Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's worse than 0-4?

bayone

What's worse than 0-4?? 0-5 and a depleted team.

i have been a colt fan since the 50's , i now live in Detroit, so i have seen a team go 0 & 16 and everyone screaming, they were so bad for so long got so many great draft picks & now they are 4 & 0, I am amazed , if u asked me if the records are what they are now back in the summer I'd of laughed

we could use a Calvin Johnson or a a SUH as DT, they were also active in free agency this year

if we get a top draft pick , get a true stud or trade down for another 1st rounder and some more good picks, thats another thread, i am f diverging this post, sorry ,

I just hate seeing us where we are , and am sure it eats the core of all true colt fans

Last night was probably the most impressive game I think I have ever seen in the NFL. While the Bucs were playing like a bunch of thugs on the field (Talib holding the receivers on nearly every play along with some kicking, etc.) the Colts exhibited the utmost professional attitude throughout the entire game. Nothing seemed to shake them. They stayed focused and played good, hard football. Unfortunately, they came up short in the end.

While I have been a Bucs fan for some time now, what the Colts displayed on the field was absolutely impressive. So impressive that half way through the second quarter I told my wife I wanted the Colts to win for no other reason than how the Bucs were playing - dirty. IMO, the Bucs deserved to lose the game last night.

As a third string(?) quarterback, Painter did exceptionally well. Since this was his first start, he showed definite improvement overlast week's game against the Steelers after coming in for Collins. I hope after a couple of more games as starting QB he can really show the league what they have been missing and get the Colts rolling with some wins. (I don't mean to degrade Manning in any way.)

Your entire organization should be congratulated for the sportsmanship your team exhibited on the field last night. In my opinion, the Colts exhibited nothing but class. I hope the Bucs can see that when they watch the game tape and learn from the example they were shown last night. Go Colts!

Last night was probably the most impressive game I think I have ever seen in the NFL. While the Bucs were playing like a bunch of thugs on the field (Talib holding the receivers on nearly every play along with some kicking, etc.) the Colts exhibited the utmost professional attitude throughout the entire game. Nothing seemed to shake them. They stayed focused and played good, hard football. Unfortunately, they came up short in the end.

While I have been a Bucs fan for some time now, what the Colts displayed on the field was absolutely impressive. So impressive that half way through the second quarter I told my wife I wanted the Colts to win for no other reason than how the Bucs were playing - dirty. IMO, the Bucs deserved to lose the game last night.

As a third string(?) quarterback, Painter did exceptionally well. Since this was his first start, he showed definite improvement overlast week's game against the Steelers after coming in for Collins. I hope after a couple of more games as starting QB he can really show the league what they have been missing and get the Colts rolling with some wins. (I don't mean to degrade Manning in any way.)

Your entire organization should be congratulated for the sportsmanship your team exhibited on the field last night. In my opinion, the Colts exhibited nothing but class. I hope the Bucs can see that when they watch the game tape and learn from the example they were shown last night. Go Colts!

Nicely written, thanks much, are u sure u r not a Colt fan ( LOL )

European football.

(Yeah, thats right, screw them, I'm not calling it "soccer" anymore. They say "American Football" like it will give them a disease, so we're going to return the favor and call it European Football. From now on "soccer" will now be a term used only to describe what husbands do in the trailer park when they've had too much to drink.)

European football.

(Yeah, thats right, screw them, I'm not calling it "soccer" anymore. They say "American Football" like it will give them a disease, so we're going to return the favor and call it European Football. From now on "soccer" will now be a term used only to describe what husbands do in the trailer park when they've had too much to drink.)

lil shin kickers they are

European football.

great answer

I just find it hard to believe that two years ago we were in the Super Bowl with A LOT of these players and all of a sudden we are looking like Colts of old. Is Manning truly that great where he covered all the flaws of this team? I'm sure he covered some of the O lines flaws with his awareness and ability to get the ball out quick, but now we are seeing defensive struggles, inability to pass block, unable to force turnovers, and one many people haven't mentioned is the HORRID special teams unit.

This makes me wonder if this whole time we have had average players being carried by Manning. I am in no way saying Wayne, Freeney, Addai or Mathis are average as they have played well but the entire secondary even when we had Bullitt in there is playing atrocious. One game we do a great job of stopping the run the next game we do a terrible job. Our LBs are getting run over, receivers dropping balls, TE's can't block, O Line can't block, RBs cant block there is something wrong at nearly every position.

It doesn't help we have had a poor draft over the past few years with Hughes, Brown, Ugoh, and Gonzalez not living up to expectations. I am hopping on the bandwagon that we need to ditch the Tampa 2 or at least get some players who can do it right. We always have injuries on defense and it puts even more pressure on Manning. Maybe its the coaching. . I dont know but something needs to change...

I just find it hard to believe that two years ago we were in the Super Bowl with A LOT of these players and all of a sudden we are looking like Colts of old.

Not sure who it was that said that but someone told that with the Colts being ranked 32nd in running in 2009, and being heavily dependent on the WR corp, they were mighty lucky that they enjoyed good health among that WR/TE corp for the most part and D for the most part outside Sanders (till Freeney before the SB) with key players to be able to make a run to the SB.

In fact since 2006, the Colts have ranked 28th, 32nd, 25th, 30th, and 31st in defensive injuries.

What worse? We get an official statement next month that Manning is physically unable to play anymore and is retiring.

Then after feeling the the emotional roller coaster you've been on for the past five minutes Irsay steps up to the podium and says "I would also like to add that Manning will be the NEW HEAD COACH for the remainder of the season and will retain that position next season and beyond."

but now we are seeing defensive struggles, inability to pass block, unable to force turnovers, and one many people haven't mentioned is the HORRID special teams unit.

its been happening for the last 3 or more years. even the year we went to the SB, our defense aside from Freeney/Mathis/Bethea was garbage. one of the lowest ranked in the league that year i believe.

18 covered it all up. we put up enough points to win every game, even though our ST and D gave up tons of points. it was bad in '09, worse in '10, and now in '11 it may be the worst D in the Manning era.

The Tampa 2 has to go but now is not the time. I mean you really cant ditch it without the right coach and personel on defence. We need to just get a SS or CB to help our secondary out. get number 18 back 10 game are right there, you add 2 good upgrades at safety and cb and we can win 2-3 more games, and maybe a superbowl

I am truelly baffled how anyone can think that in year 4 or 5 Peyton would be a better option over a younger better QB in Luck? Green Bay showed how to handle it, and if the Colts are smart they follow their pattern. You draft Luck, he takes the 2012, 2013 and maybe 2014, but the Peyton era is coming to a close and people need to wake up to that.

Blasphemy! Do me a favor and don't watch the games next year when Manning leads us to another SuperBowl. Why don't you just become a fan of whatever team forks over a ton of picks to us for Luck, and you can watch him struggle for the next few years while Manning makes us one of the most dominant teams in the league once again. Then when the day comes that Manning is inducted into the Hall of Fame, please don't watch, and please don't share any stories of your 'fond memories' of Manning's heroics back when you were a Colts fan.