Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton

GoColts8818

With all the negative that came out of Sunday's game I wanted to talk about something good that came out of it!

TY looked really good on Sunday and I think could be a major break out star for the Colts.  I think he's the number two WR for the Colts but I do think when they go three wide he's going to be in the slot just because I think the Colts like that match up (and why shouldn't they if you can get TY on a team's third best corner and get him behind the secondary good things are going to happen.)  He also showed us something again in punt returning.  In a class that brought us Luck, Allen, Ballard, and Fleener we might look back at Hilton as the steal of that draft.

All I know is when the ball is in his hands normally good things happen for the Colts, I hope Pep is drawing up plays to get the ball in his hands as much as possible! 

Hilton was special to watch in person.  He was moving 'light years' faster than anyone who was on the field against him.  He is simply a burner with big play capability with ANY touch he gets.

This is so important in that he can be a decoy at times to get better mileage out of DHB if we go 3 wide outs....or Fllener....Allen....and of course number 87 and the running backs!!!  

Exciting stuff GoColts8818!!!   :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!!

I think his biggest asset is that he has Reggie Wayne as a mentor. He seems to have a great work ethic and desire to be the best. He has the tools to do it. It's all up to him. He is my favorite pick from last years draft.

During an interview at the Bills he spoke about how helpful Reggie and Luck have been. So I agree having Reggie mentoring him is going to do wonders for his career. Ty is going to be very special this year, he's a worker and he will be rewarded for all the work he puts in. 

With all the negative that came out of Sunday's game I wanted to talk about something good that came out of it!

TY looked really good on Sunday and I think could be a major break out star for the Colts.  I think he's the number two WR for the Colts but I do think when they go three wide he's going to be in the slot just because I think the Colts like that match up (and why shouldn't they if you can get TY on a team's third best corner and get him behind the secondary good things are going to happen.)  He also showed us something again in punt returning.  In a class that brought us Luck, Allen, Ballard, and Fleener we might look back at Hilton as the steal of that draft.

All I know is when the ball is in his hands normally good things happen for the Colts, I hope Pep is drawing up plays to get the ball in his hands as much as possible!

I'm confident TY will beat out DHB as our #2 wideout. He's just the better player and he's still learning.. The sky is the limit for Hilton.

I think your going to see him all over the field this year.. Punt returns,in the slot, on the outside, screen passes and reverses. You're right, just get him the ball!

But I am hoping DHB can deliver as well.. There's just do much size,speed and talent that I hope he resurrects his career.

I think before the season is over Hilton becomes the number 2 guy  :clap:

I think he already is.  I think when it's a two WR set he'll be on the field.  I think they will bring DHB in for three wide and just move Hilton to the slot for it because he gets a better match up.  It's nice to have a guy like DHB so you can move Hilton around to get him in the best match ups they can.

Ok...  I am off board.

Yahoo (via Terre Haute Trib Star)  has reported that DHB dropped 5...     FIVE passes today in practice.

This is simply unacceptable.      I get it that the staff is trying to "pump" him up ego wise by starting him over TY, but is there really any " #2 WR RACE" at all?

TY is a straight up baller, and DHB is ...  sadly...   what he is.    Just a guy.   This man has been GIVEN the keys to turn his train wreck of a career around....  and yet he is driving the hoopty in the SAME direction?   Straight toward the waiver wire.  

Simply unreal.       No show in PS game 1,  drop after drop in practice.          sprinkled in with a little of the talent we all hope to shine through.  

I don't see it.      FIVE drops in a practice ANY TIME of the year might get a lesser "name"  cut same day.

Rock ON TY,    hopefully the staff gets this thing together.      I am starting to side with Irsay on the displeasure meter.         What is going on.   IF dude can't play ...     let him go.

This needs to straighten itself out fast....  

Ok...  I am off board.

Yahoo (via Terre Haute Trib Star)  has reported that DHB dropped 5...     FIVE passes today in practice.

This is simply unacceptable.      I get it that the staff is trying to "pump" him up ego wise by starting him over TY, but is there really any " #2 WR RACE" at all?

TY is a straight up baller, and DHB is ...  sadly...   what he is.    Just a guy.   This man has been GIVEN the keys to turn his train wreck of a career around....  and yet he is driving the hoopty in the SAME direction?   Straight toward the waiver wire.  

Simply unreal.       No show in PS game 1,  drop after drop in practice.          sprinkled in with a little of the talent we all hope to shine through.  

I don't see it.      FIVE drops in a practice ANY TIME of the year might get a lesser "name"  cut same day.

Rock ON TY,    hopefully the staff gets this thing together.      I am starting to side with Irsay on the displeasure meter.         What is going on.   IF dude can't play ...     let him go.

This needs to straighten itself out fast....  

Wow, that's awful. Can you link the article by chance? I'm having trouble finding it.

EDIT: NVM, found it. That is simply awful.

I wish I could remember the thread when I said TY was better than DHB and got killed for it. It's really not even an argument to be had.

Way to go. Both have played about 10 snaps in a pre-season game, and you have came to this heady conclusion. Come back around mid-season, and when your expert analysis comes to fruition, we will all proclaim you the next Brad Wells.....

I'm pretty sure TY will be better, but.....

I'm concerned about all the balls DHB is dropping.  Even if we make TY our #2 WR, that means we have a #3 WR with a problem of dropping the ball a lot.

I think we're going to be drafting a WR in the first round and lets hope they get someone with good hands.  

Brandon Coleman of Rutgers, hopefully he is our No.1 pick next year, should give us the luxury of a legit outside wideout for the future.

I wouldn't mind Cody Hoffman of BYU either in round 3 and if we get both, we will have a year of Reggie mentoring both of them to get to the next level.

I'm confident TY will beat out DHB as our #2 wideout. He's just the better player and he's still learning.. The sky is the limit for Hilton.

I think your going to see him all over the field this year.. Punt returns,in the slot, on the outside, screen passes and reverses. You're right, just get him the ball!

But I am hoping DHB can deliver as well.. There's just do much size,speed and talent that I hope he resurrects his career.

Both guys are solid.  In terms of body frame, you'd rather have a guy like DHB be your #2 WR.  But your size doesn't mean much with dropped passes.  I know a lot of people on here are complaining about the 5 drops in practice, and it is a concern.  Maybe he had a bad day.  He's also had some really good days according to Chuck Pagano - http://www.footballnation.com/content/darrius-heyward-bey-continues-to-impress-colts-camp/23788/

I wouldn't throw the towel on him yet.  The guy has the potential to be a very good #2 WR, and if he delivers, we'll have one of the best, if not THE best, WR cores in the league this year.  Then add in our TEs, Luck could be destroying defenses this year.

I can't wait for the season to start so you guys can actually criticize something worth it. When he has a bad case of the dropsies in an actual game, than yes by all means blast the kid to death. From what were hearing is he has been improving. Allow him to work on his hands and continue to progress. Give him some time and stand behind him. If he can pair what he does after the catch with a bit more solid hands we all will be glad he plays for us. 

I can't wait for the season to start so you guys can actually criticize something worth it. When he has a bad case of the dropsies in an actual game, than yes by all means blast the kid to death. From what were hearing is he has been improving. Allow him to work on his hands and continue to progress. Give him some time and stand behind him. If he can pair what he does after the catch with a bit more solid hands we all will be glad he plays for us. 

Be careful what you wish for :)  Sometimes just as bad as preseason.....I love it though!!!  :)

I wish I could remember the thread when I said TY was better than DHB and got killed for it. It's really not even an argument to be had.

To the best of my recollection (I was not going to go searching) ... I don't think you were "getting killed" for saying "TY is better than DHB" (which I think is a commonly held opinion) as much as it was for your insistence that TY would or should be a lock at #2/X receiver position, and your general dismissing of DHB's skills in general. 

In regards to all of these drops by DHB....Does he have a history of drops at Oakland? I thought he would be a steal with a real QB throwing him the ball for the first time in his career (I don't consider a washed up Carson Palmer to be high-caliber). Seems odd that an NFL receiver would have that many drops at once. Perhaps something was bothering him that day at practice. I think he will turn it around and also believe the coaching staff will help him to do so.

I agree with the majority of this thread though-- T.Y. is clearly the #2 receiver right now.