Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie in San Fran

Nesjan3

I wish people would stop acting like Collie will be brain dead if he suffers another concussion. Obviously another concussion isn't a good thing, but players of the past suffered many more concussions than Collie and lived to tell about it.

BOOT;

So many have died or committed suicide now in their 40s and 50s from head trauma that we know the hits matter...

Collie has a wife and kid and every time you get knocked unconscious it become more likely you can/will be knocked unconscious again.   Dont blame 'people' if they care about him.  I wish he'd quit but he may need the money. I dont know.

One thing I do know. Concussions are cumulative.  He can do what he wants but he's more at risk now than others

BOOT;

So many have died or committed suicide now in their 40s and 50s from head trauma that we know the hits matter...

Collie has a wife and kid and every time you get knocked unconscious it become more likely you can/will be knocked unconscious again.   Dont blame 'people' if they care about him.  I wish he'd quit but he may need the money. I dont know.

One thing I do know. Concussions are cumulative.  He can do what he wants but he's more at risk now than others

I didn't say people shouldn't have concerns, but some are being a little dramatic about it.

BOOT;

Maybe he needs the money...or maybe, just maybe, he's been carefully examined by a series of actual medical professionals who have concluded that he is healthy and can continue to play.  I'm sure the series of doctors that checked him out and cleared him to continue playing care about him too.  

There's nothing wrong with people caring about him, but the people who keep up with the "he's stubborn", "he needs to think about his family", "he needs to retire" etc etc are all being ridiculous.  If you don't have a PHD and haven't repeatedly examined Collie yourself, then wish him the best and all that but saying what he "should" or "needs" to do is just stupid because you have no idea.

I think the guy is an * for risking any further damage, but to each his own.  As long as he is not one of those players 10 years down the line whining about what he suffers from because of the repeated trauma to the head then it is no big deal if he comes back.

I hope he does play with no more injuries because when he was healthy he was a nice weapon for the Colts, but I highly doubt he will stay healthy be it his head or another injury.