Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian referred to Mike Pollak as a future 'anchor' of this offensive line. THE POLIAN Radio SHOW

bayone

Wouldn't mind seeing him at Center next season.

Saturday has played a bit better the last game or two than usual, but he's old. He more often than not is constantly pushed in to the backfield. Love the guy, but he needs to hang em up after this season imo.

Until Jeff hits the NFL terminal drop, Jeff is our center. We need to maintain continuity. In addition, if Pollack takes Jeff's spot, who takes Pollack's spot?

Pollack is a very good player, where are the ppl that were bashing him now? i cant wait till he starts at center, he's gonna be a beast.

Hes had his struggles and those criticism were legitimate. They have tried to start him a few times, and he has gotten himself benched. Remember when they benched him because a 49er body slammed him? Just because he is doing a decent job now, doesn't erase all that bad play.

He's looking really good, and with Jeff getting old, Mike is the future center. The center is the anchor, and you know what the future is, so, therefore Mike Pollak is the future anchor of the line.

Its amazing what desperate people will say. I suppose Jerry Hughes is our next great DE for the next ten years. Man that has to be some good dope Polian is smoking.

Its amazing what desperate people will say. I suppose Jerry Hughes is our next great DE for the next ten years. Man that has to be some good dope Polian is smoking.

Lilja and Scott were horrible at first too so the Colts have some history with developing interior linemen. Now, both are considered in the top of linemen for our scheme

Lilja and Scott were horrible at first too so the Colts have some history with developing interior linemen. Now, both are considered in the top of linemen for our scheme

Maybe when Mudd was here some of these hacks had a chance at development. With the current staff, well, I am more likely to win 350 million on the Powerball than some of these current O-Linemen being anchors of anything except, a boat anchor or tug-o-war anchor.

Maybe when Mudd was here some of these hacks had a chance at development. With the current staff, well, I am more likely to win 350 million on the Powerball than some of these current O-Linemen being anchors of anything except, a boat anchor or tug-o-war anchor.

I feel you. I don't want to count out coach Metz. Better offensive line play has been the shinning spot of this team.

I feel you. I don't want to count out coach Metz. Better offensive line play has been the shinning spot of this team.

Agreed. Up until we lost AC and BI, the line was looking good and improving each week. I'm not high on most of our coaching staff right now, but I think Metz is doing a heck of a job with a bunch of young guys. On topic, Pollack has improved both last year and this year, and if we get Diem back, he can play RT and Link can play LT until AC gets healthy...so we might actually be able to avoid the catastrophic mess that was the 4th quarter of the TB game.

Hes had his struggles and those criticism were legitimate. They have tried to start him a few times, and he has gotten himself benched. Remember when they benched him because a 49er body slammed him? Just because he is doing a decent job now, doesn't erase all that bad play.

Dont matter the guy was always a good player, when he converts to his original position he is gonna be the leader of that line i can tell you that.

The big complaint about him seems to have been consistency. I haven't seen a single stupid mistake from him yet this year, and some of the run blocking has been great. I already trusted the FO when they stated that he was the center of the future, but it's nice to be able to embrace that thought with more empirical evidence. I'm extremely optimistic about the long term prognosis of the oline. I was just hoping that Ijalana would have settled into the RT position before Peyton came back. His being IRed is a major disappointment.

Wouldn't mind seeing him at Center next season.

Saturday has played a bit better the last game or two than usual, but he's old. He more often than not is constantly pushed in to the backfield. Love the guy, but he needs to hang em up after this season imo.

My opinion is this season is lost. If Pollak is believed to be the future at center put him there now and start preparing for 2012.