Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welker still yapping...talks about Manning not throwing to him

Yes, Wes Welker is special. A darn nice guy & 1 hades of a WR. So, maybe Kraft felt that an exception could & should be made in this case mostly due to all his incredible years of durable, clutch service in NE. I will acknowledge that Wes isn't a young pup anymore, but I still think he can still move the chains on critical 3rd downs. One thing I will admit in favor of Robert Kraft that I truly appreciate is that he knows what to keep in the locker room & off of Twitter/social media. God, I wish Jim Irsay would learn that important lesson. Sigh...

I will also admit that NE fans wanted to know the real reason why Welker left Massachusetts. Some say he couldn't handle Bellichick's style of criticism anymore, some say he wanted to play with 2 HOF QBs, some say he wasn't being offered his worth financially based on all his years of loyal Foxboro service, & some say that a new change of scenery is required just to get a fresh, new perspective...

At the end of the day, I want both Danny Amendola & Wes Welker to do well. Time to turn the page & play ball...

yep- pretty much sums it up. Kraft will definitely do the exception and Welker is all that for what he did. I'd even put him in the category of the Bruski's but not as many years.

Last time we had a dependable receiver..hmm ..ah whats his name the TE who was Bledsoe's binky.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep- pretty much sums it up. Kraft will definitely do the exception and Welker is all that for what he did. I'd even put him in the category of the Bruski's but not as many years.

Last time we had a dependable receiver..hmm ..ah whats his name the TE who was Bledsoe's binky.

Ben Coates.

If you were a receiver that was forced to work with losers like Brady and Manning you would complain too.

Yep....who do those guys think they are. Wes should've went to J'ville or NY to rendezvous with Sanchez and Geno.

The more Welker keeps talking this off-season, the happier I am that is no longer a Patriot. I wonder if the Broncs at some point will tell him to put a lid on it as it is Aug. 8 and he STILL has Belichick on his mind. He is very bitter yet he says he would only have played for the Pats or Broncos this season. lol.

Interesting note at the end that he says he is having a tough time running the seam route the way Manning wants because he was so used to it doing it one way for the Pats for six years. He says that if he does not run the route the way Manning wants then Manning won't throw it to him. Wondering if some issues are arising there?

http://www.boston.com/sports/2013/08/07/treatment-from-bill-belichick-contributed-wes-welker-departure/xubfw5SfY9GZlOT5Vx89sJ/story.html

This is nonsense. Welker called Manning to see if there was a place for him with the Broncos. He wanted out of Patriot land and away from Belichick.  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Oh yes, knee reconstruction is so very much more complex (and has so many different types of injuries) than an Achilles tendon repair. Orthopaedic surgeons are always trying to improve procedures and outcomes in the knees, and they are still chasing the holy grail of finding ways to develop a reliable and cost-effective means of regenerating the knees articular cartilage.     Let's go the other way- I know two two that don't. Running backs, and Linebackers. Especially Linebackers, as I show below.  Others are probably comparable to each other in both returning rate and performance level attained.     I'm not counting on an August return, and if he does, it will likely be with a notable reduction in performance.   **In a new fairly recent study (Oct. 2017), they found almost 73% of players returned to the NFL after Achilles tendon repair (recently published study in Foot and Ankle International).**   “Achilles tendon injuries in the NFL are common season-ending injuries that require a surgical repair,” Joshua D. Harris, MD, told Healio.com/Orthopedics. “Our recent study of 95 NFL players showed that it was also a career-ending injury in nearly 28% of those analyzed. Although postoperative performance was worse in running backs and (especially) linebackers vs. pre-injury. Results showed that at a mean of 339.8 days after surgery, 71 NFL players were able to return to sport, 24 did not."   The reports of an August return was Kansas City GM Brett Veach painting a rosy picture-   "K.C. Chiefs general manager Brett Veach says left tackle Eric Fisher is expected back by mid-August."   In this article-   https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/03/01/kc-chiefs-news-eric-fisher-injury-update-achilles-mid-august-return/   It also said in the article-     Here is the Veach proclamation,   “I think with that injury with the time leading up for the season, Rick has here a mid-August return. You know how that works, that’s always to be determined until the player actually reports back to camp and goes through the offseason to see where he is.”   10 days later, he releases both Eric Fisher and Mitch Schwartz. So does he have confidence in that August date now?   The latest study data above shows an average 340 days for (well, for 73% of them) a player to return to play.  Fisher was hurt Jan 29, 2021. A mid August return would place Fisher’s recovery timeline at approximately 225 days, or seven and a half months. 115 days ahead of the mean return time frame.   You believe what you want, but I know which side of the timeline scale I'm looking at.      
    • The rookies are doing interviews this morning. Not sure what to think about Dayo saying this. It sounds like another Banogu.    
    • To have that type of grade they must think he has a high mental capacity.  
    • Something about his reaction on the phone and his general demeanour gives me this impression too. Super quiet, humble, and reserved like he knows this is just the first step rather than the end goal.
  • Members

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • jskinnz

jskinnz 1,966

• Wentzszn

Wentzszn 10,403

• Robin

Robin 100

• BornHoosier

BornHoosier 171