Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade Delone Carter

cjrulli

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that all we got? This guy? Should have tried to get a third or fourth round pick not sure we needed another wideout?

there is no way we would have gotten a 3rd or 4th round pick for Carter. ;)

This guy is purely a KR/PR. He's caught 5 passes in 3 yrs, but has good return skills. IMO Kerwynn Williams sucks!

wow that seems a rather harsh opinion after only seeing him in limited action in 2 preseason games.  

This guy is purely a KR/PR. He's caught 5 passes in 3 yrs, but has good return skills. IMO Kerwynn Williams sucks!

I don't know if he sucks, but where the Darren Sproles comparisons came from I have no idea.

wow that seems a rather harsh opinion after only seeing him in limited action in 2 preseason games.  

Sorry, but from what I can tell, he looks slow and not very elusive for his size. Maybe it's some sort of optical illusion coming through my TV, but that's what I gather in the short time I've seen him. Seen him at camp twice too and was not impressed at all.

Good trade for Colts. Might as well try and get something for him. He wasn't going to make the team anyways. Plus, outside of Wayne/DHB/Hilton the 4th WR spot is up in the air (especially with Whalen's injury past & Brazill being suspended first 4 games). Reed can also return kicks.

Sorry, but from what I can tell, he looks slow and not very elusive for his size. Maybe it's some sort of optical illusion coming through my TV, but that's what I gather in the short time I've seen him. Seen him at camp twice too and was not impressed at all.

Slow?? O.o

Doug Martin averaged 3.1 ypc in his first 2 preseason games.

Williams averaged 3 behind a horrendous line.

People judge players too quickly.

I've never liked Carter (as a player of course...) He's done nothing here except fumble and look soft when he was supposed to be a bruiser... I've always been amazed at those who liked him better than Brown... getting anything for him is better than just cutting him (which we were sure to do)...

Reed is a decent return guy and ST gunner, but he hasn't done anything as a wr... although last year he caught 5 passes on 6 targets, they were the only passes he's ever caught in his 4 yr. career..

Irrelevant trade if you ask me, Kerwynn Williams showed more flashes in the run game than Carter did anyway. Return game is more of a problem with the blockers than it is the returner, neither returner did good whether it was Vaughn or Williams. Williams had the longest return which was 28yrds I think.

Archived