedule is even close to SB caliber. I mean, we just gave up 260+ to Glennon at home lol which is 45+ more than his average. Prior to that, 340ish to Big Ben, which is 90ish more than his average. And in the playoffs, 320+ to Allen, which is 40+ more than his average. When you allow QBs to constantly get more than their average, you're just not that good if you can't hold them to their average or lower. Especially guys like Glennon. It just defies any and all logic.
    • Nope.. gotta find the best... and not of just today, but all time! someone today vs someone from 100 years ago. Gotta debate who's better!     
    • With respect East when one says maybe, one is not stating things as if they are fact.  And if you read the post you responded to, you will not see anything stated as a fact.  Do you really read the posts?  Because it seems as If you push your agenda pretty hard.  There is nothing in my post that stated anything authoritatively. Stats only show so much in football.  I think a lot of people try to act as if football stats are like baseball stats and they are not .   Most baseball stats are based on one players performance against another player.  There is negligible influence on the hitter from his teammates.  It’s him v. The field. football is nothing like that.    You can have great players put up bad stats on bad teams.  And lesser players vice versa and all permutations in between.   In baseball, a guy pretty much is what he is over a minimum number of ABs against a variety of pitchers.  It has nothing to do with much else.     in football that is not the case.  Catch rate over 39 pass attempts is not necessarily indicative of everything that goes into a catch rate.     Do you really think JT is one of the best catchers of the ball in football?  I doubt it.  Most of his catches are easy catches this year.     And East, you don’t use your own logic.  Sail routes are not RZ routes.  At all, they are among the slowest developing routes in the game.  it has nothing to do with tight spaces in the RZ.  Many my posts show that I think MAc is better when he gets moving.  Repeat after me remember?   Much of being a good receiver is not really measurable statistically.  Getting to the right spot in zones and other read routes is probably at least 50% of the deal for adequately athletic NFL type receivers.  There is a recent trend of a few rookies putting up good numbers, but usually takes 2 or 3 years.  I think receiving proficiency often takes longer than quarterbacking. maybe MAC doesn’t read well?  He doesn’t have much experience there.   I think you overestimate Macs catch rate.  He’s got pretty good hands, I doubt he truly has some of the best hands in the game.  The types of catches he makes likely are on average not the most difficult ones.          
  • Members