Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Allen sits out practice? [Merge]

Kenny

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

Can Cunningham pass or run block very good. I dont know much about his game.

He's a solid blocker, but not the greatest receiver...probably best used in goal line situations and power run fromations...but if he has to replace allen he will have to step up big time

I'm genuinely gutted about this. Praying the second opinion comes back with good news, otherwise this is an awful situation - not only do we lose a stud for a year, but his long term development takes a huge hit.

I'm genuinely gutted about this. Praying the second opinion comes back with good news, otherwise this is an awful situation - not only do we lose a stud for a year, but his long term development takes a huge hit.

I don't see why his future development would have to take a big hit. He would be far from the first athlete to suffer a foot injury and come back from it.

1. #Colts I am told the second opinion has to do with procedure. When you step the fracture appears as the bone splits. "THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED"

2.  Favorite 

More

- Not a normal source for me. So please take this at face value. #Colts

Expand

1. #Colts I am hearing stress fracture to the 5th Metatarsal for Dwayne Allen - here is the odd part the xray only shows up when you step on -

Anyone who is seeking a second opinion isn't doing so to turn a 3 week injury into a 2 week injury. This is indeed worrying.

Oh well.

If indeed it's a metatarsal injury it's going to be a long one even its a minor fracture. IIRC the 5th is your little toe and suffers inthe healing process from not having high blood flow. Maybe he needs to fly out to Switzerland and get some horse placenta injections :P*

*source: The Osbourne Junior guide to Medicine with pop up pictures.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Great thing is he don't have to play until 4 weeks so he'll have time to recover.

We play Raiders week 1....so he's got 5 weeks

based on what?

based on absolutely nothing. I just expressed a feeling that I have in writing just like many others here. 

It just doesn't sound good when you hear "seeking a second opinion". It usually means that he didn't like what the doctors that examined him said. Presumably he heard bad news and he is hoping that the second doctor will give him a different diagnostics, hopefully what he would like to hear.

I would take it as good news to just hear that he will be out for a number of weeks, just not for the whole season.  

This is gonna stink. But I think Cunningham can supprise. He's got the ability to catch pretty well. And he can run after the catch. The only reason his numbers in receiving were not great at SC is he was not used as a receiver a whole lot or he was just one of the last options in the offense. He was primarily Blocking.I mean you gotta think SC had Jeffrey there so he was the big target for a couple years. I don't think the lack of numbers has anything to with Cunningham's ability to catch and be effective in that aspect. If you look at when he did get a chance to make catches he was targeted, he did pretty well. I think he will do alright.

The biggest thing to prepare to hear now is that this injury is gonna cause all the experts and anylist to say that our team is really gonna struggle now and how were definatley not gonna make the playoffs now. They make it sound like this injury will demise our team this season. Just be prepared for that.

Guest TeamLoloJones

This is gonna stink. But I think Cunningham can supprise. He's got the ability to catch pretty well. And he can run after the catch. The only reason his numbers in receiving were not great at SC is he was not used as a receiver a whole lot or he was just one of the last options in the offense. He was primarily Blocking.I mean you gotta think SC had Jeffrey there so he was the big target for a couple years. I don't think the lack of numbers has anything to with Cunningham's ability to catch and be effective in that aspect. If you look at when he did get a chance to make catches he was targeted, he did pretty well. I think he will do alright.

The biggest thing to prepare to hear now is that this injury is gonna cause all the experts and anylist to say that our team is really gonna struggle now and how were definatley not gonna make the playoffs now. They make it sound like this injury will demise our team this season. Just be prepared for that.

I agree that Justice has some good talent.  The big drop off is our 3rd TE would then be Dominique Jones, who I like, but none of us expected him to make the team without an injury.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Me too!  I got too excited and bought a Powers jersey.  I probably jinxed him too!

Did you buy a Powers jersey every year?  He had bad luck staying healthy every year it seemed like.

I agree that Justice has some good talent.  The big drop off is our 3rd TE would then be Dominique Jones, who I like, but none of us expected him to make the team without an injury.

I like Justice a lot, but Jones doesnt seem to have very steady hands. Had a few drops at camp the other night.

Guest TeamLoloJones

There's a simple solution to this problem, move Jeremy Kelley to TE along with Fleener & Cunningham.

There's been reports from camp that he looks like a TE. And he's 6'6 so that would be nice

I highly doubt Kelley can block at the point of attack anywhere near what would be required of him for that to work.

This is not good news...A second opinion usually means the first said surgery is required. Allen is such a big part of our offense, especially with his protection of Luck. Justice will have to step up big time while we wait for Dwayne to recover. I hope it's nothing too serious, but second opinion makes me wonder if he would miss a significant amount of time. At least we have all of pre-season still, but it's definitely not news I wanted to hear.

1. #Colts I am told the second opinion has to do with procedure. When you step the fracture appears as the bone splits. "THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED"

2. - Not a normal source for me. So please take this at face value. #Colts

Expand
    1. #Colts I am hearing stress fracture to the 5th Metatarsal for Dwayne Allen - here is the odd part the xray only shows up when you step on -

If any of this is true, maybe the fracture will just require a boot or cast, and maybe 4-6 weeks to heal.