Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Enough of draft Luck, need to draft CB and a saftey

QBs dont sit for 3-4 years at top dollar these days ... the step in and play right away.

ditto...we've had enough trouble re-signing key players in the past and bringing in new quality talent to surround Manning with a quality team. Is that going to become any easier by adding a #1 overall QB to the cap? Um...no.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times has this worked in NFL history? Favre to Rodgers, Montana to Young....Bledsoe to Brady? It's not a proven pattern that you just can't miss with.

I have nothing against Luck, and if the Colts draft him, then I'll cheer him like everyone else with a horseshoe. But, look at those teams that have done this before. They were all playoff teams before the switch. This team, without Manning, is not a playoff team. We need to focus on building this team up at all levels and not just throw a young guy in there with nothing around him.

If we get the #1 pick, we'd be better off trading down and getting all the picks we can and using them to bolster this roster from 1 to 53.

I agree. I hope that we end up in a position to draft luck, and trade back. That would mean ending up with extra first and second day picks plus an extra first round pick in 2013. Big Ben probably isn't even a HOFer, but he he keeps winning superbowls because they continue to put talent around him.

As far as I am concerned our problem isnt the players as much as it is the Defensive coordinator. Our pass defense was top 5 a couple of years ago. And now we are bottom 5. Thats when the coaching changed. I'm not gonna pick on Caldwell, its not his fault. But i do think he needs to get more involved and convince the Polian's and Irsay that this coaching staff. The people u surrround yourself with speaks alot about you. As for JIm Caldwell, the company he keeps is Draging his image down.

LOVE IT!! :)

\

You know it's hawt...

I just threw up a little bit.

He looks like a frat boy... No thanks! Give me your 2012 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks and 2013 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks over him anyday! I think San Fransisco/Harbaugh is gonna make us an offer we can't refuse.

And something else to consider....If San fran is going after Luck then they have no use for Kaepernick anymore and Kaepernick is one of the QB's from last year that Polian scouted pretty heavily. I bet they'd include him in the deal as well without losing too much else in the process and maybe we don't even have to draft a QB at all.

I want a cornerback. I think it will make the world of differnce to our defense because then you can move Powers to the number spot and put Lacey at the nickle where he belongs. I think we get a safety in the mid rounds of the draft.

I know people want Luck but you know what Luck isn't going to do anything to address the issues with this team and isn't that why people are so upset with Polian? For not addressing the real issues with the team yet they are calling for us to take a QB who probably wont play for four years? I don't get it. I mean if Luck's there I am not going to be shocked if we do take him I just don't get the people who are all over Polian for not addressing the real issues on our team yet we are looking at our highest pick since maybe when we took Edge or Freeney and they are calling for us to take a guy who isn't going to address the real issues for this team.

I want a cornerback. I think it will make the world of differnce to our defense because then you can move Powers to the number spot and put Lacey at the nickle where he belongs. I think we get a safety in the mid rounds of the draft.

I know people want Luck but you know what Luck isn't going to do anything to address the issues with this team and isn't that why people are so upset with Polian? For not addressing the real issues with the team yet they are calling for us to take a QB who probably wont play for four years? I don't get it. I mean if Luck's there I am not going to be shocked if we do take him I just don't get the people who are all over Polian for not addressing the real issues on our team yet we are looking at our highest pick since maybe when we took Edge or Freeney and they are calling for us to take a guy who isn't going to address the real issues for this team.

+1 for greatness :)

oh and just to be clear I wrote my post as if Manning is coming back. Clearly if he isn't that changes everything.

I completely agree and have said the same thing before as well. I still don't know that Luck has to be the pick but if Manning can't come back then it certainly makes the argument much stronger.