Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Rank - Colts ranked #3!

ReMeDy

In getting the 1st pick of the draft, of course! According to Adam, however, "Painter actually gave the Colts a chance to win Monday night. The Colts actually rallied around him -- and that's not good if you want to be bad. Expect the Colts to rush Kerry Collins back on to the field, otherwise Painter could do just enough to keep the Colts from being No. 1."

http://www.nfl.com/n...HP11_hot_topics

Well, Adam was right (for once) with the Colts confirming (or not) Kerry Collins as the starter, they truly do want to tank the season. We can't have Curtis Painter winning on us now, can we? We must be #1!

In getting the 1st pick of the draft, of course! According to Adam, however, "Painter actually gave the Colts a chance to win Monday night. The Colts actually rallied around him -- and that's not good if you want to be bad. Expect the Colts to rush Kerry Collins back on to the field, otherwise Painter could do just enough to keep the Colts from being No. 1."

http://www.nfl.com/n...HP11_hot_topics

Well, Adam was right (for once) with the Colts confirming Kerry Collins as the starter, they truly do want to tank the season. We can't have Curtis Painter winning on us now, can we? We must be #1!

Hold up...this was confirmed? I thought this was so far just speculation due to a media report by Caldwell. If Collins is back as the starter I officially start buying into the intentional tanking of the season theory.

I'm not buying into a conspiracy theory as much as I'm willing to consider incompetence as a factor.

Yeah! I agree, however there might be some twist and turns like a M. Knight Shablablahamalamnblamn movie. Which will make me furious then, I will explode like we see in Michael Bay films, splosions, Blam, BOOM!

Then I'll be like darn you Caldwell toweliereadogoratowels2.gifand completely lose whatever confidence in him I have!!!!!!

Lol, great now conspiracy theorist are going to run amok if they put Collins back in @ starter. It would be kind of odd if they do because it seems like Painter gives up the best chance to win THUS far.

If Garcon hadn't broken tackles and had some great blocks, I doubt that we would be considering him as a solid option at QB right now. Painter is pretty bad. Maybe Collins will be better after a few more games. Conventional Wisdom is to stick with the veteran to try and get some wins. Caldwell wants to win at least 1 game before tanking. You can't go 0-16 and expect to keep your job.

This tanking talk is pure jealousy. It's no coincidence that Colts haters like Mike Florio are coming out of the woodwork to suggest that the Colts are tanking. All signed indicate that the Colts fully expected Peyton to be ready for the season. Lockout issues might be compounding our QB issues as well.

The Colts tanking, the rich getting richer, is a cheap storyline that will sell in the markets of our rivals and other markets that would like the number one pick.

If Garcon hadn't broken tackles and had some great blocks, I doubt that we would be considering him as a solid option at QB right now. Painter is pretty bad. Maybe Collins will be better after a few more games. Conventional Wisdom is to stick with the veteran to try and get some wins. Caldwell wants to win at least 1 game before tanking. You can't go 0-16 and expect to keep your job.

Any credibility you may have had here just went up in a puff of smoke.

Like 1-15 is equal to job security, right?

How many times did Garçon bust loose while catching passes from Collins?

Any credibility you may have had here just went up in a puff of smoke.

Like 1-15 is equal to job security, right?

How many times did Garçon bust loose while catching passes from Collins?

Your reading has lost all credibility :pullhair: . I suppose that I need to spell it out. Basically, the conspiracy theorist are jumping ahead of themselves. Caldwell has to win at least one game before tanking conspiracies start. The idea being that Caldwell might be agreeable to tanking after he has won one game. There is no way that a coach can go 0-16 and retain his job. If he were to win at least one game, the organization could order him to tank and save his job by going to the public and saying something about all the injuries. Caldwell took us to a Super Bowl. We will keep him even with one win.

Garcon had a similar game against the Dolphins a few years back with Peyton and nothing approaching that since with Peyton.I don't think that Garcon's play is QB related. It's more to do with the defense not being able to tackle him once he has the ball.

Your reading has lost all credibility :pullhair: . I suppose that I need to spell it out. Caldwell has to win at least one game before tanking conspiracies start. The idea being that Caldwell might be agreeable to tanking after he has won one game. There is no way that a coach can go 0-16 and retain his job. If he were to win at least one game, then the organization can go to the public and say something about all the injuries. Caldwell took us to a Super Bowl. We will keep him even with one win.

Garcon had a similar game against the Dolphins a few years back with Peyton and nothing approaching that since with Peyton.I don't think that Garcon's play is QB related. It's more to do with the defense not being able to tackle him once he has the ball.

OK....so lemme get this straight......

0-16 = no way a coach keeps his job. 1-15 = good 'nuff to keep his job.

Is that what you're saying?

As too Garçon;

Painter got the ball to him, which is more than I can say for Collins. Specifically the sideline route that Garçon ran, that was a strong, high velocity pass that was thrown with great timing and accuracy. The same kind of route that Painter missed with his first pass against Pitt. If Painter misses that pass against TB, then yes, we're rightfully all over the kid like carnivorous animals.

If I were generating a conspiracy theory that accused the Colts of tanking, that's what I would say.

This is more about conspiracy theories having any logic to them and not being driven by jealousy or hate. From a conspiracy theory perspective, Caldwell can't tank the season without at least one win to save his job.

As too Garçon;

Painter got the ball to him, which is more than I can say for Collins. Specifically the sideline route that Garçon ran, that was a strong, high velocity pass that was thrown with great timing and accuracy. The same kind of route that Painter missed with his first pass against Pitt. If Painter misses that pass against TB, then yes, we're rightfully all over the kid like carnivorous animals.

If we take out the YAC and Painter basically did nothing. He had a low completion percentage and fumbled again. Painter is by no means a lock to start next week. He could end up starting, but it's not a lock.

As too Garçon;

As too Garçon;

But he should complete that pass every time. Garcon was wide open. The other one was all on our wide receivers running and blocking beautifully. Minus those two passes, Painter was 11/28 for less than 100 yards and a fumble. In other words, Kerry Collins numbers. Painter is more than capable of taking this team to 0-16 without a coaching tank. I will credit his ability to up the tempo, even if it usually leads to faster 3-and-outs.

As to the offensive line making his job more difficult: like Pittsburgh, Tampa was going to blitz every play no matter who was in the front five. Why? Because he's Curtis freaking Painter and presented no threat to beat the blitz consistently as Peyton Manning would have.

He only gives us a better chance than Collins by a slim margin; which still means we will be an underdog in every game.

This whole thing about suck for luck is ridiculous, the colts will not start collins after seeing what painter has done... if this whole idea about "suck for luck" was in the 70's those players would bash the medias head in if they asked them that, no one wants to lose games.... for ppl to believe the colts are going to INTENTIONALLY LOST GAMES for a QB in the draft....... a floating car who wants to buy it.

But he should complete that pass every time. Garcon was wide open. The other one was all on our wide receivers running and ocking beautifully. Minus those two passes, Painter was 11/28 for less than 100 yards and a fumble. In other words, Kerry Collins numbers. Painter is more than capable of taking this team to 0-16 without a coaching tank. I will credit his ability to up the tempo, even if it usually leads to faster 3-and-outs.

As to the offensive line making his job more difficult: like Pittsburgh, Tampa was going to blitz every play no matter who was in the front five. Why? Because he's Curtis freaking Painter and presented no threat to beat the blitz consistently as Peyton Manning would have.

He only gives us a better chance than Collins by a slim margin; which still means we will be an underdog in every game.

Can you people not see past the numbers and understand that our offense played considerably better with Painter than with Collins?

Quote me all the numbers you wish, Painter outscored Collins 11 quarters in just 5. Those are numbers that carry more weight. I have noticed with all the quoting of Painter's completion rate, the number of drops is being omitted. The very first pass Painter threw Monday night was dead on accurate, and it was dropped.

Manning is gone. We have three guys to choose from. Painter is the best one we have. If we start Collins Sunday, our offense will be right back where it was against Pitt.

Well, Adam was right (for once) with the Colts confirming Kerry Collins as the starter, they truly do want to tank the season.

WHAT? Collins is going to start the next game? Are you serious - has that been stated by the Colts and is confirmed? IF that is the case, then I would agree they are playing for draft picks and not to win the game - sorry Herm.

WHAT? Collins is going to start the next game? Are you serious - has that been stated by the Colts and is confirmed? IF that is the case, then I would agree they are playing for draft picks and not to win the game - sorry Herm.

I have yet to see that confirmed.

the colts will not start collins after seeing what painter has done...

13 for 30 (don't you dare include Pierre's YAC) and a lost fumble? ok, so collins might have gone 9 for 28 with a fumble and no TD's. how is curtis significantly better?

not to mention the drops all over the place. stop defending the performance of this team.

Can you people not see past the numbers and understand that our offense played considerably better with Painter than with Collins?

Quote me all the numbers you wish, Painter outscored Collins 11 quarters in just 5. Those are numbers that carry more weight. I have noticed with all the quoting of Painter's completion rate, the number of drops is being omitted. The very first pass Painter threw Monday night was dead on accurate, and it was dropped.

Manning is gone. We have three guys to choose from. Painter is the best one we have. If we start Collins Sunday, our offense will be right back where it was against Pitt.

+1

To quote Ross Tucker from ESPN: "Stats are for losers". Not that I'm really calling anyone a loser here, but if all you see is the low completion percentage, you're pretty short-sighted.

To re-iterate what Dan Dakich from 1070 The Fan stated yesterday, the flow of the offense is just light-years better when Painter is in the game, rather than Collins.

The difference is:

- When you make a cut on a route and expect to get the ball, Painter already has the ball to that spot. Collins, on the other hand, is standing there... just staring at you.

- When Collins gets you the ball, that's pretty much it... you can't make a play on it because it's so out of sync. When Painter gets you the ball, he actually gets you in the position to score. THAT is the biggest difference between the two quarterbacks.

Given that, it's really no surprise that Painter has drastically outperformed and outproduced Collins in less than half the playing time.

13 for 30 (don't you dare include Pierre's YAC) and a lost fumble? ok, so collins might have gone 9 for 28 with a fumble and no TD's. how is curtis significantly better?

not to mention the drops all over the place. stop defending the performance of this team.

I'm going to be blunt, but that's just a really really dumb assertion. See my post right above.

Really, Painter's performance on Monday wasn't a whole lot different than a typical Sunday for Tom Brady. If you took out all the YAC that Brady gets from Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, etc etc etc, you'd have a pretty mediocre looking quarterback.

Bottom line: Brady puts his playmakers in a position to score, the same thing Painter did on Monday. I could care less what the completion percentage is if we end up scoring. It's not like the completion percentage shows up on the scoreboard.... :rolleyes:

+1

To quote Ross Tucker from ESPN: "Stats are for losers". Not that I'm really calling anyone a loser here, but if all you see is the low completion percentage, you're pretty short-sighted.

To re-iterate what Dan Dakich from 1070 The Fan stated yesterday, the flow of the offense is just light-years better when Painter is in the game, rather than Collins.

The difference is:

- When you make a cut on a route and expect to get the ball, Painter already has the ball to that spot. Collins, on the other hand, is standing there... just staring at you.

- When Collins gets you the ball, that's pretty much it... you can't make a play on it because it's so out of sync. When Painter gets you the ball, he actually gets you in the position to score. THAT is the biggest difference between the two quarterbacks.

Given that, it's really no surprise that Painter has drastically outperformed and outproduced Collins in less than half the playing time.

+1

Timing, my friend, timing.

Collins would still be a very successful QB on a team with a strong O-line. But that slow draw and a porous O-line has seen pass after pass not show up until the receiver is standing there waiting for the ball, all the while a defender is draped across him like a snuggie.

That's just something that people say when they are too lazy to look up the numbers or showing trends of horrible play. Ross Tucker and Matt Williamson are very lazy with their analyses. They are both guys that ESPN should replace. Each guy only legitimately watches 1 or 2 games per week the rest is just quoting Sports Center.

That's just something that people say when they are too lazy to look up the numbers or showing trends of horrible play. Ross Tucker and Matt Williamson are very lazy with their analyses. They are both guys that ESPN should replace. Each guy only legitimately watches 1 or 2 games per week the rest is just quoting Sports Center.

Timmy Smith is a great example of statistics lying to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timmy_Smith

He set a SB record, rushing for 204 yards and 2 TD's. The following year he was signed to a huge contract with the Cowboys. He retired in 1990 with a the career stats of 190 ATT for 602 yards and 3 TD's.

Thing is, his O-line blocked so well in the SB, I could have run for 200 yards that day.

In regard toward Painter, his stats are also affected greatly by the performance of those around him. I believe it is the consensus view that most of those around Painter, failed him and the team. Put Painter in place of Brady in NE, and I bet my right hand he has a 'Matt Cassel' season.

Statistics can be quite telling. They can also be deceptive and lead one to faulty conclusions.

Bill polian said painter will start.... so stop talking.... painter is obviously the best active qb the colts have.. whether you agree with it or not doesnt really matter.

Timmy Smith is a great example of statistics lying to you.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Timmy_Smith

He set a SB record, rushing for 204 yards and 2 TD's. The following year he was signed to a huge contract with the Cowboys. He retired in 1990 with a the career stats of 190 ATT for 602 yards and 3 TD's.

Thing is, his O-line blocked so well in the SB, I could have run for 200 yards that day.

In regard toward Painter, his stats are also affected greatly by the performance of those around him. I believe it is the consensus view that most of those around Painter, failed him and the team. Put Painter in place of Brady in NE, and I bet my right hand he has a 'Matt Cassel' season.

Statistics can be quite telling. They can also be deceptive and lead one to faulty conclusions.

I think that you identified what I am talking about. In your case you are using more stats (large sample) to refute stats from a small sample.

The guys who want Painter in are basing your decision on a small sample size (the Tampa game), were Garcon's anomalous. behavior made Painter look decent. Looking at Painter's career Versus Collins, Collins will play better and this is about the best that we can expect from Painter. For me it's not a lock that we should put Painter out there now over Collins. Even if Painter started next week, I can't say that I want Painter out there Ultimately, over the course of the season Collins will likely give us the best chance to win as he learns the offense.

But, this one is a tough call because we don't see the practices so I have to just let the organization decide and I support it.

I don't think Painter is that much better than Collins at this point. However, his stats from the TB game are his stats. A. Rogers, T. Brady, and D. Brees all get considerable YAC each week and I don't hear anyone saying they had a terrible performance because if you take the YAC out of their stats they were average or below average.

That being said, Curtis knows the offense better and can run it more like Peyton--e.g., he runs the no huddle and audibles at the line of scrimmage, which is what our veteran offensive personnel are used to. I don't think that this should be underestimated, and Collins inability to do so is why he struggled so much. Pierre's first TD catch is a great example of Curtis being on the same page as the WR...I don't think Kerry would have made that call based on his play in the first 2.5 games.

I wonder if Raven's fans are calling for Flacco to be benched b/c of his super low completion percentage on SNF?

Here's a more interesting stat for you.

Painter has had five passes for 20+ yards. So has Collins - despite nearly three times the playing time. Peyton only averaged 2.69 passes over 20+ yards last year.

I'm not alone in my perception that when Painter is in there the entire offense just takes on an entirely different look and feel. ANYTHING could happen at any moment. Yes, two of those things that might happen include a sack/fumble or an interception, but he is so inexperienced the expectation is that the bad events will decrease and the good events increase. With Collins in there, nothing was happening. He looked bewildered, numb, bored - and each possession seemed to contain about as much potential as when watching Orlovsky in the preseason. And I'm sorry, but contrary to my assumption when he was first hired - I don't think that he is going to get any better. I've freely stated that I never liked the guy and considered him average at best, but his skill set just doesn't fit this offense, and I for one have NO interest in watching him flounder any further. This season is about the future, and Painter needs to be developed to the point that he can be a reliable backup. Collins is just trying to tred water at best, and he apparently can't even do that.

13 / 30 and what 5-6 dropped catches and the fumble - come on that was horrible pass protection and thats the reason for several other rushed throws. IF and WHEN Painter gets any sort of pass protection - he can make the throws - no question in my mind about that! Once he gets a bit more experience eg gets timing down etc he will naturally start to get the ball out faster in many of those instances.

13 / 30 and what 5-6 dropped catches and the fumble - come on that was horrible pass protection and thats the reason for several other rushed throws. IF and WHEN Painter gets any sort of pass protection - he can make the throws - no question in my mind about that! Once he gets a bit more experience eg gets timing down etc he will naturally start to get the ball out faster in many of those instances.

agreed...We lost 2 OT's in the game and the pass protection dramatically suffered for it. Add in a couple of missed blitzes by Addai and Brown, dropped passes by Garcon and Painter's stats could be much different. Yes it's the coulda woulda game but there's also a bit of logic to it. ;)