Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

wow.. Warren SaPPPP

John Dee

John, SW1 is a little confused my friend. Do you not think Warren Sapp is a HOF pass rusher? I will admit that Warren often has some difficulty knowing when to listen vs speak. No argument there. 

You can detest the guy's demeanor & personality if you want to. Hey, if a person dislikes a guy, they just do; there is no rhyme, reason, or rationale explanation for it. I get it. 

I guess I just like to see disruptive players on defense get into Canton since WRs, TEs, & QBs seem to get all the NFL media love now in the league. JMO. 

Being someone from someone who lives in the Tampa area, I've seen dozens of Bucs games.  Sapp is anything but overrated.  Yeah, he has an abrasive personality at times, but it's similar to Deion Sanders. There's "Prime Time" and then there's Deion.  I had an opportunity to meet and talk with Sapp (and John Lynch and a few others) after the celebratory parade for winning the Super Bowl.  He couldn't have been any nicer.

Anyway, on to his play on the field.  He is the most disruptive DT I have ever seen in my life.  His numbers tailed off a little at the end of his time with the Bucs, but thats because he was, at times, getting triple teamed.  Sapp is the reason anyone even knows Simeon Rice's name.  I'll admit, Brooks, Lynch, Barber and the crew would have been good without him, but... There's no way that defense could have been as historically great as they were without him.  Even in his Oakland days he gave offenses headaches, and even had another double digit sack year there.

Sapp deserved to go in no doubt. If you can play well nobody cares about your personality. Look at Rodgers and Dick Sherman. Plus he's gotten better as he's settled into broadcasting. Goofy, yes, but so are a lot of the guys on the NFL sets lol.

If personality flaws keep you out of the NFL HOF half the guys there wouldn't be there. While that was said with sarcasm there are quite a few that could be called a lot of things other than great football players. The NFL HOF lets your play on the field determine if your in. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Here’s my thought on the players and possibilities with the 15th pick:   If the following players are available, we stick and pick at 15 or maybe trade 3-5 spots up: -Brock Bowers -Quinyon Mitchell -Dallas Turner   If the above are gone, we trade down and take one of the following: -Brian Thomas, Jr. -Cooper DeJean -Xavier Worthy -Jared Verse/Laitu Latu   Striking distance is 3-5 picks IMO and the compensation has to be future draft capital I would think. I wonder if it is really Quinyon, who is it that they feel they need to get ahead of?  
    • Looked good tonight    Defense.playes really good ball in that 2nd half.     Carlisle tightened up the rotation running Toppin at the 5.     Pascal is just in beast mode.   Haliburton played better, but an still play better.     1-1 Pacers, the series has officially started.
    • The only reason why I wouldn’t want to trade up and give up a 1st next year for whatever scenario there is, is because we are 1 AR injury away again from having a top pick next year. Yeah we Flacco but we still won’t do anything with him and our 1st will be high enough to make me question on giving it up next year. I don’t trust AR yet staying healthy 
    • I don't think his history has negatively impacted the team, so I can't give you any examples. I said the players love him and only say good things.   Yes, the media still mentions Jim being a reason people don't want to come here. Cowherd said it a few months back and I watched an ESPN clip during free agency where someone said it there too. I disagree with them, but yes, they still say it.
    • Actually, I think the Colts would have him rated higher as a safety than a corner. He is a typical zone corner, any those start coming off the board in the 2nd. He is probably seen as the highest rated safety even though he played mostly of career as a corner. It isca weak safety drafted, so he could come off the board in the 1st.   
  • Members

• coltsva

coltsva 2,451

• Jumpman

Jumpman 0

Rookie
    • stitches

stitches 19,278

• Defjamz26

Defjamz26 4,625

• Arby0359

Arby0359 7