Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Grade Analysis for Avg Joes League

I went to check out the league, my roster..etc..and I saw draft grades on the right hand side. To my surprise, its like we had professionals grade our picks, comment on good and bad..make projections..etc..I haven't played in a yahoo league in a couple years (my ex league went to NFL.com) I think that is so cool...and they graded my draft as an A, along with Meal Ticket and Dustin.

What I couldn't believe is that they picked me to go 12-2 and win it all...

T Y Goodbye Draft Report CardPowered by Automated Insights Led by a Terrific Group of RBs, T Y Goodbye Finishes the Draft as Paper Champions
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Draft Grade: A

Honor students like yourself belong in the Toyota Hall of Fame. Nominate yourself now.

Having the top pick in the draft doesn't always lead to championships. But, in this case, there is reason for optimism. T Y Goodbye parlayed their overall No. 1 selection into this year's top draft, projected to finish in first place in CFF Average Joe's League with a mark of 12-2-0 (1,480 points). T Y Goodbye opted for balance early, selecting QB Drew Brees (24th overall), RB Adrian Peterson (1st), WR Brandon Marshall (25th), and TE Tony Gonzalez (48th) within the first five rounds. They ended up with one of the highest-scoring foursomes of RBs in the league, as they picked up Peterson, Chris Ivory, Montee Ball, and Eddie Lacy for their fantasy stable.

The Season Ahead

Whether by good fortune or well-planned strategy, T Y Goodbye has secured a favorable bye week schedule for their superstars. Of their top five players in projected points, none share a common off week. From a projected points standpoint, they have the weakest slate in the league. T Y Goodbye could run into an early buzzsaw, as the first four games of their season are projected to be more difficult than the league average. A soft stretch might begin in Week 9, when T Y Goodbye plays projected bottom-tier teams for three games in a row.

Draft Notes
  • Sturdiest Slot: On a team with three better-than-average positions, RB is the best player grouping on T Y Goodbye (18.7% above the league average for that group).
  • Team of Champions: T Y Goodbye has a lineup sprinkled with proven fantasy winners. Across all Yahoo! leagues last season, four of their players finished among the top 20 in percentage of times on a championship roster. They include Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees, and Brandon Marshall.
  • Cream of the Crop: At four different roster slots, T Y Goodbye picked up projected top-3 players (including Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees, and Brandon Marshall).
  • Consistency Is My Middle Name: With six consistent players among their 15 picks, T Y Goodbye is looking for reliable help.
  • Mr. Mendoza: Dallas Clark is owned in fewer than 10% of Yahoo! leagues (1%). Let's hope that a.) T Y Goodbye has some solid inside information, or b.) he's a close friend of the family.
Toyota Top Picks 8261.jpgA. Peterson 1st Round (1st Pick)

Adrian Peterson was the best value pick of the round, projected to score 77.0% more points than the average player at that position.

5479.jpgDrew Brees 2nd Round (24th Pick)

T Y Goodbye drafted the most explosive QB in the league in Drew Brees. He is projected to lead NFL QBs in both plays over 40 yards with 11.8 and TDs over 40 yards with 4.5.

7868.jpgB. Marshall 3rd Round (25th Pick)

Value Found: Brandon Marshall is expected to score 47.3% more points than the average player at that position, making him the best value pick of the round.

blank_player2.gifTony Gonzalez 4th Round (48th Pick)

Value Found: Tony Gonzalez is expected to score 40.3% more points than the average player at that position, making him the best value pick of the round.

blank_player2.gifEddie Lacy 5th Round (49th Pick)

Biggest Reach: T Y Goodbye went out on a limb with their fifth-round pick. Across all Yahoo! leagues, Eddie Lacy has an ADP of 95.5, but T Y Goodbye grabbed him at pick No. 49.

Calling an Audible

While T Y Goodbye is projected to have three subpar positions, WR is clearly their worst unit (12.1% below the league average at that position).

------------------------------------

Then they showed some possible un-drafted picks..then different graphs...

For those that haven't played before, or not in yahoo..this you gotta check out..

Oh..and if there are any "Elite League" players reading this...I'd love to compare our leagues top 3 against your leagues top 3

Our top 3 (per the draft grade and evaluation) are

T Y Goodbye (me)

Meal Ticket (not sure who the manager is for the team)

Dustin (Dustin)

Now..will the real reg season start soon...the wait is killing me!

As fun as they are to read. They always end up being wrong. It's just based off their projections, which are fancier ways of saying guesses.

Again, I like to read them, I just never take them seriously.

I never listen to anyone, but it was fun having the draft analyzed and broke down like that..I know I probably won't win..but its nice to be ranked 1st...even if its preseason.. :rock:

I just want to be competitive and have fun with all my friends here..except you Andy...since you're in both leagues..you're like the enemy...j/k

I never listen to anyone, but it was fun having the draft analyzed and broke down like that..I know I probably won't win..but its nice to be ranked 1st...even if its preseason.. :rock:

I just want to be competitive and have fun with all my friends here..except you Andy...since you're in both leagues..you're like the enemy...j/k

Well, you are my enemy. I will stop at nothing in destroying you. I take pleasure in watching you crumble.