Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Talks Season ticket prices

Someone must have been busting his chops about preseason prices.

@JimIrsay: U pay a lump sum n reality for 10 Season Tics ..your Bronco tics r 400% under-prized,ur pre-season tics over-priced,it balances out in end

@JimIrsay: That's the reason Season tic prices shouldn't even have a tic price on individual tics..The 10 home game tics have varying value

@JimIrsay: N the end it's fair/U R NOT paying full price for pre-Season games..no more you' re not paying full,but under-prized 4 Texan/ Broncos,etc

I wonder what the prices were for the 06 Jets game, and all of the 2011 season. We're the season tickets under prices then?

I think what we are seeing the past couple of days is that Irsay doesn't like it when the fans are unhappy about something and is trying explain/justify/make them feel better about it. Personally I think Jim needs to learn that he can't make all the fans happy all the time and sometimes it's better just to ignore us. If he puts a winning team on the field we will mostly be happy.

I think what we are seeing the past couple of days is that Irsay doesn't like it when the fans are unhappy about something and is trying explain/justify/make them feel better about it. Personally I think Jim needs to learn that he can't make all the fans happy all the time and sometimes it's better just to ignore us. If he puts a winning team on the field we will mostly be happy.

Yeah, I won't argue that.  And when people have to part with money, you're right, obviously not everyone's going to be happy about it. 

No. Too expensive. Hopefully in a few years, though.

That's who Irsay is addressing, because they get all the games for one flat rate, so their expensive tickets are worth more than they paid, and it balances out paying more for a preseason ticket.

Hope that explains what he's trying to say better lol. Because for me or you, none of this applies, because preseason, and regular season, are whatever price tickets are going for.

That's who Irsay is addressing, because they get all the games for one flat rate, so their expensive tickets are worth more than they paid, and it balances out paying more for a preseason ticket.

Hope that explains what he's trying to say better lol. Because for me or you, none of this applies, because preseason, and regular season, are whatever price tickets are going for.

I gotcha.  And I mean, the bottom line is, if there's the demand for pre-season tickets and people are buying them for 80 bucks or whatever, there's no incentive to reduce the prices.  I get the business part of it, but from a logical standpoint, I sound stupid  when I say that pre-season games are the same as regular season games, so the price should be the same.

I gotcha. And I mean, the bottom line is, if there's the demand for pre-season tickets and people are buying them for 80 bucks or whatever, there's no incentive to reduce the prices. I get the business part of it, but from a logical standpoint, I sound stupid when I say that pre-season games are the same as regular season games, so the price should be the same.

My fiancé, desperately wants to go to a Colts game as soon as she possibly can lol. However I'm not going to fork out 200 dollars for the both of us, to watch a glorified scrimmage haha.

When we had season tickets a few years back preseason was fun because we had the tickets no matter what, and we could just go to Lucas Oil, no pressure, and have a good time.

My fiancé, desperately wants to go to a Colts game as soon as she possibly can lol. However I'm not going to fork out 200 dollars for the both of us, to watch a glorified scrimmage haha.

When we had season tickets a few years back preseason was fun because we had the tickets no matter what, and we could just go to Lucas Oil, no pressure, and have a good time.

My wife almost every year gets me colts tickets for my birthday, so thankfully, it's late september, so it's actual real games.  Unfortunately, this year, they'll be in SF on my Bday.  I was kinda crushed to hvae such a good matchup, just to have it away.  Congrats on the engagement by the way.  You got decades of tough work ahead of you, but it's worth it if you both give everything you got. 

I normally try to defend Irsay, but his logic is extremely flawed with this.  Yes the Broncos tickets are going for well over the normal price for the tickets, but should that game have been replaced with let's say the Chargers or the Chiefs, you're no longer nowhere near the 400% increase he states.  I have friends who have season tickets who can't give them (preseason tickets) away for 2 for the price of 1.  Me personally, my tickets I just give away for the preseason.  I have no desire to pay to drive there, pay to park, then watch what we got to see last Sunday.  I'll see you on 9/8 when the Raiders come to town!

I normally try to defend Irsay, but his logic is extremely flawed with this.  Yes the Broncos tickets are going for well over the normal price for the tickets, but should that game have been replaced with let's say the Chargers or the Chiefs, you're no longer nowhere near the 400% increase he states.  I have friends who have season tickets who can't give them (preseason tickets) away for 2 for the price of 1.  Me personally, my tickets I just give away for the preseason.  I have no desire to pay to drive there, pay to park, then watch what we got to see last Sunday.  I'll see you on 9/8 when the Raiders come to town!

Two for the price of one, eh?  Does he have 2 and if so, what's his name and email address?  Any game is fine.  Thanks.

Two for the price of one, eh?  Does he have 2 and if so, what's his name and email address?  Any game is fine.  Thanks.

Not allowed to talk about the purchasing of tickets on the forum, part of the rules.  I'm afraid I'm going to be unable to help you with your request.

I think Irsay's logic is a bit flawed too.  Professional basketball, some professional baseballs teams, and even some college football teams are using demand based pricing on tickets.  If the demand is high leading up to a particular game then the prices will go up.  If the demand is low for a particular game then the prices go down.  That is for people buying individual tickets. 

If Irsay's logic was true then he owes me a big fat check for the 2011 losing season.