Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

fantasy football

CR91

Thats real good, probably could have done with another TE or K for depth but regardless it is a good team. I did my first draft the other day i got

QB- Peyton, Newton

RB- Peterson, Mccoy, Gore (I had 2nd pick and got Peterson)

WR- Bowe, Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Steve Smith, Austin

TE- Olsen, Daniels

K- Walsh, Haushka

Def- Cardinals, Bengals

Got IDP on 3 starters for each position

DL- Chris Long, Hardy, Umenyiora, Dockett

LB- Posluzny, Miller, Freeman, Pace, Timmons

DB- Sherman, Pollard, Reed, Mccourty, Rolle

Only had 6 people in the league so we went ott on depth, had 30 round draft haha

I drafted earlier today. My team:

QB: Luck, Dalton

RB: Spiller, Lamar Miller, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown

WR: AJ Green, Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, Michael Floyd

TE: Vernon Davis

K: Matt Prater, Hauschka

D: 9ers, Skins

First time fantasier, if that's a word, pretty happy with it. Hoped to pick up Dwayne Allen too, but oh well.

I drafted earlier today. My team:

QB: Luck, Dalton

RB: Spiller, Lamar Miller, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown

WR: AJ Green, Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, Michael Floyd

TE: Vernon Davis

K: Matt Prater, Hauschka

D: 9ers, Skins

First time fantasier, if that's a word, pretty happy with it. Hoped to pick up Dwayne Allen too, but oh well.

drop one kicker. you dont need two.

drop one kicker. you dont need two.

You don't need 3 QBs or 2 DSTs either... I seldom carry more than one each... but you're going to worry about his 2nd kicker?

Dalton will almost assuredly be safely available on the waiver wire all year if you drop him, he gets you zero points on your bench, and barring catastrophe, I can't imagine both RG3 and Luck not getting you through your season.

This is what i got for my league (average joe's) the other day

QB: Kaepernick, Roethlisberger

RB: Spiller, Giovani Bernard, Daryl Richardson, Andre Brown

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Randall Cobb, Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, DHB

TE: Gronk, Dwayne Allen

K: Josh Brown

Defense: New England

You don't need 3 QBs or 2 DSTs either... I seldom carry more than one each... but you're going to worry about his 2nd kicker?

Dalton will almost assuredly be safely available on the waiver wire all year if you drop him, he gets you zero points on your bench, and barring catastrophe, I can't imagine both RG3 and Luck not getting you through your season.

my league you can get a lot of points for defense. im not dropping dalton til I know how healthy rg3 is

Which one would you suggest I drop.

Wanted to pick up Dwayne Allen, who is a FA.

Whichever you think is going to score less. If it was me, Dalton, Prater and the Skins would be gone, and it wouldn't be for Allen, but for better depth at RB and WR.

Yahoo 10 team league that I just got done with - 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1K with 6 pts per passing TD:

QB: Mathew Stafford (round 7), Michael Vick (round 10)

RB: Doug Martin (round 1), Stevan Ridley (round 2), David Wilson (round 4), Rashard Mendenhall (round 9), Vick Ballard (round 14)

WR: Demaryius Thomas (round 3), Marques Colston (round 5), Jordy Nelson (round 8)

TE: Vernon Davis (round 6), Zach Sudfeld (round 12)

D: Arizona (round 11), St.Louis (round 13)

K: Steven Hauschka (round 15)

What do you guys think?

Yahoo 10 team league that I just got done with - 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1K with 6 pts per passing TD:

RB: Doug Martin (round 1), Stevan Ridley (round 2), David Wilson (round 4), Rashard Mendenhall (round 9), Vick Ballard (round 14)

WR: Demaryius Thomas (round 3), Marques Colston (round 5), Jordy Nelson (round 8)

What do you guys think?

you actually remembered what round you drafted your players? good team, but wrs are alittle inconsistent

you actually remembered what round you drafted your players? good team, but wrs are alittle inconsistent

I expect either Colston or Nelson to have a turnaround year from last year. It is more injuries than anything else that I am worried about with them, to be honest. Production, I am not worried as long as they stay healthy.

What do you guys think?

standard or ppr?

I expect either Colston or Nelson to have a turnaround year from last year. It is more injuries than anything else that I am worried about with them, to be honest. Production, I am not worried as long as they stay healthy.

colston and nelson deal with qbs spreading the ball so your not gonna get consistent numbers week in and week out. same can be said about thomas now that welker is in town

QB's   Russell Wilson and  Joe Flacco

RB's    Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, Darren Sproles, Vick Ballard, Fred Jackson

WR's   Julio Jones, Wes Welker, Anquan Boldin

TE       Greg Olsen

K          Matt Prater

DEF     San Francisco

colston and nelson deal with qbs spreading the ball so your not gonna get consistent numbers week in and week out. same can be said about thomas now that welker is in town

I had to choose making it RB strong or WR strong, I chose the RB route obviously. :)

The idea is that I just get enough red zone looks (that all those 3 WRs get, IMO, especially Colston and DT because of their size) that will help me with a decent combo of yardage or TD number to get by.

QB's   Russell Wilson and  Joe Flacco

RB's    Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, Darren Sproles, Vick Ballard, Fred Jackson

WR's   Julio Jones, Wes Welker, Anquan Boldin

TE       Greg Olsen

K          Matt Prater

DEF     San Francisco

Are you playing in an 8 team league? Or keeper?

I had to choose making it RB strong or WR strong, I chose the RB route obviously. :)

The idea is that I just get enough red zone looks (that all those 3 WRs get, IMO, especially Colston and DT because of their size) that will help me with a decent combo of yardage or TD number to get by.

good point

10 team   keeper leaque

If i can make a recommendation, I would try to pick up Kenbrell Thompkins of off the waiver wire if he's still there. I don't trust Boldin as a #3 receiver and I don't think that Welker is going to have a great year. There's a lot of mouths to feed in Denver and Welker was never really a red-zone threat or a big-play guy.

Thompkins is looking to be the #1 receiver in New England.

If i can make a recommendation, I would try to pick up Kenbrell Thompkins of off the waiver wire if he's still there. I don't trust Boldin as a #3 receiver and I don't think that Welker is going to have a great year. There's a lot of mouths to feed in Denver and Welker was never really a red-zone threat or a big-play guy.

Thompkins is looking to be the #1 receiver in New England.

I'll have to check, but I don't recall anyone drafting him.  Thanks for the heads up,  I'll check it out.

What do you guys think?

Pretty solid all around, but unless you get really lucky, you are lacking sufficient depth at WR. I really wish I understood the logic of carry extras at TE and DST (and QB) to cover one week each, but I'm done banging that drum.

Pretty solid all around, but unless you get really lucky, you are lacking sufficient depth at WR. I really wish I understood the logic of carry extras at TE and DST (and QB) to cover one week each, but I'm done banging that drum.

Michael Vick was because if he takes off, he could either be trade bait to improve a position I am deficient in. If pre-season O-line protection is any indication, Vick could be just that, what I expect him to be.

The extra TE because of the NE TE situation uncertainty and again, trade bait possibly.

DST, I totally understand your point in having 2 of them but the NFC West plays the AFC South and I felt there will be enough turnovers along with plays made by QBs of AFC South that 2 DSTs from NFC West allowed me to mix and match based on matchups. Plus, that Cardinals' O-line just lost Jonathan Cooper possibly for season and I bet Palmer is going to get himself whacked enough times, that is 2 games I am definitely playing the Rams' D too. :)

Michael Vick was because if he takes off, he could either be trade bait to improve a position I am deficient in. If pre-season O-line protection is any indication, Vick could be just that, what I expect him to be.

The extra TE because of the NE TE situation uncertainty and again, trade bait possibly.

DST, I totally understand your point in having 2 of them but the NFC West plays the AFC South and I felt there will be enough turnovers along with plays made by QBs of AFC South that 2 DSTs from NFC West allowed me to mix and match based on matchups. Plus, that Cardinals' O-line just lost Jonathan Cooper possibly for season and I bet Palmer is going to get himself whacked enough times, that is 2 games I am definitely playing the Rams' D too. :)

Chad, I've been trying to give more clarity and focus to my explanation of why teams don't need to carry 2 DSTs, Ks, TEs, or (in most cases) QBs, but clearly I'm not doing a sufficient job of sharing the logic. I can't promise it'll be any more effective, but would you entertain an effort to use a little Socratic (or the lesser Schwamm-cratic) method... with a little question-answer exchange?

Chad, I've been trying to give more clarity and focus to my explanation of why teams don't need to carry 2 DSTs, Ks, TEs, or (in most cases) QBs, but clearly I'm not doing a sufficient job of sharing the logic. I can't promise it'll be any more effective, but would you entertain an effort to use a little Socratic (or the lesser Schwamm-cratic) method... with a little question-answer exchange?

I only have one TE, one DEF, and one kicker..

I always pick an extra  up on their "bye" week, then drop them again after.

That has always worked for me.

Here is the deal. When you cannot pick a stud D, which you never know which D will end up being that stud, you play matchups. So, when I get Ds round 10 and later, I play that way and that has worked for me several times over the years.

The 2 QBs and 2 TEs probably won't last throughout the season though. :)

Here is the deal. When you cannot pick a stud D, which you never know which D will end up being that stud, you play matchups. So, when I get Ds round 10 and later, I play that way and that has worked for me several times over the years.

The 2 QBs and 2 TEs probably won't last throughout the season though. :)

Fair enough. I will leave it alone.