Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guard Danous Estenor signed; Robert Griffin waived.

:sigh:

Had RG323 on my final 53. One wrong guess so far on my final roster

I have no idea why you would've had RG360 on your final 53....    that one was way out of left field...

But no worries,  we're all going to be wrong on a number of players...   that's just the way these things work out....

He is famous for saving a woman's life by lifting a car

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-offensive-lineman-danous-estenor-lifts-car-to-free-trapped-man/1176983

As I understand he was tried out with the Colts in May.

Thanks for the info.

This has to do with injuries to the O Line more then actual talent by Estenor in my opinion, watching hm vs Florida State, Im not impressed at all

I know nothing about Estenor, but the history of the NFL is littered with guys who didn't impress at the college level, and the Colts roster seems to be littered with guys who don't impress you.

I know nothing about Estenor, but the history of the NFL is littered with guys who didn't impress at the college level, and the Colts roster seems to be littered with guys who don't impress you.

Ah your right, sorry I got out of line there, Hes a future all pro yayyyyyyyyyyyy. Seriously....Just because I am not drooling over him dont mean I dont like any of our pick ups.Give it a rest. Liking every single player that is picked up is not going to happen sorry to burst your bubble

Ah your right, sorry I got out of line there, Hes a future all pro yayyyyyyyyyyyy. Seriously....Just because I am not drooling over him dont mean I dont like any of our pick ups.Give it a rest. Liking every single player that is picked up is not going to happen sorry to burst your bubble

Oh sorry. So there are Colts players that meet your standards? I guess I didn't realize...

All sarcasm aside, Gavin, if the Colts had decided to pass on reevaluating Saturday based on his college performance, we never would have enjoyed such lengthy stability at the Center position. Sometimes it's worth taking a look, just to see.

All sarcasm aside, Gavin, if the Colts had decided to pass on reevaluating Saturday based on his college performance, we never would have enjoyed such lengthy stability at the Center position. Sometimes it's worth taking a look, just to see.

Different regime with the Saturday signing and of course its worth taking a look just to see a player. That has nothing to do with your original comment to me that the Colts roster was littered with guys that dont impress me, which is way off base anyway, As to the Estenor signing specifically....No he does not impress me but do some of the other players we have signed impress me? Yes

Not on mine way to big, looked like he came to camp out of shape, looked like he wanted to eat someone!

As I recall a fellow forum member posted the weight loss/gain of current players on the roster (old and new players) and RG360 seemed to have a massive weight gain. Apparently not in a good way.

As I recall a fellow forum member posted the weight loss/gain of current players on the roster (old and new players) and RG360 seemed to have a massive weight gain. Apparently not in a good way.

NCF did that I believe

Different regime with the Saturday signing and of course its worth taking a look just to see a player. That has nothing to do with your original comment to me that the Colts roster was littered with guys that dont impress me, which is way off base anyway, As to the Estenor signing specifically....No he does not impress me but do some of the other players we have signed impress me? Yes

I guess you just beat your drum so often about how bad you thought the Toler and Walden signings were, I lost sight of the fact that you still like the team... :)

As for Saturday being from a different regime, that's true enough. How about giving this regime more than 15 months to uncover their Saturday(s) before making so certain you've voiced how unimpressed you are for the umpteenth time... again...

Just sayin'.

I guess you just beat your drum so often about how bad you thought the Toler and Walden signings were, I lost sight of the fact that you still like the team... :)

As for Saturday being from a different regime, that's true enough. How about giving this regime more than 15 months to uncover their Saturday(s) before making so certain you've voiced how unimpressed you are for the umpteenth time... again...

Just sayin'.

Im not doing anything Jim Irsay himself isn't doing in regards to Grigsons ability to find talent and thats judge his eye over each prospect he brings in.....I know what your gonna say.....Estenor has not even played a snap yet.....I get that, But you have to base your initial opinion or reason for brining him in on something, Grigson obviously sees something in him. I dont know what, As far as Im concerned just depth until Holmes and Thornton return from injury

Im not doing anything Jim Irsay himself isn't doing in regards to Grigsons ability to find talent and thats judge his eye over each prospect he brings in.....I know what your gonna say.....Estenor has not even played a snap yet.....I get that, But you have to base your initial opinion or reason for brining him in on something, Grigson obviously sees something in him. I dont know what, As far as Im concerned just depth until Holmes and Thornton return from injury

I guess I don't understand your need to repeatedly assert your "position" on every acquisition, as if you feel like you have to be first, most frequent, and loudest to trumpet your disapproval.

I agree he's probably just depth, and will likely just be around to help the team through training camp and preseason. Those are roles the team need to have filled too, though, so what is it you'd want Grigson to do instead?. I guess I'm ultimately just unimpressed that you are unimpressed with what this guy did in college.

Irsay owns the team... Of course he is going to evaluate what his employees do. What is it you are hoping your astute evaluations will accomplish?

I guess I don't understand your need to repeatedly assert your "position" on every acquisition, as if you feel like you have to be first, most frequent, and loudest to trumpet your disapproval.

I agree he's probably just depth, and will likely just be around to help the team through training camp and preseason. Those are roles the team need to have filled too, though, so what is it you'd want Grigson to do instead?. I guess I'm ultimately just unimpressed that you are unimpressed with what this guy did in college.

Irsay owns the team... Of course he is going to evaluate what his employees do. What is it you are hoping your astute evaluations will accomplish?

The reason I give my opinion (good or bad) on every pick up is this.....I like to give my own opinion on based on what I see of a player that we pick up and not just an average fans homerism because we picked said player up, I get it and I do root for the players we picked up of course no matter who they are but I like to try to form my own opinion based on what I see of said player, Sometimes Ill be wrong...sometimes Ill be right....Just like Grigson. I guess my opinions just differ from offering an unbiased opinion rather then just blindly rooting for a player because he is a Colt, That also helps in forming some expectations of said player because we all have expectations of players some opinion on expectations just vary drastically by fans

The thread name needs to be changed to "The Gavin and Schwamm show".

:funny: didn't think my opinion would be the beginnings of a full on debate over a player that chances are 99 percent (in my opinion) wont be on the roster week 1