Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In one game, ( draft ) picks one through three in the 2011 NFL Draft went down... bang, bang, bang.

bayone

Eric Foster had a truly gruesome leg injury in the second quarter, an injury that looks career threatening.

Drake Nevis had back issues. Anthony Castonzo was knocked out in the first quarter with an ankle injury. Ben Ijalana, who stepped in for Castonzo at left tackle, left in the third with a knee injury.

In one game, ( draft ) picks one through three in the 2011 NFL Draft went down... bang, bang, bang.

It's frustrating. It's disheartening. It's time for the Colts to seriously reevaluate their training and conditioning staff. Injuries happen. I know. But, crippling injuries happen to the Colts far too often for it to be 'normal.'

( My Comment , our 2 OL men , well our left side of the line is really inexperienced , maybe technigue led to it , who knows, just disheartening, but yeah we do get to many, that cant be denied )

http://www.stampedeb...ts-17#storyjump

I think Ben has a better chance of returning more than castonzo it seemed more like a sprain to me... the colts conditioning staff has to be scrutinized no one should be spared the blame lol... those injuries really got me boiling last night, i didnt know who to get mad at.

I think Ijalana will be alright.

Anthony Castonzo looks real bad... probably out for a month, may need surgery.

Drake Nevis has back problems. It's not bad, but having a back problem in football is one of the worst injuries to have. He could get away with a arm or hand injury, but a back injury is bad. I think he'll be back, but he may miss next week. I'd like to see him recovery fully and not let anything interfere with that.

i'm all for changing the entire training and conditioning staff. this many injuries can't solely be because of bad luck

Many others have said the same. It is more than just bad luck or some of the other lame excuses the team and its apologists offer up when so many of our players get hurt year after year in comparsion to other teams injuries. It also exposes the front office lack of ability to get backup players. GB won the SB last year with 18 players on IR. We can't beat a good junior high team when some of our starters are injuried. Thanks, Bill Polian for drafting us into a 1-15 team.

Many others have said the same. It is more than just bad luck or some of the other lame excuses the team and its apologists offer up when so many of our players get hurt year after year in comparsion to other teams injuries. It also exposes the front office lack of ability to get backup players. GB won the SB last year with 18 players on IR. We can't beat a good junior high team when some of our starters are injuried. Thanks, Bill Polian for drafting us into a 1-15 team.

Just not true slim...

We didnt have as many injuries as Green bay last year..

..and we dont have as many as the Giants do now...

Sure, polian's an SOB..but you cant blame him for injuries..